DISPLAYED
(Noir) Midnight Banking

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Bank of Ptah & Cole is complete. It rises, a couple of storeys high: curving concrete and sandstone finish with a plaza out the front. A large pool complements the space and water chuckles and burbles through an arcane looking fountain shaped into a pyramidal structure. The plaza doubles as a food court; and an area of the buildings lower level has been dedicated to retain space (already a selection of boutique stores have claimed space). The Bank lays claim to a portion of the lower level and takes up the entire upper storey. It is a tasteful space, created by people who wish their commercial hub to complement, rather than challenge, the prevailing ambience of the area.

It is night and the plaza is a sea of shadow, mottled by lighting. Freshly painted concrete, tile, and sandstone glint in the mischievous interplay of light and dark. Phantom lights dapple the swirling waters of the pool, to the laughter of water spilling from the fountain; a sound that is too friendly to be mocking, even to the jaundiced ears of the Kindred who draw near.

The bank is up late. In addition to the lights illuminating the entrance foyer with its marble columns, cunning carvings and small artefact display, the upper story is strongly illuminated. To the uninitiated it might seem that the staff are crunching the numbers for their first clients - a commission maybe, with a tight deadline; to those who know, it would signal that a hidden court is in session. One to which they were, apparently, not invited.

Over to you Josephine Angel Ducard Steven Cayce and others

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

Josephine was tempted, more than she'd like to admit, perhaps, to appear wearing the same shift that she'd worn to the failed ambush, the same one Khan had critiqued. Such an oppositional move would, however, accomplish nothing more than undercut her entire plan. Thus, the Lady donned the ensemble most familiar to her, that being her black jacket with the satin lapels and silver piping, the silver blouse with silver chain clasps, black slacks, and black flats. A black clutch held paper, pen, and cellphone, and the vampire idly toyed with this as she waited for her accomplice to appear.

-1 vitae for Blush.

A
    Angel Ducard

My dark sedan pulls into the parking lot and I make my way over to the bank. My sort of dress is simple yet classy, a business suit. This is not exactly going to be the most fun I have ever had. But I will help how I can, and Chris sent me to help Josephine, so here I am. I feel the pale lord before I see her. My beast reacts to her and I pause for the smallest of moments. Again, this was known to me. "Good Evening Josephine. I hope your evening is going well?"

I look to her now and try to smile. She doesn't care for me, and I know this. I really have nothing against her, beyond that she is a bit of a bitch. Then again, Rina may have taken the queen bitch crown. But then again, I am not the politest of flowers.

"You look very nice tonight, the silver is a lovely accent." She is severe, but hopefully she realizes what I am trying to do, get the night off on a polite note. After all, we are going to work together.

PRE

"Ah, but our evening has gone very poorly, Angel," Josephine contradicted with an amused smile. "When asked how you've been fairing, you'll not want to say, 'well, and you'? Trust me. Without something to be incensed about, we'll essentially have no reason to be here tonight. I do appreciate your compliment, however, thank you. You're looking remarkable tonight, as well. Certainly, I doubt we'll offend in that regard. In others though, I cannot be sure, so stay close, as it were. We come bearing ill news, after all," the Ventrue shared, just before turning and walking towards the building.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Indeed, most terrible news. I am filled with both angst and sorrow. I will ask that you take lead, as you were in the last meeting. I am not one hundred percent up to speed." I smile to her, "Well thank you." I give her a playful little curtsy and follow behind her. My face shifting from my normal platitude to a more dower face. I think about shedding some tears, but I decide against it. I don't want to smudge my makeup.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The pair find that the foyer entrance is unlocked and that the security systems are curiously down. No alarm calls when they steal inside, their feet ringing on the solid and highly polished floors. The foyer is a grand, open space dominated by a staircase the winds around a thick pillar that reaches to the roof. It is carved with glyphs, an artful illusion mimicking the obelisks and pillars found in desert buried tombs and hoary temples.

Alerted by the sound of their strides, a pair of security guards appear from deeper inside the building. Their uniforms mark them as working for Mameluke Security.

PRE

"Ah, good. We have come to speak with Mistress Nefertiti. Show us the way, please," Josephine said to the men in polite command.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The pair paused and exchanged glances, one obviously more hesitant than the other.

"As you wish. Please come this way." The less hesitant of the pair speaks. On impulse, his partner makes a hand movement: a curious set of gestures before his hand finds the comfort of his utility belt.

Jospehine may roll [Intelligence + Composure] to recognise the movement.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-12 02:17:50 Jojo rolls 8 to remember dat movement (int3+comp3+eidetic memory2) (10 Again) 9, 5, 4, 10, 3, 9, 3, 9, 6 4 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Josephine instantly recognises the hand signs. Its a code: a hand sign to identify members of Khans "cult" to one another. Nefertiti Khan made certain she had bored a few of them into her captive audiences memories.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread