Ended
Watch

Quiet Time

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ermac

As Truce inquired, Ermac lowered his head with a heavy sigh. It was quite apparent his anger had fizzled out. A long moment passed, "I find myself wondering if that's the case..." The Obrimos raised his head up. His lips twitched as frustration seeped out,

The Syndic sat questioning his beliefs in the Free Council. Slowly, the Libertine leaned toward Thιarch. "I...don't feel as though I can contribute as effectively as I could..." The Theurge took a moment to breathe, "...Now more than ever, we need leaders. Ones with the ability to get things done. We don't need to debate over every single topic - just the important ones."

Ermac shook his head and struggled with his words, "No, I have to get this off my chest..."

He paused for a long moment, "Sacramento's Assembly broke me. I don't have the patience to work with the Free Council."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce can sense the frustration in Ermac, wishing he could do something to comfort the man. But he agrees with him and his assessment. So this is why Ermac had asked to meet with him.

"Let me talk to Pepper. I'm certain that she can see as well as I that you can offer real change within the Silver Ladder. You could come with me to the meeting. Everyone knows you to be a respectful and orderly member of the Consilium, I'm sure they will welcome you as a candidate." Truce is on the edge of his seat, his words hopeful in his suggestion that Ermac might join the Ladder.

"I'm certain you're worried how the rest of the Free Council will think, but if anything such a change will aspire them to get their own acts together. Einstein may come out from her seclusion, and perhaps Emrys will begin to value the opinions of others rather than lash out so thoughtlessly."

He pauses, his voice losing some of its eagerness. "But then, I suppose it will be even more difficult being around him as a Cabalmate..." A spurned Order might well make for an enemy.

E
    Ermac

Ermac's eyes brighten at the mention of the invitation to the meeting, "Thank you..." he replies in a soft voice.

He listens as Truce raises a valid concern. A dejected assessment followed, "The only one who'd even miss me would be Crowley. I feel bad about parting ways with him."

He then shrugged, "Einstein made it abundantly clear she'll do the only the bare minimum until things improve to her satisfaction."

"As for Emrys...all he needs is a fluffy white cat before he becomes a James Bond villain. What scares me most is, I doubt if he even realizes it." Ermac sighed, "As a Cabalmate, yea, he'll be royally pissed. He'll just have to learn his behavior isn't acceptable. Maybe this will be the rude awakening he so desperately needs."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce offers a wan smile at the comparison of Emrys to the portrayal of a villain. As much as their conversation needed some humor to lighten the mood, Truce just can't bring himself to laugh. "Change isn't always easy, especially when you are making changes in your own life. Hopefully by being true to yourself you will find more satisfaction in word and action. Regarding Crowley, I'm honestly curious how he would take the news. I'm not certain if he'll consider it as quitting or you sticking to your beliefs, but I'd like to think he'll be understanding."

"I will contact Pepper tonight and give her some clue about your attending the meeting and see she's for or against it. If she's against it I'll meet with her and try to explain things better, but again, I'm fairly certain that she'll consider it good news."

"But before that, I wonder if we could perhaps talk over some ideas of what changes we can bring to the Consilium. I'm certain you have ideas for improvement, perhaps the same ideas you've shared with the Free Council. We've mentioned giving more credence to the Provost position and the importance of adding more Factotum, but I think, rather than voice our complaints, if we focus on positive ways to direct the Consilium's efforts that we can bring about that change. This whole business with Tyria, Avis, and Star, it shows exactly the sort of thing we don't want to happen, fissures within the Pentacle, rivalries and prejudice and infighting. How do you think we might create better unity in Sacramento?"

E
    Ermac

"Crowley's probably the most understanding of those that remain. He'll be disappointed, no doubt of that. He's been very supportive ever since I came along. One of very few people I genuinely consider a true friend."

As Truce conveyed his intent to talk to Pepper, he nodded in gratitude, "Thank you..."

Resolving the troubles of unity within the Consilium, Ermac swirled a finger around the lip of his cup, "We need to start acting like the Wise that we are. I would suggest bringing Star, Avis and Tyria together in attempts to resolve the issue peacefully." He frowned as he thought back to what Einstein had told him about Avis infiltrating her mind. "I don't know the full story, however, we should do our best in finding the truth."

"As for our big problem, it's more so a matter of getting Awakened to focus. If we get credible intelligence on when and where their movements are, we can develop a plan of attack."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"You're welcome, Ermac. More than welcome. I'm honored that you are willing to share your thoughts and concerns with me," says Truce in regards to the thanks he receives.

"Bringing those three together though may not be so easy. The Curator seemed very determined to settle things by Dual Arcane. But somehow I believe the result won't put an end to the dispute. Avis is very sensitive about her freedom of expression and Star seems to mean well but then this happened and now I'm not sure what to think."

Truce leans his elbow on the couch armrest and then his chin against his open hand. "I may request a meeting with Tyria about it first. I know next to nothing about her other than her role within the Mysterium, if she can be reasoned with or how upset she is about the...erm, the offense." Truce still isn't quite sure what he thinks of that sort of behavior and sexual deviancy.

"But it may simply be better to allow them to settle things on their own. Avis had said afterwards that she intended to fix things between their Orders so I would hate to interfere with that by meddling. Rather I think the dispute may be a symptom rather than a cause. I had thought that the Banisher presence may have been the cause to some of the stress that is manifesting within the Consilium, but then I think it may also have to do with the conflict between the San Franciscan Golden Consilium from last year. Then Einstein told me I may have been overthinking things, which is probably true..."

Truce sips his tea as if it were a warm security blanket that he could ingest. "So rather than speculate, I think that, yes, we should keep an open dialogue between the Orders and coordinate a network of information. You said during the meeting that you were planning on assisting Avis and Miach with their investigations. I think that may be a good opportunity to mediate cooperation between the Arrow and Mysterium. It may be that simple to promote unity."

E
    Ermac

Ermac listened to Truce. The Independent-turned-Thιarch had his back, it was enough to bring a relieved smile. "That may be best. Let Avis handle the situation before others step in. If we impose ourselves upon it too early, it may ruin any chance of resolution." He paused, "However, I think working with Miach and Avis will help in gaining traction towards peace as long as it's not an overt attempt at "okay let's be friends now" kind of thing."

"I haven't forgotten about San Francisco's attempt of annexation. I was at the Duel between Aquinas and Avalon or Dal Riata, whatever her name is. Many here despised her. If anything Aquinas taking the reigns was the best outcome."

Ermac shook his head, "I was at the Duel for Hierarch. I can't say I remember seeing her there. Until there's confirmation otherwise, I still believe San Francisco is lurking in the shadows. Healthy suspicion is what keeps one alive once they Awaken."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I remember you saying as much a few months ago to Emrys and myself. I still think a compendium of those events would be a beneficial record for future Mages to be aware of. But that aside, whether it is healthy suspicion or unhealthy stresses, as long as we reduce threats on the inside of the Consilium I think we can weather any outside attacks. I'm quite curious to see who Aquinas will choose for a second Herald and Sentinel so ordinances can be enforced."

"If you don't mind, I think we should try to meet regularly to compare notes about the overall health of the Consilium. I've very much enjoyed our conversation and I'm glad that we're of like minds about its welfare." Truce offers a soft smile to his host, feeling rather cheered that at least there is one more that Truce can rely on to have a sense of propriety and forethought.

E
    Ermac

"Agreed," Ermac nodded emphatically. "Much like your F.A.Q., we ought to have a written chronology available to Awakened will certainly cut down the brain drain we experience so frequently. I'd be more than happy to help archive the Consilium's collective knowledge." Apparently the Libertine was a closet Mystagogue too.

"Once we compiled a comprehensive account, if people have questions, we can hand them a copy and say "read the book."

"As for Heralds, I know Arthur was interested in it. Beyond that, I don't know who else was keen for the position."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"There was one individual, July, I believe his name was, who expressed an interest for a position. Though I'm not sure which position he had in mind," remarks Truce as he tries to recall the details of the Meeting's end.

"If we do draft a chronology though, I wonder if there's a way to code it somehow so only Awakened may read it. But perhaps that can come later once we have an initial copy," he suggests for the matter of the Consilium compendium. "I would be happy to assist in writing out any passages if able, though I will probably end up going around the Consilium and asking for information from anyone willing to share it."

Once Truce finishes his tea cup, he stands from his seat. "Thank you again for the tea. I think I'll contact Pepper right away about the Ladder meeting. I'll let you know the result and the date if she has one in mind. It should be fairly soon, I imagine."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.