Ended
Watch

Quiet Time

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac headed out from The Wave's communal living space. The Theurge returned to his own, original Sanctum that he had moved into when he arrived in Sacramento. From his perspective, it was his own Fortress of Solitude.

He invited Truce over to talk.

Inside was a small studio apartment, with wires running along the walls beneath posters - X-Files' "The Truth is Out There," and Guy Fawkes' mask made famous by V for Vendetta.

A book shelf containing a myriad collection of I.T. reference texts, history books, two hard covers sat on top of the shelf We Are Anonymous and Meditations.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

The invitation from Ermac is somewhat unexpected, but Truce has no reason to refuse the Obrimos. Even after his conversation with his Cabalmate, Truce had yet to truly understand the outlook of the Path of the Mighty. The small apartment complex is neither intimidating nor impressive but Truce can't judge. He himself had been living in something similar when he first came to the city.

Truce comes to the door and knocks, certain his arrival is anticipated.

E
    Ermac

Ermac opened the door with a pleasant, "Hey! Come on in." The Obrimos stepped aside allowing him entry. In that moment, he had realized, he didn't know what to address the Moros in non-Consilium company. "Thanks for coming by on such short notice. Anything I can get you? I've got tea, coffee, soda."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles softly at the enthusiastic greeting and obliges Ermac by entering. His eyes are drawn instantly to the decor before settling back on Ermac to answer his question.

"It's not a problem, I'm always eager for some one-on-one conversations. Tea, please, thank you."

Truce looks around for a place to sit but in his search begins looking over the covers of books along the shelves. "Meditations? An interest in ancient philosophy?"

E
    Ermac

"Tea, sure." Ermac headed over to the kitchen, filled up a pot of water and set it on the gas stove. He called to Truce, "I came across that after reading a book by Ryan Holiday. According to him, that's the best translation of them all." The Theurge rummaged through the cabinets. "It's alright to sit on the couch, I forgot to pull the dust cover off of it. Moving into the Wave's Sanctum made me lose track of things."

The couch he referenced was appeared to be an older but well maintained three seat sofa covered by a white sheet. Across from it was a smaller two seat similarly covered by a sheet. Even the small coffee table and the flat 26 inch LCD TV sitting upon its stand was covered by sheets.

"Holiday runs a monthly newsletter on books. It's damn good," he continued on. "What kind of tea? White, green, black? I've got a few packets of each."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Black is fine. So this is sort of your home away from home? A place for self-reflection perhaps or just to stay in case it doesn't work out with the Cabal?" he ventures a guess as he starts to pull the dust cover off of the couch, slipping the sheet into a bundle along one of the armrests. There's still some small talk to get through but Truce enjoys those simple pleasantries.

"It's interesting. Rene Descartes had a book by the same title. I wonder if he was ever exposed to Marcus Aurelius's writings. But then I guess one is more philosophy of morality while the other is a philosophy of awareness," remarks the Necromancer still on the subject of the book.

E
    Ermac

"Black it is," he retrieved two small packets. Inside was a bag of black tea, he set both inside two mugs. With regards to the second Sanctum, he confessed its purpose. "It's a bit of both." He paused to check the temperature of the water. "I enjoy the solitude in knowing no one will come to bother me." Then he lifted the lid and poured the bubbling water into the mugs. "As for the Cabal...well...precedence has proven necessity for self-sufficiency."

Ermac placed the mugs on two saucers with a spoon for each. He walked over to Truce, setting a cup down before the Necromancer on the coffee table, then his own plate. He pulled back the sheet on the couch across from Truce and sat down. "Descartes is interesting. To have such a brilliant mind at that age. To challenge one's mind is to challenge the world."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce thanks his host again for the tea and leaves it be for the moment to steep.

"He's heavily encouraged to read in the psychology undergraduate program, more so to examine where he failed in some of his theories on the connection between emotion and reason. Anthony Damasio's Descartes’ Error was one I thoroughly enjoyed, though it tends to shy away from philosophy to examine the neuroscience behind the function of the brain as Sleepers know it."

As much as Truce enjoys the subject of Academia, he decides to allow a deviation into more pressing topic. "So have things changed much since your taking on the Provost position? It's strange to think of you as anything but Councilor since that's the title you held when I first arrived to the city."

E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded, "Shaping one's opinions, morality and personality through electro-chemical stimulus. Neuroscience is definitely a fascinating component in philosophy. I haven't had the opportunity to read Damasio. It's on my list of things to get to."

As Truce brings up his status as Provost, he smiled. "I recall a certain Independent who newly arrived in Sacramento's Consilium. Now he's a Councilor. You've done well for yourself." Ermac glances down at his cup, the tea steeping with steam gradually fading away.

"As for me, I get along just fine." His brown eyes looked up through his glasses, "It's allowed me to step back and reflect on what truly matters. I saw where I have stumbled and I am learning from my mistakes."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce looks down a bit bashfully at Ermac's praise. "Well, it seems to be a position I've obtained through lack of competition. I wonder sometimes if it isn't the same as your earlier situation, being thrust into the limelight by a pressing need. I believe Einstein became aware of this too and saw some mediocrity in the election process. But I hope I can use the position to make a positive change."

After the color in the infused tea darkens Truce lifts the cup from its saucer and sips.

"Have you had much in the way of responsibilities in your Provost position? I feel as though the position was somehow undermined by the lack of clarity in the Charter until recently. Now that the laws are more understood I feel that Provost might take on a more crucial role in enforcing the Council's will. Do you think that'll be the case?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.