Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Constructive Interference

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    T

"It's like when you're learnin' to do somethin' and you don't know how to do it, then suddenly you realise you're doin' it without tryin'." He said plainly. "At least that's what it seems like to me. But yeah, whenever I learn something new like that, it's not like it's some new thing I have to know how to do, it's just like a different way of seein' the world." he continued with a serious nod. "Like the lightbulb up there." he said looking up. "Most people don't even know how it works, let alone care about if it should work like that or not. But you an I both know that all those electrons are buzzin' down the wire 'cause the Lie tells them they have to. I mean switchin' it on an' off with magic seems almost as natural as usin' a light switch now ay. Only it takes a bit for me to do it since I'm not an Obrimos. But you get the idea ay. That what you were talkin' about?"

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Exactly." A finger and grin emphasize the statement. "That realization then boom, it makes sense."

Arthur looks up at the light bulb and a hand twitches, wanting to prove Striker's point. "Ever wonder if the guys who made the Matrix are Libertines?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

T

"Matrix?" Striker repeated. "I saw that ages ago. Cool movie, but what's it got to do with Libertines?" he asked curious where his cabal mate was drawing connections.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I ahh." A hand gives a weak wave.

"I would expect them to go for something that overt? Something that blatant?" Arthur shrugs and looks to the side. "Maybe I'm just confused."

T

"Sorry mate. Still not sure what you're on about ay." Striker replied looking confused.

OOC

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's ahhh... so the Matrix is like the Lie? In a way? They explain it in the movie with computers and shit. But its still the same concept right?"

"Ehh well except for the whole battery thing...I hope?" Arthur shrugs, that would suckkkk.

"The world is a Lie and only a few people know. They try to fight it but are held down by it. Except we don't get to jack out and not live in the Lie."

T

The shaman nodded thoughtfully, this was an analogy he could run with.

"Yep. Reality's a lie. But yeah. The batt'ry thing. Heh." He gave a chuckle. "I s'ppose you work a spell to make someone a batt'ry, but it wouldn't be too healthy for 'em ay!" he added with a grin.

"But yeah I get what you're saying. Once you wake up you can't go back. That bloke in the movie who did... What'shisface? What a bloody coward. Gave himself a bloody lobotomy ay." He shook his head in disgust. "And yeah, not havin' to worry about the Lie, the Abyss an' all that garbage. That'd be sweet." A pause. A serious look. "You believe in Atlantis?" he asked with a straight face.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Na electricity is all part of the Lie as well. It'd be easier to make an Imago for that....maybe? I'm not sure the Abyss would take kindly to free energy." Arthur looks at the light for a moment. "Buttt couldn't hurt. Maybe I should talk with Ermac or Emrys or about that."

"Atlantis That Was? Of course. It is why we are stuck here in the Lie. Why we suffer each day we wake up and strive to break free of the chains. Why reality itself fights against us every time we impose our will." Fervor slips into Arthur's tone with ease, eyes light as he speaks.

T

"Yeah. I've heard about folk who work things to get free power and stuff ay. I dunno if I could pull it off, but then again I'm not an Obrimos ay. We should really get together with everyone and work out if there's anything we wanna do with this place to make it better. I'm not talkin' about workshop stuff, I mean I've heard about people settin' up wards and having Spirits guard their sanctums and stuff like that. Might be worth lookin' into with the Banishers about ay." the shaman said.

"Atlantis That Was." He repeated as if rolling that particular label in his mouth to appreciate the flavour. "Yeah. Bloody Abyss. Anyway no point reminiscin' ay. Here and now. That's what it's about. We've got our own bloody crazy mages to deal with ay." he said with a serious look.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just another challenge for us to overcome. Our place is not in this world or in the Lie." A happy grin plays across Arthur's face as he speaks before it falls into a more solemn..grin.

"Spirit guards? That's freaky but it if works it's worth looking into. We probably should work on defenses. I'd rather not get caught with my pants down if some Banishers find the place.

I probably can't do that free power thing though. That's way past me."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread