Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Bishop Sterling , how are you this evening?” he asked, addressing his covenant leader first. Such as a leader among two was a leader.

Mr. Lukyanenko ,” he hesitated trying to bring up the other’s name before it came to him Ms. Yui ; it’s good to see you both again."

The final Kindred , though by far the most enticing and delightful of the group by far, was not one he knew by name.

"And I don't believe we've been formally introduced. I'm Kenneth Gilroy, Lay Brother of the Lancea et Sanctum. It's an honor to meet you.," he groveled.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

V
    Vivian York

Yes…. that’s my Coterie mate….

Whom now Vivian was quite sure to need a shopping trip in the worst way. Usually her Ventrue friend wore dour items, still classy and spoke of how Josephine seemed to want to appear.

Oh wait, did she wear that to impress me? Splash of colors, something bold and flagrant? Vivian smiled as Josephine neared her, she did admire the tie. “Oh, the tie is so lovely, Josephine. Good evening.”

Turning to Rina, nodding. “Vivian, or Ms. York will do if necessary. Pleasure to finally meet you.” A soft grin, until a slight distraction headed their direction.

The Daeva’s skin felt creepy, like she’d been sitting at a table loaded with ants. The feeling to squish something only brought upon by the Haunt who politely introduced himself. Thankfully, Vivian’s eyes were quickly averted to see Asa and Twist , a slow dip of her head, her eyes watching his own for a moment, before returning to the sniveling speaking Haunt.

Still polite as can be, for it was possibly his curse that promoted the feeling. Grinning, the Daeva nodded toward the Nosferatu. “Good evening, Kenneth Gilroy.” Her eyes darted to Josephine , considering he called her Bishop. “As I mentioned, you may call me Vivian.”

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"As am I, Miss York." Really, what was with everyone and trying to make her use their first name? Didn't anyone have any regard for proper etiquette? Or maybe they just all wanted to proposition her - Rina had noted a certain propensity towards sleeping with anything that moves, among the Daeva and the Ventrue. Maybe that was it. On the other hand, the creepy man confirmed that Josephine was Bishop.

Rina dropped into a low bow across the room as the Duke and the Duchess ( Asa Twist )entered, dropping to less than a 90 degree angle, as if fully intending to mash her face into the floor in greeting. Her head stopped well short, however, and she looked back up at the others, waiting expectantly.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

"Actually, it is just Sister Josephine, if you wish to address me with regard to my status in the Lancea Sanctum," the scholar informed Kenneth with a polite smile, before transferring her gaze to Vivian and Rina. "And thank you, Vivian, I'm glad that you enjoy it. I was curious what you might say this outfit was expressing, since you're fond of analyzing the art of fashion, but it wasn't the only reason I wore it of course. Its very fitting for where we're standing, I would venture to say. What of you, Madame Yui? What would you say?"

The Ventrue's black eyes landed on Rina's equally dark gaze, Josephine's smile twisting slightly broader with the question. There was a certain joy to be held when one prodded others into speech.

B
    BDeHaven

"Good evening, Mr. Gilroy, Sister Joshephine, Miss York." Sergei greeted them as he moved closer to the gathering.

Noting both the Duchess and a man he had never seen before entering the area, Sergei catches a glimpse of Madam Yui out of his eye. He could only think of one person who could draw such a bow from her, the Prince was surely in the building. Sergei excuted a perfect ninety degree bow towards the Prince, after a few moments gave the duchess a half bow. Turning his attention slowly back to the group of kindred close by.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth gave Josephine a curious look for half a second before he relaxed his expression so it wouldn't look like he was questioning her. She planned to host Black Mass. As an apostolica it needed to be officiated by a priest. Josephine therefore had to be a priest. As the most powerful priest in the Domain (by default of being the only one), that made her Bishop. Perhaps she was simply presenting a face of humility. Or maybe he had assumed too much.

If she wasn't a priest though, why not seize the title while there was no one to contradict her? For Gilroy the answer was that his curse made him a poor choice for leader of the covenant. However, such barriers where not even a consideration for the Ventrue. If she wasn't a priest and was still intending to conduct the Midnight Mass then if a church official later came to the Domain and discover the transgression then that could spell trouble. He would have to ask thoughts in private. Questions about position here would be airing dirty laundry.

"My mistake," he said simply.

He turned as others started making bows en mass. It could only mean one thing. The Prince had arrived. He was soon able to pick out the leader of the Domain from the direction every one was bowing. Kenneth recognized Twist but not the man beside her. However, the man's commanding poise was noticeable even with the distraction of the scantily clad woman. Gilroy followed suit and performed a knock-kneed, cringing bow that seemed to shrink the Nosferatu to less than half his height.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

V
    Vivian York

Everyone seemed a little tense. Is it the mixture of Covenants? Perhaps, but there were several times that the Daeva heard the Lancea referred to as the ‘Second Estate’ or some rubbish. It was possible she was misinformed.

You mean it looks like hell? Vivian held her words back, but they burned on the end of her tongue. Grinning ear to ear, replying to Josephine. “Yes, I think it is definitely fitting for where we are tonight.” She didn’t want to really voice her opinion before the Shadow gave her own thoughts.

Her gloved finger ticked in the air toward Sergei. “Now, I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of your name.” Her grin genuine while she was very grateful for the spot of perfume she dabbed on her nose.

For a moment, her gaze paused on Kenneth, mouthing the words ‘It happens.’ Followed by a sympathetic smile, the Daeva was certainly not free of her own title mistakes.

“Because I’m ever so curious. Why did we all pick Hell tonight?” Wrinkling her nose with a curious smile and quick shrug of her shoulders.

This could go one of two ways, and she presumed she would receive both for her question.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina only blinks silently at the apparently-not-Bishop. What did she know about clothes? Not much. Definitely not enough to figure out if bright colors and eye-pain were fitting for where they were, really. Was she talking about Hell, or the club? Ultimately, not a sound issues from the Shadow, as she simply stares at Josephine.

Her eyes move quickly to Vivian at her question. "It seemed right."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

"Well, Vivian, I'll be preaching on something quite close to it, soon. I suppose I could have entered heaven as the malcontent and attempted to revise the misguided direction of our peers, but that would just be redundant. Besides, Hell is a state of mind, and beyond that, it is in our souls. It matters not if those who tread in the imitation of God's vaunted Kingdom imagine themselves in a state of Grace. Their minds still know it is a lie, and their souls still tremble with terror and hate at the very presence of others of our kind. It is inescapable," Josephine replied, a languid joy riding her words, a half smile upon her black stained lips.

B
    BDeHaven

Looking at the stunning Miss York, he replies to her. "Yes, I am Sergei Lukyanenko recent arrival to the domain. I chose hell because it was the most logical choice in getting to meet more of the kindred.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread