Ended
Watch

Impulse Control

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Ermac

At the Whispering Wave Sanctum, Ermac sat in his room on his laptop. One could conceivably describe it as Spartan-esque. His room contained only the necessities - a desk with his laptop, a bed, and a closet. A small framed photo of Falstaff sat next to his open laptop.

He had offered the boisterous one armed Arrow. Tonight would show if Ermac could be of assistance.

T

Striker knocked on the door and gave it a nudge, just in case it was already unlatched.

"Ermac mate. You there?" he asked, loud enough to be heard in the room. "It's Striker." he added as if his accent wouldn't give that away.

E
    Ermac

With a glance to his fallen comrade, the Theurge spun around on his chair to face the door. He arose and opened the door, "Hello Striker," he greeted his Cabalmate, "come on in." Ermac stepped aside allowing entry. "Have a seat on the chair pal."

T

"Cheers mate." Striker replied with a friendly nod as he entered and took a seat. He took a quick glance around, taking in the room, quirked an eyebrow at the photo of Falstaff then took a seat and looked to Ermac.

"So what's up buddy. You said you wanted to talk, try an' help or something?" he asked with a casual curiosity.

E
    Ermac

Ermac closed the door behind Striker and took a seat on the bed. A brow raised at the Thyrsus asking him for help. "If I recall correctly I offered to help you." He paused then added, "So, in a way help me understand your situation and I can determine how to get you back on track."

T

"Well like you said. Impulse control. I mean I usually trust my instincts and go with what feels right, an' that usually works out fine for me." he said to the other mage. "But you seemed to have a problem with me standin' up for myself when Pepper was tryina screw me over at the meetin', so maybe you can tell me what you were thinkin' so we can get on the same page." he suggested.

E
    Ermac

The Theurge nodded as Striker explained his rationale. A calm voice followed, "I took issue with your choice to fire back at her in the way you did. It's become apparent to me that was the latest in a long chain of prior problems. As the saying goes, "word travels fast." He pulled off his glasses and tugged up his shirt to rub the lens clean.

"There's always a better way of expressing things," Ermac said as he checked his glasses in the light, "In your particular case, it's not what you say, it's what other people hear is what truly matters."

T

"So you don't think I shoulda done nothing, you just think there's better ways of doin' it." Striker confirmed seriously, nodding gently. He couldn't fault the man on that. Sometimes it seemed like there was so much yelling at consilium that nothing ever got done.

"Just so ya know, I tried to get it sorted ay. I called Pepper like, maybe two weeks before to ask about it and she said she'd get back to me. Then BAM, she does it in front of everyone AND has a go at Arthur AND basically said that you lot are bunch o' dickheads for takin' me in." Striker said getting a little worked up. "I mean jeez. Whatdya say to that then ay?"

E
    Ermac

Ermac placed his glasses back upon the bridge his nose. He shook his head upon learning that the Arrow had tried working things out with the Thearch. "At least you attempted to resolve the issue. That shows me you're trying to repair things." Another pause as he reflects on what to say, "Think of it this way, Striker - why should you care that she said things that amounted to nothing?"

He inclined his head slightly, "Why should you waste your brain cells trying to articulate a response in a situation that you cannot possibly win? Why have any semblance of a damn about what she or quite frankly anyone else thinks of us taking you in as a Cabalmate?"

"The better way, was to acknowledge her point and move on."

T

"Nothin'?" Striker looked confused at Ermac's words. "Look I dunno if you know what went on so lemme catch you up ay. I arksed Pepper to defend me at the last, previous Consilium, the one at the hostel where Star kicked you outta your seat." The shaman said, not trying to make a point, just giving reference. "Told her everythin'. Trial shoulda been a month from then so I called Asp a month later 'cause nothin' had happened she said she'd tell someone and get back to me. Didn't hear anything so I arksed her again later and she said I should check with Pepper, so I did, like I just said. Then suddenly she's sayin' there's a trial on in two months. One that shoulda happened two months earlier and then starts makin' out like no-one should trust me. I mean hell, if you had a trial comin' up and some started remindin' everyone of all the mistakes you'd made would you think that was nothing? I don't really give a rat's arse what people think of me usually, but a factotum skewin' everyone's opinion before a trial like that? How's that s'pposed to gimme a fair go ay? I know I can't win an' I'm tryin' ta move on, but I don't know what her point was." He sighed. "Maybe she didn't have one, I mean she sent that message. I dunno what to think now."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.