Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Motel No-Tell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This guy? The Ricky Martin of the Awakened, yo.

"Is that a gun? Nice. I've got a gun. Like, somewhere. I don't wear it."

Like a fake Christmas tree, pulled out for special occasions.

"That sounds legit. I like the sound of all that. Especially the whole, you know. Finding and brain bullet thing. I'm, I guess, more of a talker? I talk. But, it sounds like, we'd be good backup for each other?"
    Backup. As in, some day, he was gonna have to bail this guy out of jail.

Guardian Bail Bonds. Catchy.

"So, who are you crewed up with? Tell me about them?"

Because Everyone Knows About Avis.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

July had learned long ago that not everyone understands or appreciates the appeal of always having a gun. Then again Star wouldn't be a good ally if they were the same. "Well my idea of talking is getting information the hard way but I'm not an idiot, I know sometimes you need a smoother talker than I am. We probably would make a good team."

He took another sip of his whiskey, finishing it off, and then left the glass empty. He adjusted his hat and then said, "Well I only know a little bit about them so far. There's Argo, Miach, Themis, and Pelican. Argo and Pelican are Moros, Miach and Themis are Acanthus. They want to call the group Fateful Watch," before Star could make a weird look at the name he raised his hand to stop him and added, "it's better than some of the other stupid names they came up with. The only reason I'm interested is they all agreed to look into GLO and the Sac U Banishers."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Dumb cabal names are the worst, yo.

"They're tied together."
    Long fingers rippled along the glass' side, then lifted and upended. "They're distributing it at the Uni, but also on the street. Miach, he's a Mystagogue, found some on the street. Then this other chick, Aurum, found some at The Rage. If you see her, tell her I said 'Hi'. She's, like," a hand flattened, shoulder height, "This tall. Got the whole cute goth thing going, dark hair with colored streaks and usually wears latex."

What? Observation is A Thing.

"I'll be straight up? Packing the Uni with us is just going to, you know, raise the chances of someone getting caught."
    Someone important. Someone like Jack. Don't overfill the fish tank. "What about. Hmmm." Fingers rippled against the glass again. For the next trick, watch an idea appear. Ideas are A Thing.

"Say. You have any contacts with the po-po? Okay, follow this: They're college kids, right? College kids get in trouble, do dumb stuff. Let's say one of the important ones gets caught DWI or something, then whoever's pulling the strings would probably bail them out, right? What about coming at it that way? See if any of the kids have Fairy Godparents looking out for them?"

Regents were covered. Students were covered. Picture a knot, pulling it apart. Pick at it, here and there, but keep fingers clear of one another.

"Oh, also? You, uh, you know, want to give me any pointers on shooting some time?"
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

"Ok, that's what I thought Miach was saying. He characterized the Banishers as drug dealers so it all makes sense."

July listened as Star continued about the potential to get caught and then his inquiry into July's connections. "I think you're right, too many of us at the school could lead to any number of problems. I've never known heretics of their kind to worry about sleeper life, and they tend to be pretty volatile. I think we actually need to try and get a representative from a couple of the cabals together to come up with actually strategy. Maybe have a sit down and share information, strictly about this," July said before getting up to rinse out his glass. He was too close to drunk to keep drinking but he was still thirst nevertheless.

As he grabbed the dirty sponge on his motel sink and put some soap on it he said, "speaking of, what's going on with your cabal? I think I heard something like it was just you and Avis so it kind of dissolved? If you need one well mine is just temporary so you could always meet the other four and see what you think. I imagine the group won't stay that large, hell may even split apart after people get to know each other, but figured I'd still offer for you two to meet them. Anyway, all my contacts were with the feds and I kind of burned that bridge when I disappeared. Themis on the other hand is still a cop so she could help."

He cleaned the glass as he talked. Not really trying to get it spotless, but just enough to hide some of the prior whiskey taste. Not that whiskey taste was bad, it just didn't mix well with lemonade. He then walked to his little fridge and grabbed a jug of juice he had, filling the now mostly clean glass with lemonade. "Miach said something about Written in Water bookstore. Apparently two suspects showed up there so that's a lead. And then he also said someone was already sent to jail but he didn't elaborate on who or their connection."

July then walked back with his juice in hand and sat back down. "I don't see why not, just let me know when you're interested."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Water, water everywhere.

"You know, that's not a super-bad idea. The cabal reps? I was actually thinking about that, you know? Consiliums are such a mess, like, what if it was just Councilors and each cabal's Sigil holder? Then the holders take the info back to the cabals."
    It was an Idea. Maybe worth trying, maybe not. It just never seemed like the right time to mention it.

"I'm legit impressed, you got some good info from Miach. Yeah, I was in on that, for a bit. The perp was a dead end. We were going to set up a sting, but that was back when Nous was around. I sort of bounced off of that into my cabal's investigation..."

Words trailed off. Some things just never last. It's worse when it's something good.

"Ummm. Yeah. We'll figure something out. We talked to Temoins de Suds and we're gonna talk to Panthera Nox. But, like, I appreciate that. We'll work it out. Somehow."
    Eyes drifted downward, studying amber liquid. "And, uh, thanks. For not, like, making any cracks about, you know. Avis and I."

Because Guardian.

"But, yeah, totally. About the gun thing. We had this Arrow, Asp? But now maybe, you know. I should think about that stuff. Zoey used to practice..."

The glass lifted slightly in a phantom toast, then upended. Here's to Veiled Threats.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

"It would make the conversation less hectic I hope. Clearly people are going to disagree on how best to handle the situation, but having everyone there would only cause chaos," July replied. "He actually was very forthcoming with information. Too bad the information didn't help more."

July nodded his head as he listened to Star go through his plans for a cabal. "Well, just let me know if you need any help on the cabal end. And no problem, what's personal is personal." It wasn't July's place to judge how people felt about each other, or even where they expressed it. Now if they had magically created a portal so they could have sex both in the museum and Fiji at the same time, then he'd have a problem.

"That's always the hardest part of teams with diverse skill-sets. If someone with important skills gets killed or disappears then you're shit out of luck. But even if we don't do anything with trying to make a cabal, I don't mind doing some "freelance" work as protection, or helping you train your own skills," he said with visible air quotations.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Sounds like a plan."

Not A Plan. A plan. There's a difference. One's a moving target, and one has prep. Cowboy hat or no? Having a Wyatt Earp on speed dial never hurt anyone.

Plus, maybe poker night.

"Okay, so, I'll leave your name at Hostel HI? If either of us,"
    a hand flopped back and forth in a circular motion, "Hears something new or needs backup, you know." The hand hooked upward, pinkie and thumb out next to the mop. You know. El telephono. "Just wanted to, uh, check in. Looks like, you know, you've got it together."

The empty glass settled on the counter, and greenish-blue eyes drifted around.

"Anyway? Yep. So. Thanks for the drink."

Fist bump.

Because Exit Stage Left.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

"Good to hear. I'll stop by sometime to check the place out. And again, if you need back up let me know and I'll help out, and I'll let you know if I hear anything new."

He watched as Star got up, leaving his glass. He saw the fist go out. July gave into the fact that now they had become...friends? associates? He wasn't sure but regardless he humored the Obrimos by bumping his fist back.

As Star was leaving July replied, "No problem. Maybe I'll have something more than whiskey next time." He certainly hoped he'd have more by then, if there was a next time. He certainly hoped there would be. They seemed to get along just fine. It would have sucked if the other main Guardian and him clashed. He downed the rest of his lemonade, stood up, locked the door, filled the glass up with whiskey, and laid down on the bed. With his evening done he could finally drink himself to sleep. He popped some sleepy time medicine, downed the glass in one sip, then turned on the TV so he could drift off to the sound of late night Wheel of Fortune reruns.

End Scene

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Stop, collaborate, and listen.

Slowly turning until the closed door was in view again, a hand raised.

knock knock knock

"July."

knock knock knock

"July."

knock knock knock

"July."
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

Screaming. Screaming and blood. The memories always came back in his sleep. But before he could suffer through his usual dreams he heard his name. He opened his eyes by the second knock and sat up by the time his name is said a third time. Star?

He got up, put his clothes on and looked at the clock. It had only been minutes since he closed the door. He shrugged off the drowsiness of the medicine and left his hat on his night stand. His hair was already messy, so he just slicked it back and headed to the door.

He opened it to find Star again standing outside. He gave him a confused look and said, "Yes?" and then moved to the side to allow entrance if he wanted back in.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread