Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Motel No-Tell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Nearly a thousand trees are cut down every second.

True story, yo. Once upon a time, Sacramento had more trees per capita than any other city. Ariadne, Bishop, Del Taco, Nous, Zoey. Some people can't see the forest for the trees, but that takes a forest to work.

Hands juggled a motorcycle helmet, backpack, paper bag and sunglasses, and finally a shoulder butted against the door.

Meeting people is good. You never know who's going to open the door. Maybe a future bestie.

Or some weirdo in a cowboy hat.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

July was sitting in the chair by the window in room number 107. He didn't make jokes very often. Hell, he hardly even laughed at them. But he always enjoyed getting a room with a seven in the number, and always a room on the first floor (just in case he needed to make a quick escape). He sat with the window closed, a lone lamp lighting the room. His order gave him a decent stipend to help with living but July didn't like owning too much. He never knew how or why someone may find him and he never wanted it to be because they looked up his property records. He was a serious man who lived a simple life. The only complicated parts were when he got into an investigation. That's where the true man would start to reveal himself. The part that sometimes took human life for granted and got frustrated when those same people made stupid decisions. Why couldn't people just let him decide everything? Things would go by much smoother that way.

Something July enjoyed about his privacy is he felt comfortable enough to relax with his hat off. He felt comfortable around others with it on, almost like a type of personal token. It didn't really do anything for him, hell he'd gone years without one, but now it'd become almost a superstition that he didn't leave the house without it. Maybe that kind of thing happened to Enchanters. You spend too much time with fate and you start to get superstitious.

On the table next to the window sat a cheap bottle of whiskey. July grabbed it and poured some in his glass as he waited for his fellow Guardian to arrive.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Welp.

Maybe he didn't hear the shoulder butt.

Kick it, yo. It's like a Kick-Door, minus the door breaking open and the stealing.

Ow.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

This is why you don't drink when company is on the way. He vaguely heard the first "knock" but he definitely heard the kick at his door. He grabbed his hat and put it on, adjusting it so that it sat properly on his head and then he reached for the door. Standing just outside was Star holding a motorcycle helmet, backpack, paper bag, and sunglasses. "Hello. Come on in," he said before stepping out of the way to allow entrance.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Who wears a hat indoors?

Bald people. Shhhhhh. No, seriously, bald people.

"Hey, what's up, here, grab this, the helmet, wait, no, the bag. Yeah. Grab the bag. That's for you. You know, like, a house-warming gift. But in a hotel. Or motel. Is this a motel? I never got the difference between a motel and hotel. But, yeah, anyways, that bag is for you. Uh. Welcome to Sacramento."
    A little something-something for between laundromat visits. Plus? Pretty sure that smell is the hat. Hit it, yo.

Fingers swung the bag outward, and he entered.

"Say. Man. You got, like, a drink?"

Because teetotaler girlfriend.
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

July looked down at the bag, then at Star, then back at the bag before taking it. "Um...thank you." Is he saying I smell? He places it on the table unsure if he'll ever actually use them.

"I always felt that a motel is the shittier of the two. I find people are less likely to look for me here and since they have barely operating housekeeping my room doesn't get bothered while I'm out."

At Star's next question he leans over and grabs a glass, takes it over to the sink and rinses it out. He hadn't had company since he unpacked his drinking glasses so it was a little dusty. Then he walked back, put the glass down and picked up the whiskey bottle, leaning it over the glass as he waited for Star's response. If he accepted July poured him a glass and filled his own glass some more before putting the bottle back down. "So.." he said clearing his throat. "You said we should talk, what's up?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Spray and pray, yo.

Two fingers. Pour it. "Thanks."

"Yeah, maybe, maybe that's the difference. You do see a lot more hookers and dope fiends at motels, don't you? That's probably because, you know, the exits."
    Cheers. Here's to hookers and dope fiends. "You can stay at Hostel HI, if you want. It's not, like a safe-safe house, but, whatever. Your call. Until, like, you find a crew."

"Anyway. Sorry about Consilium? Or, Consiliums. Or is that Consilii? Consilia? Like, multiple. They're not, like, super-conducive to chit-chat. Anway. Here's the scoop. It's you, me, and Zilker, and Zilker is usually doing his own thing. Well. Okay, I'm usually doing my own thing, too. The two big boogiemen are Banishers all up in Sac U, and this drug called GLO that they're pushing. I think, and this is just me, no one's confirmed it, this is my theory, that they're trying to Awaken people with it. They're, like, super interested in Sleepwalkers."

Whoah, where'd the drink go?

"Anyway. So, what's your story?"

Because Quiz Pro Quo.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

As Star empties his glass July pours him some more. "I appreciate the offer. I'm kind of in the process of setting up a temporary cabal with some cabal-less I met at this meeting Einstein had, but until it's permanent, or as permanent as these things tend to be, I wouldn't mind checking the place out, when's a good time to come over? I also heard about GLO and the Banishers at that meeting." He looks down at his glass as he talks and then downs the glass all at once.

"I understand about the Consiliums though, sometimes I can get overzealous and forget I don't live in a Veil heavy town anymore. I came from Chicago and I did a lot of work hunting down magic abusers. That's what I'm good at, hunting down and taking out threats."
    July poured himself another glass, adjusts his hat, and then takes a small sip.He was certainly disappointed to find out their were only three Guardians in the city, and one of them seemed even harder to deal with than Star had been so far, but to be honest July wouldn't have been sent here if things were running on full capacity.

"I got a file saying to come here with your name on it and that's about it. You know the order, secrets are our specialty, and we're not always great with inter-office communication, at least from my experience."

He put his glass down and stretched his back out, trying to get more comfortable in his chair. "Listen, I don't know how things are done here, and I'm probably going to be doing some investigation with this group if that pans out, but if you want my help on your side of things let me know."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

If Veil heavy was A Thing, Sacramento was totally Veil Lite.

Nods were given as the Fifth spoke, and eyes landed the glass. Feel that sting? Tingly tongue, and a mouth full of thick air on fire. Good stuff, yo.

"Yeah, man, I'll defs give you a shout if I need backup. Same goes. I'm, not, uh. You know. Not some Hunter Killer, but I'm a solid Viremancer. Nothing, like,"
    hands and fingers waved. Maybe even jazz hands. "You know. Mastery. But solid."

Okay, well, that bottle is just sitting there doing nothing, right? Two more fingers. Working on a hand.

"How, like, how do you do your thing? Hunting and taking out threats? Is that what you said?"

Maybe it was something super cool. With the hat. Totally with the hat.

Because Kung Lao.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

July noticed the fingers and poured more whiskey. He had built up a decent alcohol tolerance over the years but nothing out of the ordinary. He decided to just swirl around his drink for now to give himself time to level out. Being drunk is when you say too much, and Star may be Veil, but that didn't mean he trusted him yet.

"I appreciate that. When my group starts looking into it I may call you sometime to run information past you, see if we're on the same page. Work together, even if not directly, to take down these bastards."

He paused for a moment and took a slow sip, thinking about how he'd characterize his skill-set. "Well in unawakened life I was in law enforcement. I got a lot of training with sleeper tracking and investigation. After awakening I combined that with fate to make sure I find the right people at the right time. I also know Space so I combine those two to see where I need to be to find who I need to. Together I should be able to find anyone. Once I find them," he said, sliding his jacket to the side to reveal one of his handguns, "that's where this comes in. I find that the threat of a bullet to the brain gets many people talking." At that July gave the closest thing he normally gave to a smile. Something about making a suspect talk always brought out his inner joy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread