Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Gym Wolves

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

A few sweaty bodies breathed deep as exercises of various kinds filled the space, some specimens in phenomenal shape, and others less so. But all were welcome at this place, a privately owned fitness space that wouldn't turn down anyone interested in the polite use of the facility.

One of the phenomenal shapes was just finishing up some upper body work, a werewolf-become-personal trainer. Elaine was back in her element - a small gym in Sacramento, open often and fully equipped with the weights and punching bags that kept the fighter amused when she wasn't working (In this same gym, and helping others attempt to utilize same said weights and punching bags).

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana was spending an awful lot of time in gyms lately. Between having literally nothing better to do all day, and Jacqueline constantly dodging their combat training sessions (seriously, what was up with that? Ary was pretty sure she made it fun), Ary usually ended up sitting at home watching TV. Or, when she felt guilty about banking on her metabolism to keep weight down, she went to the gym.

Ary wasn't particularly fit-looking. Ultimately, in her tank top and loose pants, she looked downright average. Years of relying on your wolf forms did that to you, really. That was something she was fixing to change, and soon. What muscle she had was lean and whip-tight, ready to move on a moment's notice, and it looked tough, but there just wasn't much mass.

Stepping into the gym, intermingled with the scent of sweat and energy drinks, was the somehow even more potent smell of the Wolf. Ary gritted her teeth and pushed through it, taking a moment to stop by where the other Uratha was, if only to get a peek at them. This one, she recognized. She'd been at the gathering, in Tur. Ary gave her an upnod. "Hey."

Stepping clear of the weight bench at which she'd been working out, Elaine gives the newcomer a quick up-and-down. Yup, she's familiar.

"Hey, yourself. What brings you here, if you don't mind my asking?" she inquires, noting the other woman's lack of muscle.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana shrugs at the muscular woman. "The same that brings anyone here, I guess. Working out." That was why gyms existed. It was why anyone went there. Except Jacqueline, apparently. Not an inch of muscle on that woman, despite large amounts of time spent at the gym. What did she do all day? "I guess that's probably why you're here too?" A logical assumption. The way she looked, there was no way she was hanging around like Jacqui. And the weight bench helped prove that.

"Yeah, you could say that," Elaine replies, looking around at her surroundings, "And I work here, as a personal trainer."

She doesn't have much to say on the subject, so she just waits and lets the full impact of "I'm professionally fit" sink in.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana wasn't quite as surprised as the woman might have thought. She was mostly surprised by the sheer number of people that made. Not one, not two, but three Wolves of her acquaintance were apparently professional trainers. Why was that, she wondered. Was there some ancient instinct to professionally train the Herd to beat each other up or run faster or be better? "Huh. That's a popular job among us."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

It's weird how with all the crap they all have been going through, Daniel still felt the need to blow off some steam. Of course, now that he had a huge target painted on the back of his head he had to keep to places deep within Forsaken territory or travel with the entire Pack but what they did to Grandfather was still worth every ounce of effort.

He walks into the main area after changing into his training clothes: loose pants and a black shirt hugging his muscular form. Eyes scan the room, assessing the equipment while Daniel's nose picks up the familiar smell of Werewolves. One face is particularly familiar.

Personally, Daniel has mostly got over his grudge toward Elaine after Firebringer was gone. Sure, she and her sister left but it was not like they bailed from battle or during anything critical. Hard to stay mad when you couldn't think of any damage dealt:

"Hi, Elaine", - he looks at her muscles appreciatively after approaching them, - "Wow, you look like you really belong here. Who's your friend? I'm Dan".

Of course, she might have been at Tur the last time but it's not like he was in a condition to remember new faces after battling the Pure.

Daniel Turner, Str4, Pre3 (confident), SL2 (hardened)

"Makes sense. No use not being in shape with our list of hobbies and interests," Elaine replies, wondering whether she should try to talk the other wolf into a gym membership or leave her to her own devices.

Her contemplation is cut short when her former pack mate strolls in, looking much more gym-appropriate than the first wolfish arrival after herself. She turns to face him, ignoring the instinct to tense up just in case he was over his irritation - which appeared to be the case. "Well I do work here, Daniel. How have you been? I hear you accomplished something since I left town for a bit, huh? Earn any new fancy titles?"

"I didn't catch your name myself, actually,"
    she remarks to Aryana.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana shrugs at Elaine. "Plenty of other jobs where you have to be fit. Bouncer, police officer, security guard, soldier..." She shrugs again. It wasn't like there weren't plenty of options. It was still kinda weird to the tall Rahu.

Ary's attention is stolen away by the new arrival, his smell familiar from the last meeting as well. Less blood this time, though. She nods at him, realizing she hadn't introduced herself, as Elaine had just told her. "Aryana." She didn't give a last name. They weren't that important, anymore. Pack was, and she couldn't say it out loud.

"Fair enough, but I never fancied myself a cop, and soldiers get shit hours. So what brings you here, Aryana?" Elaine replies, looking over at Dan's silence and wondering what had him hesitant.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last