DISPLAYED
(Shell Game) Signs of the Times

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Before the subject of darts can be pursued, it seems that the strange man, Joseph, is ready to leave, and with a promised passenger. There would be no way to follow the man if he is driving, not without a vehicle of their own.

Tally seems to sense the same unease about Joseph, trying to discourage him by accusing Frank of the intention of violence.

"Be you sure, Frank? Why not join us for a game of darts and we shall walk you home?" suggests Gregory using a different approach. Though the man may not choose the company of perfect strangers to that of a known patron.

Persuasion | 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-08 08:12:26 Gregory rolls 3 to persuade Frank to stay a bit longer [MAN+Per] (10 Again) 9, 1, 10, 3 2 successes

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Joseph looks again at Tally, his face expressionless. An uncomfortably long moment of silence precedes his response. "Frank is a coworker and a corporate employee. I have only his best interests in mind. I sincerely doubt he wants to risk his job over something as silly as being offered a safe ride home." As if to emphasize this fact, he places his hand on Frank's shoulder again.

3 suxx, Frank unconvinced
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-13 18:09:17 Frank rolls 5 to Resolve+Composure+Equipment (Frank is an asshole) (10 Again) 2, 7, 10, 4, 7, 10, 9 3 successes

Frank swallows hard. The boisterously 'unfriendly' man at the bar just looks tired now. "Joe's right. It's... not worth my job." The surly man produces a few crumpled bills from his pocket and lets them fall unceremoniously onto the bar in a puddle of condensation from his mug. Joseph smiles his mild, unemotional smile and gestures for the door, his hand falling away from the man's shoulder.

Dave sets down a mug he had been polishing and collects the bills. "Thanks, Frank. Get some sleep.
    . Apparently unconcerned and unaware of the Changelings' sudden alarm, he eyes the dart board again. "If you folks are gonna use the darts, just make sure none of 'em go missing, alright?"

48+ hours since last post, just moving things along. At this point, Frank will be leaving with Joseph unless another option is explored.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory can only shrug at this. It is not his business and Gregory too is coming to understand the value of employment. Though it irks him to think that Joseph would hold that employment over the man's head, as if he were enslaved to it.

Gregory walks over to the darts instead and gestures at the others to come over, whispering to them when they do. "This Joseph character be a strange one, and suspicious too. Did any of you drive here that we might follow them?" he says in his rasp, voicing his concerns.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally can't help but frown as she just knows letting Frank go with Joseph was a bad idea. She feels the urge to growl to voice her displeasure at the fact that Frank just gives in. She might not know what Joseph is but the actions described made her think of Fetches taking the place of those who go on 'vacation'.

When Gregory gets up, walking over to where those playing darts, she joins them when he gestures for them to approach. She really wants to follow after, to get Frank away from Joseph regardless if the man wanted her too.

"He's not human! Something is protecting him, keeping us from knowing what he really is." She tells the others. "We can do something for Frank now that nobody did for us then."

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa previously didn't say much to him leaving. She objected to it, sure, but she didn't have any good reasons why the two shouldn't leave. Just because it irked her didn't mean she should barge into it. But then Joseph threatened Frank's job. Ooh, that was a despicable thing to do. If there was one thing she just couldn't stand, it was higher-ups lording their superiority over everybody else and using it as a point of leverage. And people wondered why she had authority issues.

"Hang on a second, Joe," she spat out his name like it was an insult. "Where do you get off holding Frank's job over his head like that? I don't care if you're his superior at work, he's not on the job here. He shouldn't have to do as you say just because you're over him on the worksite. Both of you are on your own time right now and think Frank can do whatever the fuck he wants, with or without your permission. Not worth his job? Damn right it isn't worth his job, his job shouldn't even be on the table here!"

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He didn't like Frank. That much was true. But he was beginning to like Joseph even less. He stood silent, just sipping his Bud Light, while the others tried to figure things out. But then something... Maybe it was Joseph conceited yet strangely unemotional tone, maybe it was his smirk, maybe it was seeing tough guy Frank bent over. But he couldn't keep quiet any longer.

He rose with the others and just nodded along at Gregory's and Tally's words. No, he didn't have a drive, but it didn't matter. A little part of his brain told him to take it easy and figure out a plan. He shut it off.

"Hey, Frank!" he yelled, walking closer to the pair. "I figured you were stupid, but I didn't take you for a pushover," he glared at Joseph. "I've seen little girls show more backbone than you. He may be your boss, but that doesn't mean you have to be his bitch. What the fuck are you? You ain't a pussy, right?" he grinned viciously. "If I were you, I would tell him to fuck off and mind his own business. But then I have a shred of dignity left. If you want be fucked over, be my guest."

Contempt was almost dripping from his voice. Well, I think that was a pretty good impersonation of my boot camp instructor.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-16 10:15:13 Nathan rolls 5 to MAN + Persuasion + Motivational Speeches (10 Again) 4, 8, 9, 10, 2, 4 3 successes

8. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Joseph pauses, falling silent again for an uncomfortably long second-and-a-half. He looks at Tessa with a look akin to pity. "You misunderstand me. I only meant that he wouldn't risk his job 'taking a swing' at me, as your friend said." He glances in Tally's direction as he says this, then turns his attention to Tessa once more. "We're all adults here, and I like to think we can all be civilized." He looks ready to continue speaking, but Nathan's outburst cuts him short. All eyes fall on the Autumn Hunterheart as he delivers his tirade.

3 suxx, tie goes to defender
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-17 07:43:32 Frank rolls 5 to Resolve+Composure+Equipment (Frank is still an asshole) (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 10, 8, 6 3 successes

Frank stares long and hard at Nathan, his expression shifting from defeated, to confused, to finally contemptuous. "What do you know? Probably haven't had a real job in your whole life. Don't come in here and lecture me about having no backbone! Yeah, my job sucks... but it's all I have." he practically spits back.

At this point, Dave looks more than a little concerned. He clears his throat loudly. "It's great that you all have taken an interest in Frank's well-being, but this is a place of business. I'm gonna have to ask you, politely, not to give me a reason to call the cops." His voice is stern and even, but he finishes with a polite smile. After all: this is a place of business. It wouldn't do to scare away his customers on such a busy night.

10. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fuck. For a moment there he thought he had gotten to the guy. He's stubborn, I'll grant him that. The Hunterheart scoffs and looks incredulously at Frank.

"You know, I did have a job once. Boss would take every chance he got to screw us over. I think he got a kick out of it," he shook his head in disgust. "That's why I left. Got nothing now, but I'll rather be a hobo with freedom, and self-respect, and maybe even hope rather than, rather than..." he lets out a humorless chuckle. "Somebody's go-to punching back. If this is all you have, it isn't worth shit. Think about that."

He raises his hands, giving up.

"That's it, I can't stay here and watch you make a terrible mistake. I'm out," he takes out his wallet angrily. He shakes it until all the money inside falls on Dave's counter, twenty-three dollars and a few coins. "Sorry for the trouble. Keep the change. Won't be needing it."

He strides towards the door without glancing at Frank or Joseph. If nobody stops him, he steps outside and looks for a car that might be Joseph's.

Requesting permission to spend 1 Glamour to invoke Taste of Ill Luck! For those not familiar, it forces the opponent a.k.a. Frank, to reroll at a -1 die penalty. Technically, this would 'erase' the original roll and its effects, but that would make quite a mess, so I'm on board with just doing it ex post facto. Also, I apologize for answering so quickly, but I want to cover my bases in case I have trouble keeping up next week.

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

I'm inclined to say proceed on that one. It is difficult imporssible to see that a successful roll has been made before the opponent's roll has even been posted. I will talk it over with the Changeling STs for future uses. Spend your glamour point, and Frank's reroll will be included in a proceeding post.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yeah, this is one of those kiths that sounds cool in theory but it's a headache when it comes to implementation. Glamour spent

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread