DISPLAYED
Report from the Informant

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Sacramento County Fair - Cal Expo - 9PM

Through their secret caches the Madam Deputy and the Carthian Criminal agree to meet. The location is a county fair, celebrating springtime with carnival rides, crowds, and the smell of fried food coated with sugar. Surrounding the location is a grassy field with bordering treeline and the Sacramento River cutting through it, reflecting the lights of the city in its waters. Konrad comes Blushed and wearing plain jeans and a layered long-sleeved shirt. He's unarmed, not because he doesn't think Rina is dangerous, but because it wouldn't do him much good since he isn't all that great with a weapon. But him and Rina were getting along pretty well since they made their agreement back in the Fall. He had even been worried over the announcement of her Monomacy challenge and had promised to help her to get through it.

He does, however, carry a small case in his pocket, that most would identify as an insulin case.

Rather than play the game of trying to find each other, Konrad specified that they meet outside of the ferris wheel, not that they were necessarily going to ride it. But it is the easiest place to find. For the moment he simply hangs off to the side of the line, pretending to play games on his phone while his eyes glance around for the lithe Mekhet.

2. Likes Cabochard, Travisc06489, West liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"My eyes hurt."

That was about the only greeting Konrad got from Rina as she approached from behind him. The little woman was, as usual, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, with a hoodie over top to hide her face if she needed to. Her boots were missing the usual knife though - Rina couldn't get it reliably through the metal detectors and didn't feel like going through the hassle. Her skin was flush with stolen life, but otherwise didn't demonstrate any real emotions, except for a large amount of blinking. Her eyes really did hurt. Light was not a friend to the Kindred, even less so with the Shadows.

-1 Vitae for the Blush of Life.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Well you're a sight for mine," replies Konrad cheerfully after turning to see Rina approach. Konrad's Beast stands alert but does not urge him to attack, feeling the press of eyes around him. She is familiar and a known ally, at least for now. They both play a dangerous game, and even meeting in secret has its risks.

"You can borrow my sunglasses if you want, though you'll look weird with 'em on," he continues, looking straight ahead now as he remains in place.

"The ferris wheel might be a bit conspicuous, or we could hit the funhouse, or they've got a haunted house ride," he suggests. It's just light banter, though an outside observer might not even be able to tell they were talking to each other. But any of the rides might afford them a brief moment alone to talk business.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina squints confusedly at his comment about being a sight. What was that supposed to mean? Was he making a pass? Why would he do that? She elects to slide clear past that and to the sunglasses, a hand reaching out. "Yes."

"The 'Funhouse'."
    She even made air quotes around it. What was fun about weird mirrors and spinning things and flashing lights, anyway? It just seemed disorienting and confusing to the Asp. "The others have external time limits. We will not be able to talk as much in them." Spy considerations. Eliminate outside influences on your environment, when possible.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad hands her his sunglasses, passing them off to the side casually. She may even get a glimpse of the insulin case that's stuffed in his pocket. Or maybe he's just happy to see her.

"Don't worry about the time limits. We can just go around again. The later it gets the smaller the lines get. Least I think so," says Konrad, finally putting his phone away and abandoning his position. He walks idly towards where he saw the funhouse to be.

It's a short distance but that doesn't keep Konrad from making conversation. "Heard you won your last fight. Sorry I wasn't there to see it. You know I wouldn't have missed it for no good reason. I heard it made quiet the statement." What were they talking about? MMA maybe? Who knows, they're just a couple of normal looking people enjoying a carnival, mind your own business.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina puts on the sunglasses happily, though it doesn't show from the outside, and enjoys the fact that the light hurts slightly less for a moment. It's still not perfect, the only way that could happen would be if the lights all simultaneously turned off, but it's better.

She follows him along, listening to what he says and putting it through the mental translator. "He fought as well as could be expected, but I was in no real danger. He barely hurt me at all." The injuries had been severe, yes, but there had been few of them. "I healed quickly."
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Good," he says, and then adds, "I'm glad you're alright." There's only a few carnival game booths to go around before the large funhouse comes into full view. With three floors it seems on the large side, though give carnies a couple hours and they'd be able to disassemble it into something that'd fit in a cargo truck.

"Still, I feel bad about it, like I didn't come through on my end of the deal. But, even so, figure you should get your money's worth." Konrad slips out the insulin case and waggles it in his hand lightly. "The medicine you requested. A little late. I'll do better next time." He hands this to her too, if she wants it. Though since they never used the trick it might come in handy the next time around. Konrad glances around again, making sure there's no one familiar around, or even unfamiliar Beasts that might be watching them.

Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-20 18:52:59 Konrad Roth rolls 7 to perceive his carnival surroundings [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 3, 8, 10, 10, 5, 10, 2, 9, 8, 1 6 successes

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina takes the package, looking at it, slightly taking aback. "Oh. Thank you." She blinks a little. What was she going to do with it, really? It would probably sit in her medicine cabinet until it expired. Did anticoagulants expire?

She looks up at the funhouse. The sunglasses help to keep the light from hurting her eyes, thankfully, but all the bright happy colors and moving objects still offend her senses a little. Why was it so big? How did they manage to move it around at all? "Is that all you wished to talk about?"
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad laughs a little at her question. "Of course not. But we're not there yet." At least Konrad felt more confident they weren't being watched now. He waves his hand to signal that she follow him as he enters the funhouse front. The first room is the typical funhouse mirror hall where several mirrors line the hall of various ripples and distortions. As they walk along it they can see their heads balloon or their bodies stretch into tall spindly shapes. In the case of Kindred however, the distortions take on an unnatural blurring, their features clouded beyond recognition.

"Whoops, let's skip this room," says Konrad hurriedly. While their appearances could easily be blamed on the distortions an observant Kine might question the different results from their own. Konrad heads deeper into the fun house still, staying within sight but urging her on with backward glances.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina almost jumped and hissed at the mirrors. Oh look, big Breaches just waiting to happen. At least she wasn't one of the Hollows, who wouldn't appear at all. That would have been just terrible, really. She followed Konrad swiftly and silently across the room, glaring at her fuzzy, twisted reflections. Stupid Kine, playing with mirrors. Why? What was so entertaining about these things?
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread