Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Celebration in Smoke (Open)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

The Lily.

Marco had heard through the grapevine that it was an upscale cigar bar where privacy was part of the attraction. He hadn't heard who owned the bar but knew it was someone with impeccable taste. He approached the door and was easily let in, most likely due in part to his handsome appearance and thin black suit. Atop his head sat one of his usual black fedoras.

He took in the scene, enjoying the elegance of it all while keeping a safe distance from any and all cigars. After speaking with the attendant he was lead to a private booth where he could sit back and relax. Before coming he had made sure he appeared human but he didn't know if he was ready to force himself to drink. Regardless he ordered a nice wine and leaned back in the booth, enjoying the sights of the bar. He considered himself a "people watcher" and gained pleasure out of seeing the different groups sitting around, drinking and smoking. It always felt like he was searching for a mark but tonight was celebration for his ascendance to Myrmidon. He would savor his fast success for now, because soon he'd be busy with recruitment and making contacts.
    Attached Images

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma hadn’t checked on the Lily for a while. The bustling night to night life of the Daeva had taken its toll on some of her plans for her most recent acquisition. The new mezzanine floor, the underground communal haven for newly arrived Invictus, all ideas she had in the past that she hadn’t yet seen to fruition.

Nevertheless the Ravager arrived and heads turned, incapable of remaining indifferent to her incendiary beauty. She sat by the counter and exchanged a few words with the barman, she wanted to try some new e-cigarette flavors that had just arrived. The Succubus seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact that a member of her family was inside one of the booths observing the room from the other side of the one way glass.

After deciding on what to try first Velma observed the room in a way that only the de facto owner of a place can do and then expelled the first gout of smoke from her lips. She had already kick started some of her organs with an infusion of blood and will in order to make her Masquerade more credible.

-1 blood: Blush of life active for the scene.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

M
    Matrixchild

Marco was enjoying the ambiance of the bar when he noticed Velma, though to be honest how could one not notice her beauty the minute she walked in the door. Marco's beast certainly took notice and urged him to fight in rage but he suppressed it and instead decided to approach her. He grabbed his wine glass and walked toward her with a smile on his face. Her verbal lashing at the Carthian meeting was still fresh on his mind but he brushed his personal annoyance aside. She may have been blunt but at least she revealed some of her personal interest and he could at least respect her for that. Miss Star, what a pleasure to see you again, he said with a friendly grin and a slight head nod.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma was still leaning over the balcony to talk to the bartender, apparently the Succubus was chuckling lightly at some joke, when Marco approached the bartender left and the Succubus turned her attention to where the voice had come from. The presence of Marco’s beast was immediately felt, Velma’s own beast urged her to a fit of violence, her vision would blur red for a moment, just a moment. But no, not here, not today.

“Mister Fernandez, good evening and thank you! It's a pleasure to see you as well!” She returned, a smile politely crossing her lips for a brief moment.

”Already enjoying the best Sacramento has to offer? I must confess I didn’t see you as a man of such rarefied taste, it’s a pleasant surprise I confess.”

Interesting
    Velma Star*

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled pleasantly and leaned against the bar, setting his wine glass down. "You know what they say, we all have our little secrets, and I'm glad to hear you're pleasantly surprised to find out one of mine. I am a fan of the finer things in life, I mean I always say 'a fine suit is a man's best friend'," he said, gesturing down at his impeccable black suit.

He forces the vampiric nectar into his organs in order to further his facade of mortality. He reaches down, swirls the wine around in his glass, and then sips at it delicately. "The real reason I'm out though is because I received a promotion of sorts, soon after I last saw you, and I felt I deserved to treat myself to something extra special." He took another sip and then looked at her seductively.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Succubus turns her body around, instead of facing the bartender and the shelves she was now facing the rest of her bar, she reclines her back against the counter with both her elbows supporting her, no small feat atop her heels. The songstress seems to be interested in what Marco has to say and seems to be listening intently even if her gaze seems lost in the smoke spiraling upwards to the ceiling.

”Oh! I always thought most man chose strange things for best friends… but a suit!?” There is a light chuckle at her own harmless pantomime. Her attention now is fully on Marco and she moves her delicate hand to touch his forearm.

His next words though didn’t seem to cause an impact. At least not visibly.

”A promotion! Those are certainly reasons to celebrate…” Velma turns around and signals the barman and raises her e-cigarette. The next moment there is a similar one next to her and she presents it to Marco.

”Take it!”

“I trust you know I have all the best intentions at heart when I speak the way I spoke last time…”
    Not that Velma felt she needed to justify her actions to Marco but he was family, that was still worth something in her book…

”It is coconut flavor.” She said urging her cousin to try as she pulled her own and expelled another gout of smoke.
    Velma Star*

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled as he listened intently to Velma's response, especially noticing her hand touching his arm. "Well I find a good suit makes the man so it seems like a pretty good "best friend", he said, accenting the words 'best friend' and chuckling a little as he said it.

He was glad to hear the positive tone at the news of his promotion and took the e-cigarette when it was offered. He wasn't usually interested in the act of smoking. It did nothing for him but he could appreciate the mood that a little bit of smoke added to a conversation so he took a puff, remembering how a mortal does it. He drags the smoke into his temporarily functioning lungs and then expels it gracefully. "Mmm, that's quite delicious," he said with a smile.

After indulging he then turned his attention to her statement made at the Sterling. "I understand. Being a member of my particular group has to come with some thick skin," he says, laughing a little and then taking another puff of his e-cigarette. "I believe that just because we think different things doesn't mean we can't learn from each other. I found your words very informative, even if I don't necessarily follow their direction. It really made me see that you're a fair woman who speaks her mind, a quality I admire greatly. I hope that we have more opportunities to teach each other things," he said politely, taking a sip of his wine. He believed that collaboration can grow between differing opinions and he always appreciated when someone was forthcoming with their criticism.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Yes, of course!” The fool – The Ravager speaking her mind? Has she ever?

Velma glances to where Marco had come from, his booth.

”You grabbed a booth for yourself? Maybe we can continue our conversation there?” Without waiting for Marco’s approval the Succubus moves towards the booth, her long legs taking each footstep with confident elegance. As she arrives in she makes herself comfortable sitting and pulling again from her smoke.

”I always find it more pleasant when we are talking behind curtains, so to speak… masquerade safe!” She adds as soon as they are both inside on the other side of the one way looking glass.

”So? How are you finding Sacramento so far?”
    Velma Star*

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled pleasantly at Velma's suggestion. "Absolutely," he said, grabbing his wine and walking toward the booth with his is e-cigarette in his hand. He slide into the booth opposite of Velma and sat back in a relaxed position. "I agree, sometimes the double speak and innuendo of our secret lives can be so exhausting."

He took another sip of his wine and puff of his coconut smoke before answering her question.

"I'm finding the city quite interesting so far. I don't believe there's been one dull moment since my arrival." He casually glances around at how secret their booth actually is before speaking. "So far it's been court, family, and the Sterling, but I plan to branch out into more aspects of this new world I've entered," he said with a smile. What he didn't say was that he was just starting to build his web and that he hoped he'd know soon more than just the 'honest' statements of an Invictus.

"Are you enjoying your place in Sacramento so far?" he said, not fully revealing his intent to drag out any dirt he could, even if it was merely half-truth or total lies. Even a lie reveals something of the teller.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Enjoying?” It was a curious choice of words. By now Marco should have understood.

Velma shook her head as if dismissing the notion.

”For me Sacramento is home, I left Chicago for Sacramento and have only been back there on occasion.” There was that of course, her sire, her career, her past sins... her bloodline.
    Velma Star*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.