31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Coffee & Magic

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Oh." Awkward. Quick, change the subject. Say something. Anything. Try something smart. "I teach high school, what do you do for a living?" Well, not smart, but better than hours of awkward silence after news about someone being dead. Why was death so troubling, anyway? It was just part of the Lie. Was a good question though.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper blinked at Einstein, startled by the sudden change of topic. "I... I'm an editor for Riptide publishing. Mostly, working o their Triton imprint launch right now."

Unlike that time with Aurum, Pepper didn't go into details of what kinds of books they published. Let Einstein Google it, if she wanted.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"That sounds nice. Do you get a lot of time off for Mage-y things?" Einstein pushed the conversation in the new direction. Maybe at some point they'd come back to what had been going on earlier, but she was perfectly happy with this setup, for now.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

The Acanthus editor shrugged. "Enough, at least. I can always split my mind if I need to find more. Plus, you know my path. I could push that more and find even more time."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"Oh, right." Right, time was flexible for her people. Einstein was reminded just how ill-made her favored Arcana were for...well, anything normal. "Which one is your favored Arcana? How close are you to actually getting more time out of it?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Fate, actually. Time is useful for Investigations, but I haven't had much need for it previously. I have the most interest in Mind, but I'm not even a disciple in that yet. What about you?" pepper took a bite of her sandwich and gave an expectant look to the teacher.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

A hand reached up to scratch the back of her neck, and Einstein remembered to take a bite of her sandwich. She took the time it took to chew, and thought of how to explain it. "I've been heavily favoring Prime, for a while. It's...very interesting. Just, not so useful for the public things." Prime was kind of a bummer. Until someone shot you with magic, you couldn't do a whole lot.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Right, it helps with the hollows though, yeah?" Pepper looked actively curious, then added, "And cloaking casts, too."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"Yeah, yeah." Einstein nods her head excitedly, starting to get animated by her favorite subject. "It's got a lot of neat tricks. I can determine what people are, really easily. I can dispel magic if I know the basic ideas of how its Arcana works. I can hide my spells from notice, which, yeah, is Cloaking. There's also a few other tricks, like protecting myself from magic. I'm studying to become an Adept, and once I do I'll be able to dispel anything, and even convert objects into Mana for myself." She taps the table as she says 'objects'. "I can even turn Mana straight into a physical object, although I don't really have the hang of making it look right, yet."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, clearly taking mental notes. "Definitely useful, then. And clearly something you love. What's you're second favorite Arcana?"

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread