Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1504) Avis, July, & Star

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's a different between a Gangster Lean and an Over Here lean.

Sometimes, you mess up and end up with Gangster Here or Over Lean, but, whatever. A few footsteps is like a Cone of Silence, right? Sure it is. Dubious eyes glanced at the Red Concoction, then focused back on Quintilus.

"Well. Hmmmm. I don't know who's looking-looking? But I know, that, let's see..."
    Hands splayed out, one hand ticking off fingers on the other. "Level, Shore, Pelican, and Miach? They're not in cabals. So they're probably looking. Temoins du Sud is down to like, three people, so maybe they're looking."

Had Omissions been made? Sure. Information is like Spice. It must flow, but he who controls it... Welp. There it was. Just like Stay-Puft, the inevitable mental image of Sting in a leather banana hammock.

"And, yeah. Defs. Sacro is legit dangerous, you know? Best to crew up. Did you have a crew back in... ?"

Hear that Blank Space? That's where you write your name. And life story.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes roadnottaken, Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

July reached up and rubbed his face. ​I guess i'll be keeping my eyes and ears out for a chance to talk to these cabal-less mages, he thought to himself. At Avis's comment July looked in Ermac's direction and said, "Thank you, I may talk to him later. I'll also try and get a chance to talk to those other solo mages."

When Star asked about his past he thought about how much to reveal in public. To be honest, where he came from and his order were mostly public knowledge. "Well I came from Chicago and there people stick pretty close to their orders. There's a lot less 'inter-agency' work. I was hoping to get right to work when I got here. I always forget how much politics and "making friends" play into consilium dynamics," he said, clearly frustrated with the process but understanding in some cities it's a necessary evil. He knew a lot about that concept.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Who?

Eyes slid to the side, followed by a neck.

Nope, no-one behind him. Besides, By Name.

Oh, man. Was this about...?

"Uh. Yes. Ma'am. That is, we shall. Curator. Ma'am. Ummm. Like, now?"

- Roald Dahl

5. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Yes,” Tyria replies almost... airily. “Now. I have half a mind for a conversation partner.” The woman blinks ever so slowly, a stillness to her that just isn't had with anyone else.

Eyes swivel towards the others in Star's group, “My apologies for taking Star away from you, I'm sure.” Tyria isn't actually, really sorry. Not at all.

Lips part and Tyria's brown eyes find Star once more, “Shall we?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This was worse than Principal Ari.

Forget that pretty girls are mean. Everyone knows that. It's never good when an Order head knows your name. Or wants to talk to you. Multiply that if they're not your Order head. Well, okay, there are exceptions. Okay, just one exception, but that was different. A hand drifted up, but it's message was stillborn, instead continuing upward to scratch at the mop. Don't get cute with the hands. Because Wings.

The only time assumptions don't do the You And Me thing? When you assume someone knows everything. It's all good. Remember Del Taco? Then there's always the Bucket List. Having a Mysterium Curator chase you down? Check. Bluish eyes dodged away from brown ones, skittering across July and Avis like a rock skipping across a pond. Shoulders shrugged, hands splayed. What do you do?

A shoe squeaked on the floor with a half step, drifting away.

Continued here...
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I'm due," the Warlock councilor said flatly, moving past July and over to the Councilors' table to take here seat.

Avis returns to the main thread.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

July just looked at both of them in dumbfounded. I swear, every time I start to talk someone it's either interrupted or they leave.

Realizing it was time for them to start the meeting he headed to a chair.

July returns here

Closed Thread