Ended
Watch

Smoldering Succubi

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

There were some places getting a reservation in town was actually quite difficult. Even more difficult when your connections were limited. But in the realm of Kine, money talked and it spoke well. Still unsure of what to call Twist, she had contacted her with a date, so the unaligned Daeva made the arrangements at the Firehouse Restaurant. Not far from the Prince's rack, but well outside of it.

It was beautiful, charming and rich with historical ambiance of the older part of Sacramento. Her reservation was made for their beautiful patio, in a far corner table for as much privacy as possible. Considering it was California, she doubted anyone would bat an eyelash at two women having dinner together. Although, she imagined there would be looks or gawking. Those of either gender having fantasies of the two gorgeous women. Sometimes those moments were cherished by Succubi, and others dismissed it all together. She wondered which Twist was. The diminutive woman was beautiful, she had to have known it to some capacity and use it to her advantage. Otherwise, she’d have a terrible time believing they were blood.

The reservation was under her name as Twist would soon find out. The woman was fascinating given titles were thrown around from the Invictus verbiage. The Archon part was most striking, a word that was quite familiar no matter what Domain.

Vivian sat, legs crossed and very proper, which wasn’t unusual for her. A gold dress with a fun flare flowed easily over her skin just like the Dolce vita perfume she wore. It blended in well with those who gave two bits about how they dined, and easily overlooked by those in jeans and t-shirts. It utterly appalled her that hardly anyone dressed up to go out, unless it was clubbing, that was a different type of fashion. Her gloves matched particularly well with the dress, blending in nearly perfectly.

She hoped the only thing she’d regret this evening was the using Vitae to blend with Kine.

-2 Blushed of course, and ready to eat/drink

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finally the official start of spring had arrived. Though the air still grew chilly in the evening (not that she cared, but appearances must be kept up for the Kine) at least colors were back. Or rather- bright colors were back. And today's fashion had not just colors but colors.

Some were even too much for her. But not tonight's outfit. The kaftan top was paired with a pair of black leggings that hugged her legs well enough to make the kaftan almost look like a dress over black tights. Black heels added some small height to her stature and her hair was coiled up in a crown braid around her head to blend with the kaftan. Lemon topaz earring glittered in her lobes.

After being led to where Vivian sat already waiting Twist smiled briefly at the maître d' before turning her smile to the lovely redhead waiting for her.

"Miss York- how lovely to see you again so soon," she chimed her voice full of pleased excitement for the evening and leaning in, gave the other woman a quick cheek to cheek air kiss. Pulling back she maintained her smile as she took her seat across the table.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

V
    Vivian York

It was hard to miss the seductiveness that suddenly entered the room. Her gorgeous figure looked impeccable with the kaftan draped and clinging to her physique. Rising slightly, when Twist arrived at the table, she was nearly surprised at the gesture. So refreshing. Vivian reciprocated the mid air peck on the check. Reminiscent of several parties she’d had when she was human.

Swiftly returning to her seat, she grinned brightly. “Thank you for joining me….” Clearly pausing at her beautiful cousins name. She couldn’t rightly call her Twist in public. That would be absurd. “I’m glad you could make it, it’s wonderful to see you again too.” Vivian relieved she was so receptive, or seemed to be. Far different from another Daeva.

“Your kaftan is beautiful, but I am most fond of your stunning earrings.” The English Succubus was a sucker for sparkly bobbles.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist laughed lightly, "Miss. Torsione does seem a bit formal in this situation doesn't it? I think for the evening it will be quite alright to simply go with Myah." No doubt years ago, when names weren't said without a title, the Invictus practice of titles didn't seem so cumbersome. But today, with the informality of Kine society, it seemed almost to ask for questioning glances if adhered to during times like these. Or perhapes she was simply making excuses for her lack of desire to truly study and learn the heirarchy of honorifics. Well, even if that was so, she wasn't planning on changing any time soon. There were more pressing matters to attend.

Twist accepted the compliment gracefully, "Thank you. I have been itching to wearing something bright and I am glad I finally got such an opportunity as tonight. You though... you are quite stunning yourself."

Glancing around, Twist took in the scenery, "And this is a rather charming spot you have found- I must admit that I don't believe I have been here before. I will certainly have to remember it for future events."

V
    Vivian York

Even her name was as lovely as her presence. Nodding with a slight smirk, brows raised to agree. “Your name is beautiful, Myah. And please, call me Vivian any time you wish.” Her eyes gesturing not only to the restaurant, but to public affairs in general. Her curiosity was killing her though. “If you don’t mind, why the other name?” Her careful attempt not to call her Twist publically. Her thoughts tried to reason out why that nickname was chosen, her Family Blood may indicate one thing while Archon indicated something far more mysterious.

Grinning, “Thank you as well. I never quite know what to wear around here any longer. When a venue says ‘reservations preferred’ I presume there is a dress code of sorts.” A subtle nod to a younger man with a ball cap on across the patio. “And then, I see certain garments that completely perplex me.”

“Yes, I thought this looked rather fetching while looking for something slightly against the grain.” Her eyes followed that of the other Daeva, the ambiance was more than she’d anticipated from the few pictures. “I enjoy when people take something and make it new again. Re-pop or refurbish, is what I think they call it now. It would be an excellent place for an event.”

Leaning forward and facetiously whispering. “All that’s missing are dashing men in trousers and suspenders as servers, although it would mar the splendor they’ve turned this into.” Or would just be an added bonus.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist chuckled slightly at the offer to use Vivian's first name whenever and she considered maybe telling her at least the basics of Invictus policy and names. It was one thing to skirt the issue while around Kine, another to be in the middle of an Invictus hosted court and address her as simply Vivian. Course... it could have its advantages.

"I found early on that my name receives many curious looks when filling out the paperwork that is so prevalent in today's society. To avoid such difficulties as those looks would lead to..." She makes a small motion with her hand, indicating that that is why she adopted the moniker of Myah Torsione. It didn't cross her mind that Vivian might be asking about why she was called Twist.

Twist follows her nod and lets out a small sigh of commiseration at the fall of dress code. Gladly she turned her gaze back to Vivian and away from the capped man. Reaching for the water glass she lifted it slightly to Vivian in toast to her success with the outfit she has chosen. And then to complete the gesture, she lifted it to her lips as though to sip before returning it to the table. The level unchanged. "Re-pop... interesting. But yes- excellent indeed. We shall have to remember it."

Tipping forward to hear the whisper she laughed, amused at the idea. "Though... I am not sure dashing men could ever mar something. Besides- they ought to have something to attempt to balance our table out."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva wasn’t entirely into poetry, but all the talk of names brought a thought of a certain soliloquy into her mind. And the diminutive woman her opposite was certainly quite the rose. “I’m sure it has, but we do what we must.”

Only Kindred noticed little things like the level of a water glass. Considering the woman’s rich accent, wine is a far better thing to waste Vitae. Twist’s small toast was followed by a slow nod in appreciation from herself. “Yes, I think this would be a marvelous place to have a party. It has such character, like our Family does at times.” Although the last meeting, none of that seemed to come out at all; a boring evening, yet sometimes that was a blessing in disguise. Her picture of her first Clan meeting in Sacramento was far different in reality.

“Very good point. At most, a simple bow-tie and collar would help them ‘blend in’.” Chuckling again, clearly they were both amused by the male gender.

Having glanced at the menu, Vivian knew what she’d order since it was only to appease the masses around them. Following her usual plan of the fake stomach concerns with a take out box for some poor wayfaring stranger on the streets; one meal for another. “If I may ask, Myah, you had traveled away for a while. What brought you back?” She could only assume this place was home. It wasn’t just anyone a Prince would call Archon.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods, "We can be quite the gathering can't we." A wry smile and amused chuckle at some of the previous family gatherings.

Following suit, she skimmed the menu, considering some plates, rejecting others, eventually settling on something small and easily handled. That decision done, she set the menu down and returned her attention to Vivian. "In truth I had not planned to be away for so long. It was meant as only a quick trip to Italy to deal with some affairs that had arisen. Sacramento is my home. It is where everything I need is. There was never any question of me not returning."

"I do regret that I was gone for so long. Enough has changed in the city to make it readily apparent my absence. I am glad though, that it has not changed so much that I am not welcome back."

"what of yourself? Are you finding Sacramento still suiting to your tastes?"

V
    Vivian York

Smiling back with the same musings, “Yes, I hope there are more to come.” Although she didn’t favor the Family sniping in Toronto, they often threw good soirees.

Everything she needs. Vivian let those words run through her mind. It still didn’t entirely answer why she came back but home was home. “I don’t see why you wouldn’t be welcomed back?” Her question curious, although she presumed Twist’s comment was just that, a statement. “Other than possibly newer faces, why do you think your absence is apparent?” Maybe several points of scenery changed, it was possible with how fast some cities grew. Or places no longer popular in Sacramento vacant, it was hard to tell.

Replying with a soft chuckle. “So far, it’s better than Toronto.” Although considering her former city’s current issues, that was not saying much. She could have stayed in the East coast but her Sire insisted separating for many reasons. “While I don’t feel pressure to join, any organizations,” The Daeva didn’t count not so subtle hints as pressure. “I feel like I’m one of few who hasn’t found a place to commit my time.” Shrugging a little, she added. “What made you choose yours?”

If it hadn’t been for Velma introducing the beauty before her with so many titles, Vivian may not entirely know. Twist seemed more down to earth that many she’d come upon, or at least those at Elysia.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist made a small hmm sound that could either be taken as ascent or polite non-interest in the idea of future Daeva gatherings.

A wry smile, "Sacramento has had its fair share of turbulent history, and some of it recent enough to make me understand that one does not always return to the city one left. As for my absence being apparent- perhaps I misspoke. I only meant that with the many new faces and names, it is apparent to me that I have indeed been absent. No doubt to those who have gone through the changes individually, they seem like nothing so much as the passing eves."

Twist chuckles and grinned, "Well that must surely say something then.

Arching an eyebrow in faint surprise, Twist's voice was even colored with it. "In truth, I am a bit surprised. You are not new to Sacramento and in the current city arrangment, it seems somewhat rare to find one who for so long has not found any place to at least try."

"Myself? Hmm... it was a slow realization that was pointed out to me by others. I was hesitant at first, but it took only a short period of time before I realized the fit. While I have never considered myself a leader, I am not afraid to act. And when I do so, I do it directly, with a confidence and strength that are advantageous in the group."

"Have you given any of the choices much thought? Are there any that are absolutely distasteful to you. Or perhaps one or two that evoke a sense of curiosity?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.