Ended
Watch

(1504) By the beverages!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis turned to the dark dressed newcomer with the oddly bright name, but before she could introduce herself, Miach appeared and offered a greeting which did half the job of an introduction.

"I'm fine, Miach," she replied blandly, nodding to the doctor, "was just getting acquainted with July here." Another nod was given to the cowboy. "It's nice to meet you. Like you just heard, I'm Avis, Councilor of Warlocks and First Talon of the Ungula Draconis. You? Aside from being a fan of summer?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

July was taken a little aback at Miach's sudden appearance. "Hello Miach." He then turned his attention back to the Councilor., completely ignoring the joke about his name. "Well I'm an Acanthus Guardian, just in from Chicago."

He take a sip from his coffee only to realize it was still too hot. He blew on it slightly and then waited. "I've just been trying to get myself more acquainted with everything and everyone. So, I haven't seen any other guardians other than the elusive Star, who I still haven't meet. Are there at least more Arrows in the city? Almost everyone I've met is Apostate or Ladder."

Miach

PRE

So focused he had be on Avis, that Miach hadn't noticed the authoritative Enchanter. "July, how are you ?" he amended with a sorry smile. He would have to wait a little bit longer before talking with Avis, then.

Taking his cue from the Guardian, he jumped in "Star is here, I've passed by him..." he said, turning around to spot the man.

C
    Casitive

Reaching forward, the Keybearer's hands idly fill a paper-cup with hot-water bound to become tea. “Councilor Avis,” Aquinas says, then turning his attention to the taller Acanthus, “Magus Miach ( Bigpaw ) Nice to see you both.”

Switching the cup to the left hand, Aquinas offers his newly freed right hand to the newer Mage, “I'm Aquinas. You must be new. Welcome.”

Looking back to Avis, “Everything alright? Do we have an itinerary for tonight I can glance over?”

L
    LoneRanger

After some time I finally land in the table of drink, a coffee won't hurt. As I serve myself a cup of warm tea, I give a look to the people present there. Crowley. Themis.

Miach, July and who is she? Isn't ah yes the one brought the Charter...Ah Councilor... Avis?

I give a look around before moving to the small group of assembled Willworkers at the table. And now Aquinas. I greet everyone with a friendly smile. As Aquinas seems to turns to speak to Avis, Miach and July should be able to see me.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Chicago. The name rang in her skull like a dull, iron bell being struck, but unfortunately she couldn't comment on it before Duty strode towards her. Unfortunately, it seemed that Duty had found her wanting. Well, honestly it found the entire Council wanting, again, but it wasn't like anyone had to know that.

"A printed one, Hierarch?" Avis asked, sounding a bit guilty. "Um. Yeah, no. Sorry. Basically, we'll just with explaining the changes made, then move on to live FAQ, then city business like declaring the Trial date. And don't ask, you'll hear about it soon enough," she forestalled the newcomer.

she kinda obvious
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-10 02:46:13 Avis rolls 5 to try on some insouciance (manip2+subter3) (10 Again) 2, 6, 1, 1, 6 failure
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

So Star is hear eh? July thought to himself as he followed Miach's gaze to find the man he'd been looking for. "Oh thank you Miach, I'll have to catch up with him later." And wait it would have to be because the Heirarch was in front of him and he didn't want to appear dismissive. July accepts his hand with a firm grasp. "Good to meet you Aquinas, Crowley told me good things. My name is July."

July then remained silent as he listened to Avis and Aquinas discuss what sounded like changes to something with the consilium. A trial? Banishers and now a trial? What the hell is going on in this city? Instead of asking he kept his questions to himself since it appeared he'd be brought up to speed soon enough.

Miach

PRE

Miach had never exchanged words with the Hierarch, but it seemed he was known nonetheless. It was probably thanks to one of his Cabalmate, he reasoned. "Hierarch. Nice seeing you too." the mystagogue replied politely. What else could he say really ? Eh buddy, wanna grab a beer and watch a game at my place ? Please... In his experience, both of the Hierarch he had known before had been scary, in some subtle ways if not outright. It was safer assuming Aquinas was in the same boat...

Pelican then passed by, but didn't pipe word, and Miach was happy reciprocating.

The program of the evening suggested by Avis seemed sound, though hopefully it would not devolve like the last one had... it would be their chance to see whether the Councilors had learned a thing or two, and could thus be relied upon.

"I sure hope for a smooth proceeding this evening." he still said guardedly.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

As the small group of mages is there, and Avis talks to Hierarch Aquinas, I content myself to listen with attetion to the proceeding. When the Councilor mention the Trial date I have a small shudder. To avoid being noticed I give a small sip to my cup.

I notice Miach very prudent approach, which indeed suited me. Indeed, I hoped as well for smooth proceeding.

C
    Casitive

“July,” Aquinas replies as he shakes the newcomer’s hand. The Hierarch regards the Guardian with ill-hidden interest before he turns towards the Mastigos Arrow. “Thank you, Councilor. That'll work just fine.” A sip is taken of his tea. “You should try the Peppermint Tea, quite good.”

Turning to Miach, Aquinas notes, “I have faith that the preparations done will make for smooth proceedings.” A nod for Pelican as he arrives, acknowledging the Moros. “Is there anything any of you need from me before we begin?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread