Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Dhaka Hotel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Redinski

The Hotel's more wakeful inhabitants are of some annoyance to Walter. He'd spent most of his Requiem isolated from the Kine, outside of his feeding. He had always felt so compromised around the mortal throngs. As irrational as he knew the fear was, he could never help but fear that a Kine that came too close to him would somehow realize his Vampiric nature.

The irony was murder. At any time, he could force most any mortal to his will, whether through force, bribery, or blatant Domination. But should a mortal learn just that one tiny fact that Walter had died fifty years ago, Walter's control of the situation would quickly disappear. He'd have to go through whatever the circumstance required of him to ensure the silence of any such mortal. It was rather humbling (not a feeling Walter enjoyed) to know that such a simple tidbit could ruin him.

Nonetheless, Walter forced himself to walk through to the front desk, even managing to shuffle straight past a sleepy-eyed family without changing his path.
    "Excuse me," he asks, "Where would I find a Miss Pia?"

Jane Scotts

PRE

"And may I have your name sir?" The receptionist asks cooly.

R
    Redinski

"Walter Emmet." Walter replies simply.

Regina Pia

PRE

"I see Mister Emmet. Her Ladyship will see you in the Brown room." A bellhop is summoned, and takes you to a room that has sturdy looking doors. He opens them, and Regina is sitting at a small table that sits in the corner of a room. The rest of it is empty and barren.

:Regina:
    "Mister Emmet, do come in." Regina points to the other side of the table, where a low stool rests.

R
    Redinski

"Lady Pia," Walter smiles slightly. He takes the seat as asked. "I think I'd like to join with the Knights. But first, could you explain the Order in detail? I'm afraid I've heard very little up until now. I'd like to hear it straight from our source, if you'd be so kind."

Regina Pia

PRE

Regina quirks an eyebrow, but continues.

"A Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Thorned Wreath is a stalwart defender of the covenant. A knight is superbly trained in the arts of combat, and is mobilized at the order of the Meister. A knight's vows are as follows:
    I swear to never refuse an order given by an Invictus, save only when it would directly harm the covenant.
    I swear to never take up arms against the Invictus.
    I swear that I shall never abandon a task given to me by another Invictus.
    In short, you make every Invictus member your superior officer, and answer their requests as needed. In return you are granted a safe haven, food aplenty, the respect of every member of the covenant, and the fear of everyone outside of it. You must place your life on the line for the Covenant. You must be willing and ready to die at a moment's notice for the good of the Invictus."

R
    Redinski

Walter nods. "That seems to be in line with what I've heard." He pauses for a moment, eyes drifting around the room.

He'd spent most of his Requiem working for the Invictus and its interests. Admittedly, not on such dire terms, but the devotion was there nonetheless. What concerned Walter was swearing obedience to all Invictus. There were plently of the Invictus that he simply didnt trust. And yet, Walter could wind up being the one to come to their aid.

Walter's eyes snapped back into focus. "Very well. Consider this," he says, pulling an envelope out from inside his jacket and offering it across the table, "my formal application."

Letter

The letter had been intentionally left somewhat vague, as Walter had been uncertain as to whether the stories he'd heard were true. He had also been hoping to sell himself in person rather than by letter.

Regina Pia

PRE

"Then Mister Emmet, Knight Applicant, I accept your Letter of Intent. We may begin the interview now, or at a later time."

R
    Redinski

"'Now' would be an excellent time." replied Walter.

Regina Pia

PRE

"Very well then." Regina reads over his application once again.

"Explain to me how you would be able to take an order from an Invictus of whom you think is weak. Explain how you would then handle receiving an order from another Invictus, in whom you held great esteem, just after accepting the order from the first member.

Please explain why you are ready to give your life for the Invictus, and what sacrifices you have made for the covenant in the past."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.