Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

1504 Sparks Against the Dark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10

Chris is for a moment silenced by Chucks very direct answer, this guy is all business. Every time the man spoke Chris felt a particular way that made him some what uneased, did he make him feel young? Or perhaps more accurately inexperienced. Still though it was a good offer from the sounds of it, it was after all exactly what he was looking for. An experienced pack of wolves that could walk him through the process of learning to stand on his own legs, to make him strong, and to teach him bravery. Two areas in which he was distinctly lacking. But there was a second part to the offer, the pledge of loyalty. He didn't know much about them, but he believed whole heatedly that the people did not take such things lightly, if he was going to swear his legence to someone he knew he would be held to it.

Before he could answer two others spoke out in favor of joining with Chuck and his people. Was Chuck really that much of a man in charge that everyone unanimously vied for his acceptance? If so, what use would they have for someone like him? Someone..weak. Surely the other two would be better candidates if there was only room for one. Risking self sabotage, Chris decided to simply ask, "Would you be willing to accept us all into your fold? Or does this offer only extend to me?"

T

Chuck's eyes narrowed at Bridger as he began to speak, but he held the man's gaze with a serious intensity. He paused as Virgil put himself forward as well. Another of The People he barely knew, but one that had maintained a level of respect worthy of a newcomer at least. Chris' question hit the nail on the head of what he was considering and he looked at the young man, pondering his potential, before talking a short and calm, yet obvious breath.

"Chris, Virgil. You're both welcome." He turned his discerning gaze to the unknown. Kevin seemed in no hurry to lead a pack, did he really want this barrel of TNT running loose on the streets? Best case scenario the Pure would deal with him, worst case he'd forget his oath and expose them all.

"Bridger. I accept your apology. If you swear to fight with me and not against me then you too can run with us." he said levelly. He held no ill will towards the man, it was just a matter of if he could keep a lid on it or not.

M
    Matrixchild

Relief washed over Bridger. The man gazing at him seemed almost unreadable to the Brit, so he didn't know what to expect. The statement was more than enough to quash any fear Bridger still had.

"I swear to fight beside me new pack and not to kick up another fight like we had. You saw me skill, so just point me where you need me and I'll hit those bloody bastards like they ain't never been hit before," Bridger said, finishing with a toothy grin.

His smile then went down into a more relaxed grin. "And thank you for givin me a chance mate."

B
    BDeHaven

Virgil waits with patience. As Chuck speaks a small relief floods through him. That's one good thing, see your life isn't falling apart merely changing. Keep your head up and roll with it.

"Thanks, Boss." Though the morose look on his face doesn't change a small gleam appears in his eyes, Hope.

His question, or rather his excuse to not join, was alleviated. "Alright then, I'll join with you." I hope I don't end up regretting this, but what choice do I really have in the end?To the end he adds, "Thanks"

T

Chuck gave another discerning look between the three who had just agreed to join them. Finally his expression broke into a grin. "Good. I'll setup a meeting later and get you the details. You'll have to meet our Totem, Prideful Harrier, and understand his ban which is to garner loyalty. I'm still seeking out a good area to claim as territory." he said efficiently relaying the important information. Looking back to Virgil he realized he hadn't answered the man's question.

Time for some more information transfer.

"The answer is yes and no Virgil. I've only recently come to Sacramento myself, just as the local Urdaga finished dealing with a major takeover from the Anshega. They were led by one called Grandfather who was finally killed by King's End, an Urdaga named Daniel. They're mostly North of the river as far as I know and I've been fortunate enough to not run into any myself. The parks around the river area North of downtown has been claimed by a pack who claim no affiliation with either the Urdaga or Anshega. Or maybe both, I still need to look into it. South of the downtown area is claimed by the Justicars an experienced pack by the sound of it. The Granite Watchtower is another pack looking to reclaim their territory now that the Anshega have been pushed back." He explained, looking between the newcomers. "Anything unclear?" he finished.

M
    Matrixchild

"That all makes sense to me," tapping his head with his finger. "But now that I know we're going to have a meeting I'm going to head out. I think I've had enough fun for one night." At that Bridger turned and started walking off of Tur.

He turned back one last moment while he was in earshot. "See ya soon mates." He gave one last toothy grin and then left for the night.

Bridger leaves the scene

B
    BDeHaven

"Nope, it's clear." Virgil waves to Jones as he heads off. Shifting his feet he looks around at the others. ''I think if there's nothing else I'll head out as well." he tells the others and waits a minute to see if anyone speaks up.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10