Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a small disappointed noise as Einstein's Magic was cut before whatever she was going for was fully visible. "I'm just going to trust that it would've been, Einstein. Seems someone wasn't happy about it though." She gave half a shrug, then turned to Striker with a greeting nod. "Hey. How are you?"

"It's not that big a deal, Truce, but yeah, there's a certain amount of coded symbology about what represents what path. Blue and Green are Acanthi, as is Silver birds, brambles.... I care a bit more than Mace about these things, so mostly I used to just make her wear something grey whenever it was necessary. And I think Yew is your plant? Or is it Oak... I feel like it's Yew, because of Norse mythology."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

As Einstein felt the threads she had so carefully woven fall apart in her metaphysical hands, she had a moment of profound annoyance. Who was it who dared to use the Aether against her like this? Her head shot up as her Nimbus faded, backtracking the spell's casting to its originator. Star. Of course. Her annoyance didn't exactly go away, but she managed to store it for later. Technically, she was in the wrong here. If someone was dropping Vulgar magic in the Lorehouse, she'd probably dispel it too. Probably.

Her attention returns to Pepper around the same time she decides not to try again. Pressing her luck now would only make the Abyss' appearance more likely. She'd stacked the deck against it with her own personal stores, but now she couldn't get the almost-guarantee she'd gotten before. Oh well. "Yes, it would've been. Maybe I'll show you what was meant to happen, someday." Einstein found she liked the little Ladder a lot more than she thought she would. She wasn't trying to enforce her will, and she certainly hadn't freaked out at Einstein's casting. In fact, if anything, she seemed to have been wanting to encourage it.

"What plant does my Path hold as its own?" Sometimes, things slip through the cracks. The Obrimos were white, gold, eagles, lions, everything proud and god-like. She'd never figured out what plant was theirs, though. Oak?

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"I suppose it'll take a bit of research before I'm ready to add that to my wardrobe. Maybe we can go shopping one evening," he suggests to his fellow Thearch.

As Einstein's Nimbus flares and dissipates, Truce's eyes narrow at her. "What was that you were trying to do just now?" he asks with an air of concern. It was impossible to ignore the effect it created on his supernal senses but there hadn't been time to observe it. Only Pepper's remark seems to suggest to him that someone else had prevented a spell from taking form.

T

"So there's no trouble Einstein? You're just flarin' your Nimbus around for the hell of it?" Striker asked her directly. "Only if I see what looks like something vulgar happening under my roof I've gotta assume something's goin' down. So just take it easy and don't surprise us all a'ight?" He said in no uncertain terms.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper grimaced at how right Striker's words were and gave a small nod to him in recognition. "Sorry for that, I encouraged her with my teasing. Wrong place for it." Not to say she didn't want to see it, only... "Maybe when Panthera Nox hosts in July."

Pepper grinned at that prospect, then turned thoughtful as she tried to remember. "Hmm, you know what? I'm not sure. Something obviously described as mighty... some kind of tree, probably. Redwood? But we're talking European traditions... Oh, oak' s yours then. Yew is definitely for moroi."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein gave Striker a Look. She didn't say anything - she wasn't about to start dredging up bad things in Arrow HQ. But seriously. Him? Lecturing her? About using Vulgar magic? The Look said it all, without her saying anything. At least she wasn't throwing it around in front of Sleepers. Or...well...she wasn't getting caught. Important distinction. "I'll do that."

Aquinas' bow ( Casitive ) got him another tip of the hat. Just cause it wasn't the right color didn't mean it wasn't still a great hat. Maybe she should wear it more often. Although, next time, she would come better dressed, with something else that would fit the hat. Maybe she'd rob a priest's house for something to wear.

And, finally, her attention returned to the group of people around her. Truce gets a smirk. "I was trying to fix my clothes. But, apparently, they're having none of that here." A pity. It would have been so amazing. She grins at Pepper. "You'll probably have to add that to the invitation, in big letters. 'No Dispelling or Countering Einstein's Phantasms'. Bold it and underline it. I'm serious." She got her serious face on for that last line. It disappeared a moment later, turning into a smile. "Aha, Oak. I thought so."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce considers lecturing his Cabalmate on the dangers of toying with the Abyss for frivolous purposes, but he knows she is already aware of that. Seeing as whatever working she's attempted has been dispelled she may well be discouraged from trying again. The flow of the conversation has already moved on.

Truce gives a quizzical look to Striker on the phrasing of his concerns. Again he hardly seems like a man accused of a serious crime, with no shortage of confidence. Pepper's explanation seems to be enough, and Truce does not see fit to answer the man.

"I see," he says in general, replying to all statements with vague acknowledgement and then sipping his tea.

"So, Striker," Truce starts, changing topics. "May I ask what news has been going around the Arrow in regards to the Banisher threat? Has there been any incidents within the city recently?" It's a far more serious topic to distract from the less consequential issue of the use of vulgar magic.

T

Striker gave Pepper a hard serious stare, trying to fathom what she meant. "You want vulgar spells in your sanctum?" He said before giving a little shake of his head. "I musta missed the joke."

He returned Einstein's look as if expecting her to say something. But he seemed happy with her agreement and his expression softened just a little. "Good. 'Preciate it."

"I don't know much about what the cabals have got going on sorry mate. I know Nox has been looking into it and Veiled Threats were too. Whisperin' Wave hasn't had much chance to get organised and get on it yet an' the Adamantine Arrow meeting was mainly about how we're gonna deal with them once we've got all the info. I haven't heard of any specific incidents but we're keeping our ear to the ground." he replied quickly to Truce.

"Now I got some other stuff I need to get sorted. I'll catch yous round." He said before turning and heading towards the other mages in the large open area.

Striker heads back to here.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

After contemplating the architecture for a minute or two, Ermon walks over to some familiar faces, one of whom he has actual business with. But first, of course, fun:

"Good day, everyone. Einstein, you are Gandalf, aren't you? Jabbing at the Diamond for our old ways? Pepper, good to see you here. I'll be making an announcement for anyone with relevant info for the upcoming trial to come forward. Also, we should probably set up interview with the suspect and the wronged party... Wanted to run it by you first".

He smiles apologetically and shrugs:

"Sorry for killing the mood but it's a small bit of business, didn't want to kill your conversation by pulling the Factotum away".

Remembering something he's missed, the Warlock turns to Truce:

"Hello, sorry for my rudeness: don't think we met? Ermon, Mastigos, Silver Ladder, Whispering Wave, Factotum".

As time goes by his introductions get more and more cumbersome. Wasn't it simpler when he was just 'Ermon, Mastigos of no Cabal, Order or Title'?
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper raises an eyebrow at Striker's question, but he was gone anyway, and Ermon joined them. "I've spoken to the Suspect, at least in part. But interviews with both would be helpful for a refresher." She paused then glanced between Truce and Ermon.

She waited for Truce to give his response, then fixed a gaze to Ermon, "So, I have a question, who's in the Whispering Wave anyway? I mean, you, Emrys, Ermac... I would have expected you three to be more cautious about welcoming someone who's been stripped of recognition and waiting to be tried for assault."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread