Einstein, Truce, and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Bye..." Einstein waved her hand slightly as Striker left. Didn't know? Wasn't it the Arrow's job to keep track of things like that, even if they weren't actively participating in it as an Order? What were they for, if not that? Well, whatever. Maybe they didn't tell him anything cause he attacked one of them. Wouldn't want him wrecking up their operations.

She smiles slightly at Ermon's approach. "Oh, no, not at all. I'm just trying to accommodate our glorious leader's traditions into my public behavior." Hands waved around at 'glorious leader', raising up as if in worship, then came back down to tap her wizard hat then cross in front of her chest. "I would never dream of making fun. I even tried to fix it when I realized I'd made a mistake." She had, too.

She nods at Pepper's implied second question. "Yeah, I'm kinda of wondering that, too. I can understand joining up with a former criminal, but one who's been accused and has yet to stand trial is...well, a little weird, especially considering the crime in question. You really trust in his innocence that much?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards Striker attentively as he relates what he knows about the Cabals' activities and a brief synopsis of the Arrow's plans. "I see. So there is still much to be learned. Temoins du Sud will keep its ears open as well. Take care," says Truce as Striker bids his farewell.

It isn't that strange that another man moves to fill the void Striker creates, introducing himself as having a hand in the upcoming trial of the aforementioned. "No, we haven't, though I've heard a bit about you from your Cabalmates, Ermac and Emrys, at least regarding your Factotum duties. And Pepper has mentioned your position in the past as well. My name is Truce, recent novitiate of the Silver Ladder and member of the Cabal, Temoins du Sud. I've met Faye and Arthur at the last gathering, but it's a pleasure to meet you as well." Truce declines his head in polite nod to Ermon.

Truce notes Einstein's observation regarding Striker's affiliations with the Whispering Wave. Striker's behavior does seem to imply some confidence of innocence, though Truce can hardly provide testimony to that. The remains silent on the subject, not wanting his speculation to influence Ermon's investigations.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Hmm, yes, well," says Truce after a moment of awkward silence between the group. "I imagine the Consulate will be asked to convene shortly. Perhaps you could do without the hat at least, Councilor Einstein? It may prove a bit distracting. I can hold it for you if you like," he offers to his Cabalmate.

"Councilor Pepper, do you suspect the Silver Ladder will be meeting soon after this Consilium concludes? I thought I'd ask before your evening fills up."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper sighed, doubly so as she caught Aquinas's smile and Truce's words. "Oh, doubtless. Mace hasn't shown up, that's... Concerning." She hoped nothing major came up. Maybe it was just her way of giving Truce the seat? Yeah right, Mace wouldn't trial by fire someone. "You might just need to leave Einstein with her hat on, Truce. Oh! Did you finish that thing I asked you to do? The Ladder meeting will start with you taking the mantle, so that's a thing. But yes, I hope it'll be soon."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein raised an eyebrow at Ermon. Alrighty then, don't answer. Was that a show of his actual faith in the outcome of Striker's trial? Maybe. Maybe he also just didn't want to be put on the spot and have to answer that question.

Einstein turned her attention away from him, giving Truce a grin. "The hat comes off, when I sit down." She waves a hand at the Councilor's table. "Not before, and as soon as I stand back up, it goes back on." There were rules about sitting at tables. This was one of them, that the Obrimos' parents had actually taught her. "I'll hold on to it, though. I wouldn't want to burden you." She also wouldn't want it to mysteriously disappear. She looks at Pepper. "Speaking of this stuff, it should be about time we get to the seats, mm?" She didn't wait for a response, spinning towards the seats and walking over, whistling a merry tune.

Einstein returns to the main thread!

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce can only sigh after Einstein as she heads towards the Councilors' seats. "I suppose it's unfair of me to try and stifle her free spirit," he says, lamenting to Pepper as she remains in proximity.

"Oh, right. That thing. I had hoped to speak with more attendees before submitting the final draft. I'm sure I can get it to you before then," he answers her. "But Mace's absence is concerning. Has she said anything to you that might suggest she would be unavailable for today's proceedings?"

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper chuckles and nods. "I'm fine with her playing Councilor Gandalf." Certainly it's a lot more entertaining than freaking out about Mace.

"She's been arriving with Ermac lately - There might've been some sort of mis-communication there, since he's here... Damn, I hope we didn't leave her to walk alone or something. Fuck, Either way, I need to head to the table. Sorry, seems you might need to stand in for Mace too, so there goes your time to talk to people." Pepper let out a long sigh, then headed to the counsilor table with a slight frown.

Pepper heads to the Main thread

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

OOC

Ermon doesn't have a good answer to the question everybody seems to be interested in. He does that thing when he gazes into the distance while rubbing the bridge of his nose absent-mindedly and losing all track of time. What do they really know about Striker? Is he trstworthy? How much does he really know about any of his Cabalmates.

Eventually, he shrugs himself out of it:

"Ah, yes, you were saying?" - in a moment he realises the conversation has carried on without him, - "Errm... Sorry, I kind of spaced out there. But - innocent until proven guilty, right? If he posed an immediate danger to the Consillium the Sentinels would have kicked his ass out already right? So what I'm saying is we are giving the man a chance".

Besides, not like Avis doesn't make me want to shut her up.

Absent-mindedly, he waves at Pepper as she leaves:

"I better find my Cabal. Nice meeting you, Truce".

Ermon heads back to the main thread
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Nice meeting you too, Ermon," replies Truce as people began to take their places in anticipation of the gathering Consulate. Even with Mace's absence, Truce heads towards his own Cabal's table, taking several glances to the entryway for the late arrival.

Truce returns to main thread

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread