Einstein, Truce, and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein the Grey spun on her heel at the sound of her Cabal mate's voice. Her cup of tea, almost finished, sits on the table. She would have to leave it there for a minute, to let the baggie soak. A conversation would make for an excellent distraction. She offers Truce a wide smile. "The Vestments of my Office, of course. Don't you remember the conversation at the last meeting of the Consilium?"

She shrugs lightly at Pepper. "Not exactly, although that's certainly a side benefit. I decided that, since we're in a Consilium led by the Diamond, especially with a Hierarch who is in the Ladder," The hat is tipped slightly at Aquinas ( Casitive ) again, "it was only right that I dress myself according to their or, uh...your customs." Was she being rude? She absolutely didn't notice. A quick eye roves up and down the two Thearchs. "Although apparently I'm the only one."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

While listening to Einstein's explanation, Truce begins to fix for himself his own cup of tea. "I remember a conversation about robes, yes. I just...I mean, I never imagined...this to be the result." What shock remained seems to be replaced with more signs of that humor Truce is experiencing, his lips curling on their own into an unbidden smile.

Truce looks to Pepper as she approaches and he says his hello in a simple nod, noting Pepper's continued habit of joining conversations as if she had always been there.

"I think your enthusiasm is endearing, Einstein. I dare say that this may lead to a resurgence of traditional fashion, wouldn't you, Pepper?" By now, Truce's grin is apparent, and he struggles to keep it in check. It just seemed such an extreme to take, and from such an unexpected source. It doesn't escape Truce's suspicions that the Free Council member may be trying to make a point with this display. He can only wonder how all the other attendants might react.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiles back to Truce, then eyes Einstein's choice of robes with a critical eye. "Hmmmm, it's less the Robes that are tradition, and more the symbolism that can be applied to them. The point is supposed to be an easy read of Order, Path, Legacy, Cabal, and any positions that would be known to the Consilium. She's wearing Grey, which would actually mark her as a Moros... And well, I'm not getting any other distinct marks that would tie her to the Free Council or her seat."

Pepper took a second look, then corrected with a chuckle, "Though it looks a bit like Gandalf's robes, so the reference to popular fiction might be the Tie to the Free Council - If it is Gandalf you're referencing, you should've been Gandalf the White." Pepper helped herself to some tea as well, then gestured to herself. "I, on the other hand, am wearing blue, one of the colors of the Acanthi, and a well tailored suit, which is a symbol itself in modern eyes of authority, thus the Ladder, though Perhaps next time I should make sure I have jewelry of silver panthers and tree branches? For the full set of symbolism, obviously." It was mostly the quirk of her lips that indicated she was teasing. Though oddly, as she spoke, a fair bit of her decided Why not? it'd be good to mark herself as belonging to the cabal and in the position of Councilor.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Well damn. Einstein would have to think any ironic clothes through, next time, apparently. Or, well, maybe...she could fix it. Hands came up, pulling the clothes here, tugging there, and slowly the Atlantean tumbled from her lips, twisting the power of the Aether into real, manifest form. Her Nimbus exploded out, coating the woman in blinding bright light, obscuring her features until she was but a shadow standing in the light. When the light finally faded, there she stood, her clothes transformed. Einstein the Grey was gone, let the way be prepared for Einstein the White.

P1 Phantasm, no Paradox, -3 Mana total.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-08 11:38:17 Einstein rolls 8 to Phantasm! (Gnosis + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 8, 5, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1 1 success
    2015-04-08 11:37:18 Einstein rolls 1 to Paradox! (2 - Mana Spend) (10 Again, Chance) 3 failure

ST Note: Counterspell Prime'd here

Einstein put her hand to her head, tipping the now-white hat to Pepper, a cocky grin making its way onto her face. "Better?" Ah, magic. Letting Mages do whatever the hell they want since before recorded time.

If it wasn't for those meddling Guardians.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

As Avis passes by with the newest copies of the Charter, Truce makes a point of nodding respectfully to the woman. "Thank you, Councilor Avis . I appreciate you taking the trouble."

"Is that so?" says Truce, responding to Pepper. He pulls at his blue shirt, suddenly feeling self-conscious about his choice of attire. He may well have to rethink his wardrobe selection in the future. All in all, he felt some inspiration from the lesson in fashion.

"She really does look like Gandalf though..." And then it happened. The Nimbus spread out from her like a scene from a movie, special effects and all as Gangalf the White appeared before them. A beardless, spectacled Gandalf.

The expression of humor turns to one of a grimace, squinting through the light of her Nimbus. Vulgar spells at the Consilium? "Really now, Einstein. Don't you think you're taking this a bit far," he chides her. "You've had your fun so let's be done with that, if you please." Protocol and propriety came at top priority, after all.

T

Striker joins from here.

Striker strode over from the side door where he'd entered and looked around at the small group with a questioning look.

"Everything ok here folks?" he asked with the undertone of a bouncer who's just noticed that not everything is ok. Eyes settled on Einstein.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper winced at the Light, but was promptly grinning - only to draw a frown at Truce and then Striker not having fun. "Well, I'm digging it, and we know it's you already. Besides, it really is more fitting for the Obrimos Councilor." She gave an approving nod, then shifted her gaze to Striker.

This, this would be more touchy. "Yeah, there's not sleepers around, right? We were discussing the symbolism that Formal Robes usually entailed - Anyway, she wanted to change hers to be more fitting. It's fine, unless a sentinel or Aquinas asks her to drop it." Five points to the Free Council for being aware of who's around?

8. Likes Cabochard liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein considered pressing her luck and making herself a staff, then decided it was a little too on the nose. Ah well. Next time she'd plan ahead. She nods slightly to Pepper. "I think it is too." Then, the grin lessens slightly as she looks between Truce and Striker. "I don't think I'm taking it far. I have been Awakened, gifted with the ability to twist the Lie. Not using it would just be silly. It'd be like being given a mansion and choosing to live in the tool shed." Seriously. What did he do with his magic all day? Not use it?

She raises an eyebrow at Striker. "We're fine, yes. And, before you voice anything, I was careful. There was no risk of the Abyss making itself known." A little Mana spent to ease the spell's passage made a big difference. "And, as Pepper said, there are no Sleepers about. It's all perfectly safe and in good fun."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce's expression does not lessen for either Pepper's or Einstein's explanation. Like Gyges, Einstein seems to have no concern for how his Cabalmates' behaviors reflect on him. "I'm more concerned about the Lie pushing back, thank you very much. Influencing the Supernal isn't a toy." Truce places his hands on his hips resolutely, perfectly willing to be a party pooper if it meant a safe environment for all of them. His tone isn't harsh at all, soft-spoken, even if his words are disapproving. "But I suppose you're already aware of that. Even so, I'd like it if you treated your gift with more reverence and not worry everyone with sudden flares of Nimbus. People are on edge enough already."

Truce shoots a glance at Pepper's encouragement. They were supposed to be setting an example as Thearchs. But he knows complaining isn't going to get him far so he sighs and picks up his tea to sip at.

The Necromancer looks to Striker too as he joins their conversation, clearly interested in the Nimus activity. But Truce doesn't see reason to add to Pepper and Einstein's clear explanation.
    Instead he greets the Thyrsus, "Everything is fine. Good day to you, Striker."

11. Likes Cabochard liked this post
    T

"Thanks Truce mate." the Australian nodded at the mage's greeting and sentiments then turned his attention back to Einstein.[s]

"Sleepers'll get you busted for Secrecy but the Abyss isn't gonna give you a slap on the wrist a'ight? Precautions or not it's still risky, and if you're just doin' some fancy nonsense to change you clothes I'd appreciate it if ya didn't do it under our roof 'kay?" He said giving her a stern look. Sure she might be be a councillor, but he was the one who'd been helping look after this place for the Arrow since Jonokuchi's sweeping was longer to be heard throughout the halls. "There's dorms in the back if you need to change, if you want to play with magic go do it at your own sanctum." Not to be unhelpful he finished with a few suggestions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread