THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Emrys

PRE

Arthur, Emrys, and Ermac continue here!

T

Striker returns from here.

Striker moved away from the conversation he was part of so he had a line of sight to the councillor's table. It seemed they weren't all assembled yet but he wanted to raise his point before things got official anyway.

He spoke in a loud voice to make sure he was heard. "Oi. Just before yous started on the official business I thought yous should know you've got a couple of unrecognized mages here." he glanced at Themis Drakhans before continuing "An' I know some people would prob'ly be more comf'table if we got recognised or left before ya got down to business." he said.

He found Zilker and gave him a hopeful smile and a bounce of his eyebrows. No hard feelings, just following some advice.

His gaze returned to the faces of the councillors and the heirarch to see what their response would be.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It would be cruel," Avis stated, walking towards her seat among the other Councilors, "to criticize you for not having read the charter since you've just gotten an official copy. If you read it, though, you'll see that only the Recognized are presented to the Council. Any solitaires or cabals who aren't recognized need to speak with a Herald."

That said, the Warlock rounded the table and took her seat, crossing her legs once she'd properly situated herself in the chair. Her hands steepled themselves upon the table, her pale arms forming stark, scarred lines into the blackness of her dress.

"There are copies of the Charter for everyone, however, so the unrecognized should still look it over, just like everyone else. For those of you who have seen a draft of this before, you'll notice that there are two major changes that've taken place. Those changes being the requirements for Councilors, and the Trial procedures. Read those over and we'll answer any questions you have. Unless, of course, any of my fellow councilors want to add any clarifying words now?"

Her words were definitely different than normal, her features a schooled blankness rather than the usual, vaguely empty expression, though it was hardly impressive with the tangled forest of gelled hair sprouting up from her skull.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

July had a seat in a chair since he was not in a cabal yet and listened to the meeting.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

After Avis speaks, Einstein points at her cabalmate, Crowley . "That would be that guy. He's the one that does Recognition." The Council didn't need any more things to do, after all. If it was their job to recognize too, she wouldn't have any time at all for magic. That would suck.

Einstein threw a look around the group after Avis spoke. "For those of you who might not notice, the changes are, specifically, the addition of a grandfather and grace period for elected Councilors to find a cabal, if they get elected without one, or lose one while they have the spot, as well as the replacement of the requirement of an Order with an Interdict. The time period within which a trial has to occur was also lengthened to a year." Telling them something was different was well and good, but saying exactly what was different was probably a good idea. Complete transparency. Don't assume they'll be smart enough to notice.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a small nod to Truce, confirming that he had guessed item number one of the Agenda correctly. Avis and Einstein neatly handled most of that, though the Acanthus could think of some more to add... namely, the Why. "The intent of the Grandfather and grace clauses, Along with only requiring Councilors to be members of Cabals, is to insure the investment of Councilors in our society while providing a bit more stability."

She took a breath and looked to first Ermon then Striker before continuing to the reasoning behind the change to the Trial timing. "As for the Extension to the time period a Trial can be scheduled, it was determined that the Factotum for the trials needed more than a month to investigate. It should also be noted that on the matter of Sentinels stripping recognition from those accused of crimes, to regain recognition. There is also a trail date currently set for the end of June*."

"Now, we know that many questions were raised by the Charter's first appearance in the last formal Consilium, so we had delegated to Provost Truce the task of creating something of an FAQ." Pepper said as she gestured to Truce with a smile- mostly apologetic, as she moved on to the second part of the Agenda. "Provost? If you'd present what you've collected so far, please. Indubitably there's going to more to add to it in time."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley rejoins the main thread

Taking his leave of Faye and Themis Drakhans the Acanthus makes his way to where the others are gathering. He takes a look at the forlorn Temoins du Sud table, shrugs and then moseys his way to where Ermac is sitting with his Cabal.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

After talking to Striker, Pepper and Truce Ermon moves to his Cabal's table, following Crowley. He nods to the other Factotum as he moves along, signalling his agreement.

A FAQ? Now that is neat.

As much as Ermon likes the Gandalf jibe that Einstein has not-so-subtly thrown into the Diamond's faces, it is far more construnctive when more modern-minded Mages use their expertise to help, rather than to mock.

The Warlock walks up to Ermac and sits down near him, giving his Cabalmates a wave. Right now, his attention is focused on the announcements.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

L
    LoneRanger

So I walk in the chair reserved to those with no cabals and find a place near to July.

A quick nod to him. The Consilium is starting. I put my right hand briefly on the mouth. Then I sip a bit a bit of my coffee.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce looks over to Pepper at his being mentioned by name. "Hmm? Oh, yes. I do have a work in progress, though I only have this one sheet on me. I will make more copies available if need be. It's based loosely on some of the concerns that have been voiced previously and some matters that may not be readily understood. You'd like me to read it aloud now? Very well..."

Truce reaches into the inside of his sports coat where the folded paper rested. He unfolds it carefully as he clears his throat to read it's contents.

FAQ

If at any point Truce is asked to stop to address a point or if the Hierarch or Councilors find the information too lengthy to take up their time, Truce will gratefully pause in his address.

11. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.