Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1504) Movement at the Sterling

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

The Sterling Hotel. If you ever asked him, Gerald would never admit to being at a loss for imagination. There are probably a hundred other places to hold a meeting for his Covenant. After all, Sacramento is home to plenty of banquet halls, parks, marinas and other fine hotels. He could even have chosen to hold the meeting on his own private yacht. Perhaps, though, Gerald really couldn't think of a better place. The Movement had met here before - rather recently, in fact - and his hope rests on the meeting being easy enough for the curious to find.

The Sea King finds enough justification in his decision to ward away fears of being unoriginal. Really... is this place so bad? The warm yet subdued lighting gives the hotel's Victorian flare an authentic, old-world feel. Gerald can hardly complain at that. And, if one were so inclined, a visit to one of the hotel's rooms would would reward the senses with luxurious marble bathrooms, elegantly adorned beds and all of the modern amenities one could possibly ask for. Little wonder this place once served as the Carthian Movement's epicenter. It is a place where the old meets the new; a union of refinement and class with modern inspirations.

Tonight, the hotel's Drawing Room would serve as their meeting place, once again. Perhaps, this time, Gerald's enthusiasm will not ring hollow. Gerald "Twice-Dead" Baker, cultivating the errant look of the rogue he sees himself to be, waits patiently from his seat for the first fellow Kindred to arrive.

M
    Matrixchild

To say Marco was excited was putting it lightly. It always found solace in the Carthians. There was something about new beginnings, independence, and turning from the old way that always got his veins metaphorically pumping. He had followed the flyer precisely and found himself at the Sterling Hotel. It's very delightful, he thought to himself as he walked inside. Before he knew it he was in the drawing room and saw a determined man sitting at the table. His beast shuddered in anger at the sight of him but instead of reacting Marco crossed the room and held out a hand in earnest delight to see a fellow Carthian.

"Hola, I am Marco Fernandez. I'm so happy to have seen your flyer."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad shows up to the Sterling Hotel to attend the scheduled Carthian meeting, dressed up a little more that usual since he figures he aught to show that he's taking this Covenant business seriously. And maybe he feels there is something to prove to these new age thinkers taking part in a modern experiment.

Overall Konrad approves of the choice of venue. Consistency has the use of showing an enduring concept, plus he had been the one to put together the last meeting. The hotel now had pleasant memories he could enjoy upon returning. Heading straight to the Drawing Room, Konrad took no detours, entering confidently into the room of two Beasts, one of which turns out to be wholly unfamiliar to him. Konrad's fists clench unbidden as he utters a low growl in the presence of an errant challenger caught in a corner ready to be made prey. With a strain of his neck, Konrad shows an effort to calm his angered Beast, melting the fury away into a composed smirk.

"Evening, gents," he says pleasantly, not bothering to explain away his momentary tic. "Hey, Baker. Good on you to gather us up again. I feel like a dick for running out on your guys last time. Never got to hear how things went down with Ducard and Durand."

Konrad lets his gaze wander to the stranger. "Hey there, bud. Name's Konrad Roth. Glad to have you. I figure you're here for the meeting, right?"

PRE

The arrival of a handsome man who could probably pass for a Spaniard causes the Ventrue to stir from his seat. The effect of the man's Beast on his own is immediate, and unwelcome: this is a night to form new bonds and strengthen old ones, not to tear a newcomer to pieces. He relaxes his tense posture and assumes a more polite one as soon as he can force his darker nature back into the recesses of his mind. A strong hand reaches out the the newcomer's, grasping firmly but briefly.

"Gerald Baker. And I am happy that you have seen it, mon ami. Where do you get your accent?" he asks - his own voice lacking a trace of anything other than American. Gerald is so pleased to see a new face that he cannot help the friendly banter.

Seeing Konrad arrive, he is doubly pleased - and the man has stepped up his attire a notch. Well played, Konrad. Three might be a crowd, but Gerald couldn't be further from annoyed. "Forget it, Konrad. You are here tonight." He offers a noncommittal shrug. "Those two are... undecided. Perhaps we will see Angel again, though. She and I have a habit of running into one another." he says, grinning at the Savage.

After the two maker their introductions, Gerald addresses the newcomer once more. "So... you are Carthian?" A hopeful question he phrases as a statement, hoping to be proven correct. He certainly could pass as one.

M
    Matrixchild

"I'm originally from Mexico, but I've spent the last several years in Houston," Marco said delightfully to Gerald. He found it interesting that people always wanted to know where his Hispanic accent originated from. If I'm honest with myself I could probably say it's from Brazil and no one would know the difference.

Marco turned casually when he heard the new gentleman arrive. His beast quelled up inside of him, ready to pounce at the well dressed man, but again he suppressed it. I better control myself, I suspect I will be feeling their presence more often.

Marco smiled warmly when Konrad addressed him. "Yes I am. Marco, wonderful to meet you," Marco said, extending his hand.

He then turned his attention back to Gerald in order to answer his new question. "Why yes I am. I actually joined the ranks of the Carthians down in Houston. I'm not sure if you're aware, but they have what we can only dream of here; a Carthian domain."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Shame," starts Konrad in response to Gerald's answer. "Guess that's the best we can expect given the stigma we bear. Though it wouldn't hurt to find someone with more enthusiasm for joining."

As Marco extends his hand, Konrad feels his Beast surge again. Even recognizing the politeness of the gesture, he still took it as a challenge to test his self-control. Never having refused a handshake yet, Konrad places his in Marco's and gives it a friendly if firm grip. "Same here. A Carthian Domain in Houston, you say? That's interesting. Must be a party every night. Glad to know the experiment is working somewhere. Gives hope for the rest of us." Despite the warmth in his words, Konrad's tone seems somewhat distant, perhaps unbelieving.

"So, just us boys tonight, eh? Guess it's true that Ashley has gone into hiding again. Just when things were getting interesting," remarks Konrad as he wanders over to a sofa, plopping comfortably into the seat. "And Gerald, how've you been adjusting to the city? Been a few months now, hasn't it?"

PRE

"Mexico. That's it, yes." he says, as if he would somehow know. Not that he hadn't met his fair share of Spanish speaking peoples in the Caribbean, but he really couldn't tell the difference. Still, at least now he knows.

"On this we agree. Luckily, there are plenty of Kindred in Sacramento without political ties." he says to Konrad.

"I am glad to hear it, Marco." A quick turnover to first names. Carthian Domain? Marco's words would almost carry the flight of fancy if Gerald hadn't lived in such a place himself. A long time ago. He doesn't question the man on it, though. Such might be considered rude.

As Konrad makes his way over the the sofa, Gerald beckons Marco to join. "I assume, then, that you are familiar with some of our customs? Well, really the only one we enforce." Gerald is, of course, referring to The Chain. Coming from a Carthian Domain, Marco probably knew to expect this at some point. As for Konrad, Gerald almost feels bad for bringing it up just as he had gotten comfortable. If he doesn't know already he is about to learn. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls a small, worn compass on a chain that looks like polished brass - a particularly old looking piece - and stands in triangulation with the other two. He looks at Konrad expectantly, waiting for him to rise.

"The sad truth is that this Domain has no Prefect." Yet. "So anyone may share words to begin our little ceremony. I may even do it, if you would prefer." His words are a challenge, whether or not the others realize it. Bait is dangled, and Gerald is eager to see what will happen.

M
    Matrixchild

Upon seeing Gerald pull the compass out of his pocket Marco connected the dots. "Oh bueno, it has certainly been some time since I took part in The Chain. A wonderful reminder that we Carthians stand together," Marco said with a smile. He joined Gerald and Konrad near the sofa, completing the triangle necessary for the rite.

At the word Prefect Marco felt a surge. Could I be Prefect? Who knows? he thought to himself. "Well that is quite sad that the position is currently vacant, though you have done a great job setting up this meeting. I will say I pride myself on being able to connect to others and find out what they want. Now is that a trait fit for a Prefect? Possibly. But at the least I plan on doing everything I can do to get the word out about us Carthians, whether or not I'm Prefect. Regardless, whoever gets the job will have my assistance. Marco threw the statement out there to both make clear his potential plans for the covenant and throw his name in the ring for Prefect. Would he fight either of these two for it? Probably not, but he certainly plans on the Carthians gaining more than 3 measly members.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad only returns Gerald's gaze until Marco replies in answer. Apparently there's some ritual that he's yet to hear of regarding this Chain concept. He knows of The Chain, the philosophy of unity and all that, but it almost seems silly that they have to actually take part in some symbolic tradition. Next they'll be wanting to hold hands. "Couldn't this wait until the end of the meeting?" he says begrudgingly as he stands from his seat, wondering if Gerald is purposefully starting the rite now to test him.

The Savage's gaze drifts to Marco who Konrad suppresses the urge to roll his eyes at. What an agreeable little worm, he thinks with an internal sneer. A big-mouthed ego trip and an overly polite idealist. This is what I have to work with.

"Whatever. Let's get this moment out of the way so we can get on to real business. So, what's involved in this Chain thing? We holding hands or something?" he ventures from his guess.

10. Likes Forn Clakes, West liked this post

PRE

"Indeed. The Chain." He answers, with a small smile. Konrad, perhaps unsurprisingly, participates a little more grudgingly. Like a child being told to come inside for the night. It will take a little more than a suit to bring Konrad into the fold completely. Gerald feels up to the challenge. His voice even, lacking a little of his typical flare, he levels with the Gangrel. "It is meant to be done at the beginning, rather than the end."

Marco is first to bite, it would seem. Gerald raises a single brow as the man nominates himself for Prefect. It might very well have been what Gerald would do if the tables were turned in the other direction. And the Mexican Carthian certainly has the enthusiasm down pat. The ability to bring people together is a good trait as well. If he truly possesses it. The Sea King smiles, saying nothing and regarding Marco with great interest until satisfied that he has finished. "Getting word out is important. Almost as much so as proving that word to be worth something." he answers.

Konrad speaks up again, with an iconic lack of interest. Gerald's smile thins. "Not usually, no. Perhaps among more... bohemian circles. But this is not just pomp, Konrad: the Chain is our one ritual. We pass an item of personal or spiritual significance to the person standing next to us. Forming a chain, as the name suggests. A simple gesture symbolizing the fact that one member's actions affect the rest." He forces a sigh, regarding Konrad with a look of dutiful acceptance. Now that I've said it, I'm sure I will have to try harder to accommodate him. "I won't bore you with a deeper inference than that. But please, find something to pass around and we will be done with it." He glances in Marco's direction. "You as well. I trust you've brought something?"

How quickly Gerald's tone changes when covenant affairs are on the line. The act drops off almost entirely. His words probably ring a little less hollow, too. Once they are all finally prepared, Gerald passes his own item to Konrad and accepts Marco's with his free hand. Once the moment settles, he looks between the two of them.

"We should hold on to these things until our next meeting. Perhaps this will help strengthen these new and fragile ties we share." And hopefully it will bring them back again for the next meeting.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread