Cabal Up! Redux

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

(Cabal Up! Redux)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

Almost six months prior, Magus Weavebreaker of the Adamantine Arrow had assembled a group of five Mages together, to form a Cabal. That Cabal had later gone on to talk at a picnic table in a park, and become the Temoins du Sud. They'd gone through a little bit of a rocky period, with Gyges and Damascus leaving, but Einstein still believed they had Weavebreaker to thank for starting the original meeting.

In honor of the Temoins almost-six-month anniversary, Einstein had decided it was time to host another one. She'd heard of a few new Mages bursting into town, so it just seemed right to grab them all in one room together, and tell them to start a Cabal.

In the interest of that, Einstein had put up flyers about town, and sent out messages, getting the message to the Solitaires that she was hosting a party at the Sanctum, to form up Cabals. She set up the living room, moving some things around and setting out some basic finger foods, then stood outside the front door and waited for people to show up.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Forgotten Spells

M
    Matrixchild

July had listened to Crowley's advice and kept an eye out for opportunities to meet other lone mages. A flyer had caught his attention so he decided now was as good as any time to work on getting a cabal together. He dressed in his usual blazer, button up shirt, and blue jeans, wearing cowboy boots and his hat. He reached the front door and saw Einstein waiting. He extended a hand to her.

"It's nice to see you again. Einstein right?"

Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 10:26:35 July rolls 3 to Fate Sight (10 Again) 10, 2, 7, 2 1 success
    2015-04-06 10:26:09 July rolls 3 to Fate Shield (10 Again) 3, 2, 10, 4 1 success

D
    Drakhans

Tomorrow was a day off for Themis and today was a

Themis strolled up to the Sanctum carrying a six pack of Guiness and a 12 pack of coke zero. She wasn’t sure how many people would be coming to the party, but at least a couple people were covered. Themis wasn’t one to drink in excess and preferred iced coffee as her caffeine of choice, but coke zero would do, plus wouldn’t keep her up. Tomorrow was a day off work, but not one she could fully take off. She still had a full day planned and still needed to find some time to practice her craft.

As she approached the door she didn’t have much of a chance to check out her appearance, but she was hoping nice flared leg jeans and a light jacket over a Golden State shirt with Steph Curry’s number on it wouldn’t be too informal. Then again, if it was more formal she would probably just be wearing slacks, a blazer, and a blouse. She wouldn’t be caught dead in a skirt and heels, she needed to be able to move, not to mention have a decent spot to strap her off-duty side arm.

At the front door a nerdy brunette was standing and she could see a man in a cowboy hat greeting her. It looked like the brunette was their patron for the evening. Themis shifted the 12 pack under her other arm to free a hand and attempting not to drop everything. “Thanks for hosting Ma’am. Is there a place you’d like me to set these drinks? I’m Themis by the way.”. She says ready to shake hands, and hopefully set the drinks down before she drops them.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 10:43:56 Themis rolls 7 to Sybils sight (F3+Gn2+HS2) (10 Again) 2, 2, 5, 8, 3, 3, 4 1 success
    2015-04-06 10:43:21 Themis rolls 7 to Fortune's Protection (Gn2+F3+HS2) (10 Again) 10, 10, 7, 10, 1, 6, 1, 7, 6, 1 3 successes

L
    LoneRanger

Silently, I move into the evening. After having hearing the news from the gravepine, I've brought a large packet with me, with some beer. The attire I choose is a Pink Floyd the dark side of the moon t shirt, with the customary light of ray split in the seven basic colour by a prism. blue jeans, well black jeans, and a black jeans jacket complete the clothing. a black pin adorns the chest. Moros.

The packet is with three bottles of wines. Some Tacos with several dippings are inside.

As I (finally) find my way to the Sanctum, I see a girl I already seen talking to two persons I never saw before. Putting on the best smile I could, I move toward the small group of Willworkers.

Einstein, nice to meet you. A quick memory of a table filled up with solitaires in a previous council.

I then turn to the other Mages with a friendly smile and a nod.

Hello there. Is everything fine? Name's Pelican.

Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 12:05:36 Supernal Vision rolls 6 to Wit+Occ+Pri (10 Again) 2, 8, 6, 5, 1, 10, 10, 3 3 successes

Miach

PRE

Sight and Shield, -2 Mana Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 17:10:45 Miach rolls 8 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision -Retry 1 (10 Again) 10, 1, 9, 4, 4, 7, 8, 8, 8 5 successes
    2015-04-06 17:10:18 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 1, 3, 5, 5, 2, 4, 2, 4, 6 failure
    2015-04-06 17:10:04 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Organic Resilience (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 7, 8, 4, 7, 1, 2 2 successes

While Miach didn't really feel like looking for a Cabal right now, he had nonetheless been made to consider the option. He wanted to help, and his efficiency on his own had proved... less than satisfying. It was in that mood that the tall doctor headed to the picnic hosted by the Tιmoins du Sud. At least, he had to cook, not to come empty handed, and he had both his special tuna-mango salad, as well as homemade pina colada galore. Hopefully, that should do the trick.

Wearing his usual hiking shoes, jean trouser and jacket, the doctor made his way to the Sanctum for the first time, and noticed Einstein, their host, engaged with three other people. No turning away now.

"Hello there, how are you ? I'm Miach, pleased to meet you." he said with a friendly smile to those he wasn't acquainted with.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein shook July's hand first - he had non-verbally asked first, after all - and took special note of that hat. This was the second time he was wearing it, did he ever take it off? Maybe it was his Tool. The Guardians had all sorts of weird habits when Dedicating their Tools. She'd seen one use a scarf once. That had been strange. "Yeah, Einstein. You're July, right?" Maybe someday she'd have to ask why.

Her attention turned to Themis next. This one, she hadn't met yet. She shook the woman's hand, smiling a little at the 'ma'am'. "Einstein. And you are?" New person gets to introduce themselves before they step into her Sanctum. She wasn't going to keep them out, unless she got proof they were bad, but she'd get their name first.

Roving eyes turned to Pelican next. He got a nod. "Hello. Nice to meet you, too." He certainly looked respectable. He was one of Truce's Moros, she'd have to ask him about the man later. She smiled at Miach. "Heya. Likewise." A hand waved at the entrance, opening the door for the others. "Go on in, make yourselves comfortable. Except, uh, you." She points at Themis. "I need a quick word with you first."

M
    Matrixchild

July smiled at Einstein's response "Yes, glad you remembered." He tipped his hat toward each guest as they arrive and took in the names of all those that followed his entrance.

Themis, Pelican, and Miach. I'll have to remember their names. Two, maybe all three, could be "teammates" soon enough.

At Einstein's request he walked inside, surprised to hear her stop Themis at the door. He didn't let that linger on his mind though and walked down the hall and into the living room. He took a quick look at the giant clock on the wall; an Acanthus always appreciated time related objects. He then turned to watch as the others followed in, using the fact that he was the first to enter as an opportunity to watch them so he could start to figure them out.

D
    Drakhans

"Sure, no problem makes sense.". It really did, not even a sleeper was going to let a stranger with no endorsement from a friend enter their home. Now add in how much more paranoid most awakened are, plus the fact that sanctum's were closer to a personal bank vault and you could see the issues. Fate could be fickle when you weren't the one pulling the strings, and apparently she was the joke for the evening.

Themis stepped out and to the side of the house to give any newcomers an easy pass, and set the beer down.So how can I help you? She said itwith a smile, and had to admit she was becoming ever the civil servant, wouldn't her mentor be proud.

L
    LoneRanger

I enter the place, thaking Einstein with a quick nod. I turn to Miach, with a good smile.

Thank you Einstein. Hi Miach, good to see you. Let's go inside.

And I enter with slow paces. Soon I am thinking about the events -Ghost cases..So what happened exactly? I'd need a Goblin case.Themis, July and Miach... So...this is Truce's cabal-, when I hear an offer of help.

I turn my head with a slow movement, and smile at her pleasantly.

Hello Themis... If I do not err. Could you help me finding a place for these bottles and snack food?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread