(Night Lightning) Giving and getting

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Butler is possessed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-20 09:16:40 Butler rolls 5 to resist possession (10 Again) 6, 9, 2, 1, 5 1 success
    2015-05-20 09:16:24 Matthew rolls 10 to possess the butler (Power + Finesse) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 8, 6, 8, 8, 1, 7, 8, 8, 10, 2 6 successes

For the second time in one night the Vampires see Matthew take a host. It's not pretty by any means with the butler's wounded body arching it's back and going rigid for a moment before dropping to its knees. The eyes are completely different now as he speaks - they are no longer dead-still but rather burning with a dead man's passion:

"Back in control".

The man motions to Rina and Katya to stop attacking.

1xx on Foot Chase
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-20 09:20:42 Shadow rolls 5 to run like the wind (Sta + Ath + Frenzy) (10 Again) 3, 3, 4, 10, 6, 1 1 success

Foot chase: Chris 8xx, Shadow 12xx

Unless you guys want to keep whacking on the butler, combat is over. Dark Passenger , please give me 3 more rolls if you'll be burning Vitae for Celerity every turn and we'll see if you get him. If you'd like the option to stop after any of the rolls, then post them one by one and I'll try to reply as quickly as possible so that you guys can move on to the conclusion.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris continues to chase the butler. Although it seems he is closing in slightly, there's not any promising progress. But while they're running outside and almost towards the parking lot another idea comes to his mind.

No need to follow him now. I just need to know where he goes.

Just 1 as well
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-20 10:47:49 Chris rolls 7 to Stam + Ath to run like a quicker wind (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 7, 2, 8, 1, 4, 3 1 success

-1 WP and Vitae again.
    If I stop using celerity can I use vitae to activate Cheval? (actual question: will I see the butler long enough). I thought now that they're outside it should be possible.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Dark Passenger , you may make a roll for Cheval - 4 (target's Composure). You will break out of the Chase, though.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya lowers her arm once she hears Matthew state he has control of the butler, looking down at Tom and the newly dead girl. She then tries to see if Aurora went off with the book before she did her disappearing act, if Chris was uneasy about her having it as kine, she doubts he'll be thrilled about her having it as whatever she is.

"Umm...unless there's something here regarding the 'professor's' research we can quickly swipe, I'd recommend we find a way out of here before security comes."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Both physically and mentally exhausted, Chris slows down. Where he fails, only the Goddess can help him now.

Forever wise Crone, guide me.

While running behind the other man, he cuts two finger tips at the edge of his katana. Suddenly, he stands still. A grins crosses his face.

'You can run. But you cannot hide.' Yes it sounds cheesy as hell, but after the chase, wounded and full of adrenaline, it feels right.

The finger tips touch his still open eyes for just a moment. He feels the power of his mystical connection with the Crone and the ritual is cast.

Then he turns around, to slowly go back to the others. He attempts to hide his weapon, but then he has a better idea. First he checks on the butler. He plans to ride the man's senses every now and then, to hopefully be able to recognize where he's going. Then as he's still outside Chris tries to hide between two cars, or a car and a tree somewhere, and then activate the Cloak of Night. He better make his way back into the building easier this time.

There goes my last WP
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-22 16:29:58 Chris rolls 10 to Int + Stealth + Obf (+1 being alone) for Cloak of Night (10 Again) 4, 4, 4, 8, 6, 5, 7, 8, 10, 2, 1 3 successes
    2015-05-22 16:23:36 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 4, 1, 6, 7, 6 failure
    2015-05-22 15:55:23 Chris rolls 8 to Man + Occult + Cruac - 4 (comp) to cast Cheval on butler (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 1, 9, 2, 3, 1, 8, 4 2 successes

I think we're out of combat then? So I activated Cloak of Night. Every 2/3 seconds Chris wants to change between his own senses and the sight of the Vampire.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

6. Likes Matamune liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

We are officially out of combat. Cabochard , sumthingpositiv , please roll Wits + Larceny - 1. On success you realize that the reason the meet was hosted in the basement is probably so that no one would hear the shots so you are likely safe.

For DP

Chris

Finally having given up on chasing the crazed Vampire, Chris turns back, his senses briefly flickering to the Shadow and then returning to himself. The Reeve makes his way to the guardhouse where the concerned guard is walking around and scratching his head. He has probably seen the blur that the two Kindred have been pass through the checkpoint but at that speed and this being the middle of the night... He quiets down some just as Chris walks past, evading the metal detectors.

It takes the Reeve a couple minutes to walk back to the building where they have had their fight. Aurora is nowhere to be seen - she must have picked some other direction to flee and there's no telling to where her incorporeal form would have let her pass. Every few seconds the Hierophant's senses flick back toward the man that has fought them: he quickly drops Celerity but continues to run until reaching a dark alley, complete with dumpsters and piles of old discarded cardboard boxes. Seconds pass, before the man finally gasps.

"Fuck, that hurts..." - he checks his body's condition but since Chris didn't hijack the sense of touch he can't tell how badly the other Kindred is hurt.

After making sure he won't need to re-grow anything important the Vampire takes out his phone and sends I'm out, you? to a number tellingly labelled Honey. A reply comes a couple seconds later:

Lost 'em. We are leaving the city. Eat, clean up, find a ride. Usual place.

Fuck, we were so close.

Don't worry, I've still got juice. Next time we pick a place where there are less of your cousins.

Then the vision becomes decidedly more boring as the man walks out of the alley and starts to walk further away from the University cutting through the backyards, stalking for prey. The occasional passerby doesn't seem to pay him any attention. Chris keeps his eye on the man's senses but so far he follows the plan outlined in the messages. The sensations sharpen with the power of Auspex and the Shadow uses it to search for someone to help heal the wounds.

Katya and Rina

You find yourself in the basement with Laura - nearly dead, Tom - unconscious and Matthew ripping at pieces of Tom's clothing and starting to bandage up his wounds.

OOC

s
    sumthingpositiv

nope
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-24 05:21:31 Katya rolls 1 to Wits+larceny-1-1(unskilled) (1s Subtract) 4 failure

Katya doesn't seem to notice the purpose of using the room, she's too busy looking at the dying Laura and deciding whether or not she'll finish her journey to the underworld on her own, or if she'll need further assistance so they can avoid a witness. One thing is certain, she's leaving the shotgun where it is, in Laura's hands with her fingerprints. Still, this doesn't stop Katya from searching for the dagger that was dropped. If they were able to sneak a kitana in here, they can sneak this tiny thing out While she searches, she tries getting a glimpse at the equipment in the lab again a second time to see what it was the professor was trying to do.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Let's move to wrapping this up: Dark Passenger , Cabochard

About the rooms

Katya easily finds the dagger on the floor, right where Aurora has dropped it when she went incorporeal. The thing is definitely old, with its blade specked with blackish spots and the edge nicked in multiple places. Why the woman had it would require more investigation in a more quiet environment.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya tucks her hand into her sleeve and bends down to pick up the dagger, sliding it in her front hoodie pocket. "If we have to exit from the entrance again, I'll need to hand this to you since it won't be odd to security if the detector goes off. Still, if we could find another exit that'd be great." perhaps Chris would be able to figure out who this dagger has penetrated in the time that Aurora has been here.

Afterwards, Katya turns to the equipment again to see if she can make sense of what it was the professor was trying to do. As she stairs at the equipment she says out loud to Matthew "I'd be curious in hearing about that plan B of yours after we get out of here."

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-27 18:20:40 [01] Katya rolls 1 to Identifying equipment Intelligence+Science-3 (extended 2 rolls) (1s Subtract) 5 failure
      nope
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-27 18:20:40 [02] Katya rolls 1 to Identifying equipment Intelligence+Science-3 (extended 2 rolls) (1s Subtract) 6 failure

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

A minute later, Chris rejoins the other two.

'Hey.' He looks around, what a mess. 'Sorry that went so sudden, I hoped to surprise them. However, I didn't expect the girl in the closet, with a shotgun ready.' Poor thing.

He walks to his bag to check if everything is still in there. He grabs the book back as well.

'I think we won't have to worry about them anymore. I... received some information,' there's no real way to describe it quickly, 'the vampire and the Aurora seem to be a couple, now keen on leaving town.'

With some concern he asks: 'Are you two alright?' Although he got most of the hits.

'We have two bodies.' It's not like Chris lost all of his humanity. This is a bad situation. Tom seemed like an okay guy. Now, to get him out of here, he'd have to be chopped to pieces. 'Obfuscate is an option. Unless they have the right chemicals here.'

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread