Dark Passenger , Cabochard , sumthingpositiv

Somewhere just beyond reach

A quick meal, a break-in, new clothes, a rental car, a day probably spent in sleep while being driven somewhere. When Chris checks on his connection with the other Vampire the next evening, he finds him and Aurora in a dimly lit root in what looks to be a posh hotel. The Kindred is sitting facing the window, Golden Bridge behind them. San Francisco. Anonymity.

Aurora sits opposite, her non-human nature all too apparent now. Pale translucent skin lets dark-blue veins shine through, blond hair has turned to pure white and her eyes are neon-green and seem to glow just a little. Perhaps it's that Chris has grown accustomed to the strange but her appearance doesn't seem unattractive. In fact, both the woman's beauty and strength of personality somehow seem more raw.

Clearly annoyed, the professor rattles her fingers on the table in front of her and pouts:

"Damn it, Taylor. We were so close! It will take fucking ages to find another ghost powerful enough for the ritual. And they got the dagger too. Do you think?.."

"No. Listen, I get it, I was there for everything", - the man's voice is raspy and somewhat bitter, - "Contacting them again is too much risk. They know what we are and know that we know what they are and it may be just enough for Asa Clarke to actually get off his luxuriously handsome ass once in a while and contact someone in the city we'll be staying in to "have a chat". We still have time, we'll have to start again. Find another artefact to channel Essence, find a powerful enough ghost to use it on. And this time we'll do everything ourselves."

"Says you, who needs to simply drink blood to stay alive forever while I have to study endlessly and fuck everything that moves", - she rises from the table, stretching like a cat, donning her human disguise in the process, - "Come on, we can't continue the experiments right away, so sex it is. Let's find some company and keep me going".

The beauty walks up to Taylor with a devilish smile and he gets up, offering her his hand.

The rest of the night is a drunken debauche with a multitude of partners that Chris might would have found quite interesting were he writing a book on sexual deviations and abuse of both natural and supernatural powers of persuasion.

Back in Sacramento

The Kindred were altogether very lucky that their team was lead by the Reeve because otherwise the clean-up would have taken quite a bit of resources. Things being as they are, both disposing of the corpses and securing Matthew's host body didn't pose too much of a problem.

Overall, the mission was a full success, even taking into account some loose ends. The butler still remained and needed to be memory-wiped, Ghouled or killed but that problem could be postponed for a short while. Moreover, once Matthew's direct goals have been achieved, he offered to be sent back to his own family even throwing the offer to shut the butler up, using his own powers.

Still, the Masquerade threat had been contained completely, fifteen thousand dollars ended up in Chris' possession as well as a book haunted by a powerful ghost and a man who has been through far too much with the team and probably through more while guarding Summers' house and answering to a spectre. Katya still held on to a dagger that Aurora was about to use in a ritual for some sort and that must have likely been important.

With the day over, it was up to the Kindred how to divide up the spoils.

Thank you for playing this plot and I hope it was fun despite my posting habits.

The extra stuff you got will shortly be reflected on your character sheets.

A note for DP: you should decide what to do with Matthew's host and him. I will be keeping the red until end of week to allow stuff to wrap up so hit me with what you would like to do. Details in your charsheet.