(Night Lightning) Giving and getting

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

OOC

Dark Passenger , Cabochard , sumthingpositiv

The University grounds are pretty much the same this time as the Kindred and one possessed butler arrive with the book. The moon and and stars shine brightly in the sky at the deserted grounds and the security checkpoint remains pretty much the same.

Last time, Chris came here with Konrad and Richard, not knowing what they were getting into, this time he is bringing two beautiful women and an occult nut-case in order to seal a Masquerade breach and make some money while doing it.

This thread is linked with the previous one. Vitae, Health and Willpower are retained. Please mention your mode of transportation and the equipment in your first post. Matthew is coming with if you are bringing the book as he can't be away from it for too long.

s
    sumthingpositiv

since they are driving to a public place rather than someone's private home, Katya drives her own car to campus, following Chris' vehicle if he chooses to drive and then parks her car in the nearest public guest lot to her location. Katya has her leather whip, rolled up and tucked inside the back of her pants, hidden under her hoodie she wears. Concealed inside the pocket of her hoodie is a 30 foot length rope, bundled up. Unlike the other rope in her duffel bag that is in the vehicle, this rope is the common type that is bought in a hardware store. Getting away with murder meant leaving nothing suspicious, and Shibari style rope raises more questions than she feels is necessary.

Once she steps out of her car, Katya scans the university, thinking back to her own time in college at U of M and thinks about the mentality of professors and their dedication to their research while she waits for Rina and Chris, bringing the color back to her face with the use of the vitae in her body.

-1 Vitae to activate blush of life

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The Unconquered Shadow approached the campus on foot, by contrast with the others. She didn't own a car, or really have any desire of going through all the paperwork of acquiring one, and a driver's license to be able to actually use it. Besides, walking was easier. Driving took concentration, being near explosions, and sometimes wasn't even faster than someone who could walk through the back alleys.

The Asp had brought her katana, of course, and her thick leather combat clothing. But, none saw the katana, no matter that it was large and attached to her back via a long strap. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that she had called the shadows to conceal her weapon, no effort at all would have been made to conceal it.

Rina spotted Katya, and after the first moment of her Beast rearing its head and demanding she rip the woman apart, use her hidden weapon to cut her in half, and her leashing it, Rina approached her. The Asp was already using her Vitae to falsify life, and even to enhance her strength. She held one trick to herself, however, not willing to throw away too much of her lifeblood yet.

The Shadow offered the Savage a look, no smile or even mild friendliness contained within. "Miss Harding."

5 suxx to Obfuscate her Katana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-04 14:35:47 Rina Yui rolls 6 to Obfuscate 1. (Wits + Larceny + Obf - Size Neg + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 3, 10, 9, 9, 6, 9 5 successes

-2 Vitae, to Blush and Vigor.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris arrived in his car, also taking Matt with him. He'd offerend him some fresh clothes, so that he would look more like a normal person, and not like a butler who'd been attacked and then possessed for a few days. Aurora shouldn't immediately get suspicious.

The Shadow was planning to use the same trick as last time. That's why he brought a large duffel bag with him. In that bag is the book, inside the small chest in which found it in. There are also keys, his phone, a mirror, just some metal things - next to his katana, very well obfuscated. A metal detector can detect all it wants, but no guard would be looking specifically for this.

'Hello.' He says as they've all reunited. 'Mind you, there are metal detectors. In case they can't find something... an early age shoulder operation is a plausible excuse.' Chris is hoping to be able to keep his promise to Aurora. Alarms may go off, but there would be no prybars now.

'Are we ready?'

Obfuscate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-05 18:29:03 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 7, 10, 7, 3, 7, 9 2 successes

-1 vitae for Blush.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

s
    sumthingpositiv

While she waits for hte others, Katya's thoughts are interrupted with feelings of hate and rage towards Rina as she greets her but Katya is able to keep her composure through tensing her neck and looking up to give Rina a nod of her head. "Miss Yui."

It's when she sees Chris she nods to him as well and then listens to him explain the layout of the building they are about to enter. At the mentioning of metal detectors, Katya curls her lip and thinks about the two items she has stashed on her person. Rope I can say I'm going camping and need it to hang clothes...whip might take some creativity. I'm Indiana Jones cosplaying?

"My..equipment isn't metal, but if security insists on searching me physically it might raise questions." she says. "If the guards don't take their jobs as seriously as TSA agents, I'm good to go. Otherwise, I may need to drop my whip off in my car since I can't exactly conceal it from plain sight." this is her first time assisting the Reeve, and the last thing she wants to do is surprise him with some sort of bumfuckery.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

As they walk inside the gatehouse, Chris sees a familiar face - Tom is standing next to the guard and chatting. After the Reeve, the young man cheerfully waves for him to come over:

"Oh, tonight is going to be so great - I'm assisting the professor, you know?"

Of course, as soon as the Kindred pass through the metal detector, it freaks out completely on Chris and Rina - katanas aren't exactly wooden toothpicks. The guard - a huge well-built black man - gets up from his chair in alarm. He addresses them with a deep frown searching the length of their bodies for anything metal that might be concealed.

"I'm sorry sir, lady, but if you want to pass I will need to search you".

All the while, Matthew stays in the background, not getting in the way.

You can throw social rolls and Blood powers of your liking at the guard to stop him from searching Chris and Rina. Use teamwork if you work together. Faking an old injury and surgery is Pre + Subt. Rationalizing with him him you have nothing metal on you and the equipment must be malfunctioning is Man + Pers. Powers are powers.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Good old Tom, how wonderful. 'Hey there! That is good to hear.' Chris forces himself to smile.

But first there's the matter of the guard. 'Of course. I think I put everything in my bag, except my belt perhaps.' He gives the duffel bag to the guard, than he's ready for inspection.

As noted in my previous post, Chris has most of the stuff in a bag. there's some very obvious metal, and the box.
    However, I can still assist Rina if she wants
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Of course, the damn metal detectors. Why did humanity have to be so advanced these days? Rina remembered a time back when they didn't have any fancy machinery to poke through illusions. She offers the guard a polite, forced smile. "I apologize for not warning you beforehand. I have a shoulder injury - I was shot and part of it was rebuilt. It has troubled me for a long time, especially with metal detectors."

Chris Wooding Dark Passenger
    Yes please! I'll toss up my rolls after you do the Teamwork.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris, the innocent good guy, gives the guard an apologetic shrug. 'Oh, I guess I should have told Professor Hitwick, I'm sorry. Last time an assistant of mine tried to sneak a prybar inside...' He disappointedly shakes his head while thinking about it.

'I promised no alarms would go off this time, but I forgot about the injury.'

That's 3 dice for you
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 10:41:34 Chris rolls 4 to A little lie (10 Again) 10, 5, 3, 9, 8 3 successes

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya just stays off to the side, remaining silent as she watched her colleagues deal with the guard. She thinks to say something to add to the deception that Chris and Rina are trying to pull off but then decides that anything she says will probably complicate things. When Chris mentions the prybar, Katya makes sure not to give off a look of surprise despite being shocked that whoever came last time actually thought they could get away with sneaking a prybar in. "Well the fact that the Reeve is here a second time means that it wasn't a complete disaster. Let's hope that that's the case this time. she thinks.

To help ease tension she turns to Tom and asks "So is this your first time working with the professor or do you always assist her in research?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread