Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1504) Josephine and Kenneth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

"So," the Lady intoned grimly, once she'd sunken back down upon one of the Elysium's couches. "Kenneth. Why have you come to Sacramento? I'm afraid that you shall find your stay here a lonely one, even with God in your heart."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy hesitated slightly before taking a seat as well. It was one of those strange contrary social protocols. Did you remain standing to show respect, or did you sit so that you weren't constantly looking down on them? There was no right answer, especially for Gilroy. So he decided to go with what would ease the conversation. Her comment before rankled him a little too. He doubted there was much he could do to change her opinion of 'how well he'd taken to submission'. The fact also remained if he did manage it, it could seem an affront that he had raised above his station. Again, no right answer.

"I was recently released from my Sire's service, ma'am," Kenneth explained "and I moved here when I secured a position at the university as a research fellow." Plus Sacramento was about as far from Boston as you could get, that had been a bonus both Tabitha and he had agreed on. Though he suspected she also had hoped he might perish on the drive here.

He cocked his head to one side at her other comment. A vertebrae popped, causing his neck to jerk slightly to one side.

"You're speaking about the Sanctified's lack of numbers." he said with the grating buzzing tone of a question lingering on the edge of the statement. He remembered Angel had only been able to name two members. Three including him. The other option was Sterling had already made up her mind about him and intended to leave him to the wolves.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

3. Likes West, Wod.Infant, Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Indeed I am, Kenneth. This city has long had an absence of those who heed the words of Longinus. Before me, the Bishop had served his post alone, with no flock to guide. That has not changed. Aside from me there have been two others who were Sanctified, and one who sought to join us, but the prospect was killed and the other two have since left for fairer fields. So, it is just you and I who hold to God in this city. Therefore, I have a very important question for you: what are your thoughts on the devil?" Josephine inquired, her dark eyes fixed intently and unblinking upon Kenneth. Light faintly played off of the irises, their shine like that of two pieces of jet set within a sculpture of pale marble.

5. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth’s eye brows raised a little at hearing her explain the state of the covenant. Not even three. Then there was the fact that the prospective convert had been killed. He would have liked to know more about how that had occurred but Josephine was already moving on.

Kenneth had to admit the covenant was weak. It put him with very little support by way of the church. Had Tabitha known about the Lancea here when she had picked Sacramento from among the options he and his grandsire had presented. He doubted it. More likely it was just bad luck. He could imagine Sterling felt much the same way. Going from being the only Sanctified to having a lowly Nosferatu for company. Not exactly something that helped someone’s faith he was sure. However, all things considered, this could be good for Kenneth. It effectively placed him as second in command. He had never really considered rising through the ranks of the Sanctified very far due to his curse. Now though… if he could leverage this and should the covenant ever recover numbers, he could maintain a higher position than he might otherwise have been able to hope for if the church had been stronger to begin with. He’d have to brush up on his theology.

Speaking of which, it seemed he was suddenly in for a test he hadn’t studied for. At least he had clothes on.

“He’s very similar to the vampiric state in many ways. Damned as a rebel against God but his actions serve the greater plan. I’d go so far as to say he’s necessary in some respects. Such as in the Garden of Eden, without his influence Adam and Eve would not have known carnal sin and been unable to multiply as God commanded. In a more general role, he acts as The Adversary and serves to test faith through temptation and causing suffering. Faith without difficulty is weak and often hardship is what drives many to God.”
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes West, Wod.Infant, Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Ah, Kenneth, it seems that you are who I've been waiting for!" Josephine declared with uncharacteristic furvor, a fierce, fanged smile blossoming over her features. "Together, there might be a chance for us to salvage the Lancea Sanctum's standing in Sacramento. Indeed, there might be a chance for us to even make it exist in the first place. So, I have another question for you. Would you consider yourself up to the task of spreading the word of the first Black Mass which shall be in this city in over a year? It shall happen on the 24th. All are welcome to attend, and I shall post an announcement soon. I find that word of mouth helps our Kind remember to check the announcements, however."

9. Likes West, Wod.Infant liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Sterling’s smile was… more than a little fearsome to the lesser Beast mind. If Gilroy had had saliva to swallow, he probably would have gulped. It was also off-putting to Gilroy to have some say that he was who they had been waiting for. He couldn’t help but think she meant he would be a good pawn. The amount of emphasis spoke more to sincerity though. However, that still made it a strange statement to Gilroy’s ears. At the same time, it was vindicating to be appreciated.

“Of course. However I may best serve the Sanctified,” he replied. He did his best to sound confident but the curse had its way and his voice came out small instead. The lack of control he often had over his own body language and inflection could be frustrating on occasion. This time maybe there was more of his own thoughts than usual. Being asked to proselytize and convince people was the last thing Gilroy would have ever expected someone to want him to do. He felt he might need some other way to be useful if she took the tone of his voice to be hesitation or uselessness.

“The location, I assume, will be in the announcement?” Kenneth asked for confirmation “And do you any assistance securing the sacrament, ma'am. I might be able to procur some chemical incapacitating agents," he offered. They did wonders when trying to get someone not to struggle. Not as effective as on crime dramas. They tend to work better when the subject is inebriated. He imagined he could find some among the city’s homeless that might fit the description. In a pinch he could also see about ordering some rats for an ‘experiment’ but he’d rather not risk his job on something like that. Not till he was better situated at least.
    Mask of Tranquility

PRE

"Hmm. Better yet that you just inform them that an announcement has been posted," Josephine decided after a brief moment of reflection and re-examination of Kenneth. "You are new, and cannot be expected to know the location of our Holy place in this city yet. Simply informing anyone you happen across that an announcement for one has been posted will suffice. As for the Sacrament, I could use your assistance. If you would care to choose the Sacrament, I would be most grateful, though I will not require any assistance in securing it. Such are God's gifts, after all."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy bowed to Josephine's will and perhaps wisdom in regards to him bringing others into the fold. It hurt but he couldn't deny his Clan made him ill equipped for the task.

He kept his eyebrows firmly in place, despite the urge to raise them. He didn't know a lot about gifts of the Blood outside of his own intimate knowledge. He would have been interested in questioning her more on what she meant but he knew how jealously such things could be guarded. Instead he turned his mind to thinking about what type of person she might wish him to hunt down. Kenneth had little doubt this was another test of some sort. What would his choice say about him?

"Yes ma'am, I will find a suitable Sacrament" he replied "How would you like me to contact you once I have?"
    Mask of Tranquility

13. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"I do believe that a phone will suffice," Josephine replied. "My number will be included on the announcement. Now then, go, spread word and I shall do the same."

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

"Of course," he said bowing again. It only served to reinforce how far below her he was. "Thank you for your time. Priscus Sterling."

Kenneth returns to the main thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread