Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 59
DISPLAYED
(Invisible Hands) Face Time

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

PRE

A frown settles in on Gerald's face; his disappointment evident. He stands slowly from his seat and sets his hands on the table's edges, giving some suggestion of a commanding pose after his failure to sway them.

"We will give this some thought. Would you mind if the three of us take slight recess to discuss things?" He indicates the two Shadows with a turn of his head to both of them, eyes alighting on each of theirs and searching for approval. "We won't keep you waiting long. This I promise." He smiles at them cordially. One little setback is not about to dissuade the likes of Gerald.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Ranger nodded. His companion smiled, eyes flickering between them uncomprehendingly.

"That is acceptable. It will give everyone a chance to freshen up. Can I organise refreshment while we break?"

Ehtar moved. Leaning close to Ranger, he murmured something quietly. The tubby man nodded and rose from the table. "We will be in the main area," he announced.

The Society group leave the Kindred. Refreshment will be provided if the Kindred accept.

C
    Casitive

David looks at the closed door once the Society leave. “The deal they offer is hardly a good one,” the Shadow's voice is bland, stating the obvious. Knowing who owns the Lily, David declines any refreshment for himself.

I think we should break for the evening and meet again. How would,” the question is posed to Rina and Gerald, “being a 'special consultant' help us? To me, it feels as though they are simply holding us at arm's length.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"Every journey begins with but a single step." Rina nods sagely. "It is not what we wanted, but it is better than what we had. A foot in the door, as they say." Rina folds her hands together and leans against the table, staring at them. "Splitting up to reconvene later may be a good idea. They may contact us about doing something, or give us something to get into the organization."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Gerald politely declines any refreshments, eyes following Ranger as he departs. Alone with his fellow Kindred, he returns his attention to them again.

"I suppose you are right. It seems unlikely we will be able to get more from them tonight. Perhaps I underestimated them. Or maybe he just wanted not to disappoint this Ehtar." If I could have gotten Hunter alone... The thought bears mentioning in light of his recent failure to smooth talk the Society. "A more 'direct' approach might have worked, if that woman and Ehtar hadn't been here. Perhaps there will be other opportunities. So... we are going to accept their offer and wait for them to contact us." Another statement that had already been made, but Gerald is more than a little frustrated by the outcome. All he needs now is a lack of communication...

C
    Casitive

That is so,” David acquiesces finally, “it is something, as Madam Yui says. An olive branch. We will see what will happen after.” Of course, the seed of Khan has been planted. Successes are measured in little steps rather than in large ones, after all.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"Excellent." The Shadow rose slowly, stepping towards the exit. "Then I will see you whenever they deign to call us in. Remember, be patient. We have eternity to wait, if that is what it takes."

Close it up?
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Gerald nods, conceding the point. "I will inform them that their offer has been accepted and give them our contact information, then. Since I offered to take point on negotiations, it only makes sense that I still be present for sealing the deal." He stands again, eyeing the main area where Ranger and Co. are waiting for them.

"We will be in touch." he says to the departing Rina, forcing a smile with what little patience he has left. Turning to give the other Shadow an inquisitive look, he asks "Do you have any other business to attend to before we depart? If not... go on and enjoy the rest of your evening. I will stay here and play cleanup." As he speaks, he jots down the other Kindreds' numbers on one of his own business cards.

That being settled, Gerald makes his way from the booth to the main area. Looking for the rotund business man and avoiding looking Ehtar in the eye, he calls out to them. "My companions and I have decided to accept. We will operate as consultants, for now. It would be good for both parties to see how well we work together in a trial run, no? Perhaps after we establish a working relationship we can revisit the idea of signing on more permanently." He offers Ranger first his business card, then a hand to seal the deal.

Sure, wrapping it up on my end.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Ranger, seated at the bar (well away from the dowdy woman) was swirling a glass of scotch when Gerald made his approach. Eyes narrowed with suspicion greeted him at first. They warmed - first with surprise and then with a mix of relief and victory - as the Lord offered his news.

Ranger swaps business cards with Gerald and returns the proffered hand; his grip is solid and dry.

"Of course. Of course. I hope that this will be the beginning of a fruitful partnership. For both parties. Will you drink with me to our success?"

And so we fade to black, as our imaginary camera zooms out from "Twice Dead" and Lawyer Dude at the bar.

As the scene closes so does the Invisible Hands story arc. Thank you all for participating The Society of Penelope will return...

10. Likes West, Cabochard, Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread