Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(0315 CoD) L'aire and Finn

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

“Did you just say Jello?” L’aire was bewildered. All the more reason to stay away from the food table and punch. Was he on something?

The Onyx could only blink a few times, attempting to conjure the thought of the Freehold bouncing around in… lime jello. “You’re kidding, right?” The Dancer didn’t really catch on to satire very well. It wasn’t that she was super serious, nor that she didn’t like humor, it was just not something she caught onto relatively quick.

Again, the cliché’s went over her head. A clear ‘what’ expression like a becon on her face. “I don’t think I know that uh, devil you know, thing…” L’aire was starting to feel like Nathan described her; stupid. “The grass one I do.” Doubtful she was saving herself with that.

God, this is going swimmingly. Why do I bother having conversations at all? I open my mouth and garbage comes out.

L’aire was frustrated, with herself, not Finn. He was attempting to be sweet or funny. Looking over to Kyle again, she shook her head. “Uh, no. He’s talking to another of his Court. I’ll congratulate him later.”

Sighing, she wondered if that was a hint. “If you want to go talk to him, you can. I’m sorry I’m not the easiest to uh, talk to. I understand.” The Fairest shrugged softly, not upset at him. She’d come to terms with the fact she was difficult recently.

Really recently. And there were only two areas that she didn’t feel awkward at all.

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn can't help but watch the woman's confusion with a bit of bemused guilt. He finally drops the game of verbal sparring, shaking his head softly as the woman apologizes. "Yes, I'm joking lass. And It's not your fault, it's mine. I was born with an over-abundance of words, and I sometimes let myself get carried away. I'll remember to keep my phrasing more literal in the future."

He returned the other Fairest's shrug, watching the events of Court over one shoulder. "I don't need to talk to him, but I should probably go check in with the rest of the Emerald Court and make sure they don't need me for anything else tonight."

Finn takes a step back from the woman and offers her a polite bow, finally turning at lest semi-serious in the conversation. "A pleasure to meet you, L'aire; I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening. And good luck tonight."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer shook her head and still spoke. “No, I’m just not so quick with that stuff.” She pursed her lips, not sure what else to say, or even how to rescue the conversation. “Its okay though. I pick it up eventually.” Well, not really.

L’aire looked over to Kyle Ferlen again then back to Finn. “Yeah, probably get caught up with them, or uh, yeah.” She tried to sigh gently to herself, but it may not have worked.

“Yes, you too, Finn. Good meeting you.”

L’aire was a bit disheartened. It was as if they had a complete clash of personalities. She didn’t think there was anything wrong with the Horned Fairest. It was definitely her fault.

Good luck?

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He approached the two as carefully as a bobcat stalking a deer. Which, on second thought, was an unfortunate comparison. So he did his best to straighten up and look as little threatening as possible as he came close to Sasha and the other guy, whoever he was. He acknowledged the Spring Courtier with a head tilt.

"Don't believe we've met. Name's Nathan."

Introductions done with, he quickly turned to the reason he'd come.

"Hey, Sasha. Long time no see," he didn't try to sound kind. It would probably have come off as fake. "You have a minute? I'll be quick. Promise."

S
    Sasha

As Finn was walking away, L’aire caught sight of the Hunterheart. A sudden sinking in the pit of her stomach was either from lack of food or drink, or because of Nathan. It was probably a combination, since he was just walking up after a botched conversation with the Fairest.

Winter was far too good for me this year. This is my karma.

“Hello, Nathan.” The Dancer said timidly. She was already against the green walls of the court yard, L’aire couldn’t back up further unless she jumped.

Her violet eyes were already defeated tonight as she looked at the Leaden man. His breeze nearly matching the chill of her own. The Fairest’s arms moved behind her back, hands held themselves preparing for what she’d heard from Nathan already. Nodding softly, she agreed. “Okay.”

Less talk, less likely to say something stupid. It wasn't Finn's fault she didn't catch things.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He took a deep breath. Suddenly, that elusive teenage nervousness seemed to have struck him again. It was the kind of embarrassment you got in dreams where you were naked in front of a whole crowd. He decided to take it as a good sign.

"I think we, ah... I, may have started on the wrong foot," he tried looking at her directly and failed. Instead, he settled for admiring the decorations in the nearest buffet table. "The night we met, well, uh..." c'mon, boy, you can do this. "I was... I probably came across as... Well, what I am. But I don't... you know, I-I don't like what I am, that's the thing. So I'd like to be something else for a change."

He offered his hand in reconciliation and looked at her face furtively.

"So I'm sorry. I shouldn't have... You're pretty great. You know that, right? Don't let assholes tell you... treat you otherwise. Even if that asshole is me."

7. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Ciara Maskelyne

As he leaves, Finn offers L'aire a polite bow of the head, then returns Nathan's before heading back to the rest of Court.

S
    Sasha

Stunned.

The Onyx was stunned to the point she felt time stop briefly. Most people had a backwards way of apologizing. Saying something that sounded like they intended, but wasn’t an actual apology.

The Leaden Hunterheart wasn’t following this pattern. In fact, she would have bet money that he would be one of those types.

L’aire hadn’t realized her lips had slightly parted, perplexed to the apology and sudden change.

The Dancer’s hand rose gingerly, looking to see if someone was watching and there were bets placed. The Fairest looked back to him, her fingers tentatively reaching to meet his. Other than the fact Nathan was a man, L’aire didn’t know what he meant by ‘what I am’.

“May I ask what you think you are?” She asked gently, since he’d apologized and wanted to change whatever he thought he was. The Dancer needed to know before she could verbally forgive him.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I... Well, I'm an asshole," he smiled weakly. "Don't think I've ever put anything on the line for someone else, but I've screwed others plenty. I always thought I could be better but..." he put both hands in his pockets. "Guess I never could quite beat my more... base nature."

He forced himself to look at her in the eyes. Oh, yeah, she was beautiful. And entirely too pure. Did she have a "base" nature? He somehow doubted it. He somehow envied her.

"When I got to town... I was feeling like crap about myself. More so than usual. When I was out there, or even in... that other place, I never had reason to question my worth, or much of anything. Beasts have... other concerns. Simpler ones. So when I got here..." yet another deep breath. He looked down to his shoes. "It's not even my thing, y'know? Picking up girls in dive bars, or anywhere else. I-I guess I just tried to use you. To... to make myself feel better. I shouldn't have. I'm really, really sorry. If there's any way I can make up for that..."

He must look like a guilty puppy, he realized. The comparison unsettled him. Only too late did he realize that it must seem like he was trying to make her pity him, and he cleared his throat and looked around awkwardly, trying to dispel the image from his mind.

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle walks up, with his vest still slung over his shoulder, till he's close enough to the unexpected pair to see them. I'll be damned... it is Nathan. The Minstrel had pretty much forgotten the earlier unpleasantness that had made him walk away. Once he falls into that 'performing' mode, he tends to focus on the moment. Perhaps for the better, considering the circumstances.

He walks in close enough to talk in a low, quiet voice. "Sasha. This guy botherin you?" he says, too kindly and softly to sound like a serious accusation; he's almost certain the Hunterheart is not. Nathan looks more like a kid confessing to breaking a window. He gives his friend a small smile, hoping the joke isn't taken to heart. "I hope I didn't walk into somethin real serious. I could... give you another minute." Thinking about it now, he isn't so sure that's not a good idea. He tilts his head slightly and looks imploringly at Sasha, hoping she would either explain or ask him for a moment of privacy.

13. Likes Gwydden liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.