Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(0315 CoD) L'aire and Finn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire was observing and breathing in the fresh blossoming flowers. The ones that stayed hidden through the long Winter months, aching to come out from hiding. The chill around her made it difficult to want to touch the beautiful buds, afraid they would wilt and fall away.

The horned man came upon her. Pivoting, she saw the wing tips from his back. She smiled softly, shaking her head. “Oh, well, there are people at the bar and the buffet. It’s their turn to shine.” The Onyx didn't really want to say why she didn't want to go to either area. Now wasn't really the time. She did catch the buzzing sounds of the season from the Fairest. “And yours too.”

The Dancer set out her graceful aquiline hand toward the Irishman. “My name is L’aire. Sasha away from places like these.”

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn glanced over his shoulder, turning his attention momentarily to the two groups the woman has spoken about. He can't quite suppress a chuckle as he turned his head back to the Dancer; likewise shaking his head. "Very true. But then, there's allowing others to bask in the limelight, and then there's purposely avoiding it..." He raised a questioning eyebrow to the woman; wondering if the other Changeling cared to elaborate on which motivated her.

His eyebrow cocked a few millimeters higher as she included him in that statement. "Who, me? Ahh, I'm no one important; just an aimless drifter that decided to stay in town for a while. Mainly because no one seems motivated to find a proper rail to ride me out on." He gave the striking woman a playful wink before turning a little more serious.

"Buuuuuut... I would be remiss in my duties as a member of the Emerald Court if I didn't do my best to insure everyone was enjoying themselves tonight. Of course, if your idea of a good time is roaming the fringes of a party by yourself; just tell me to piss off and I'll join the other patrons of the liquid libations; I'm flexible."

He reached out to take the offered hand, but couldn't help an involuntary flinch as his fingers drew close to her's. The chilly aura around the Dancer might have given a hint to the woman's chosen Season, or it might have been simply one of the innumerable side effects the Lost exhibited from their time on the Other Side. Either way, it was unexpected but not completely unpleasant; and Finn was surprised to find the chill extended even to the woman's flesh.

He offered L'aire a polite hand shake; figuring it was the safest option for a greeting. "A pleasure, L'aire. I'm Finn, here and everywhere else. Haven't done anything grand enough to inspire a proper nickname, and I'm not creative enough to come up with one on my own. Of course, I've also met folk who've earned them for being grandly stupid, so I suppose a single name might not be such a bad thing."

S
    Sasha

For hardly meeting this Fairest before, she was surprised at all the talking. More so how eloquent his accent sounded and how well put together his sentences were for just suddenly wandering up and speaking to her.

“What? I’m not avoiding it…” L’aire blinked, even though it may have been slightly the truth.

The ‘rail to ride me’ really caught the Fairest’s attention particularly with the added wink. It sounded like an innuendo, but she was never really good at those. “Oh, I see. So you travel by train frequently?” A singular shrug for her further inquiry.

Shaking her head, L’aire put up her hand. “No, no, you don’t need to leave. I’m just saying I didn’t quite fit in with column A or column B.” A slightly nervous tone in her chuckle. “But if you want to partake the bar stuff, that’s okay. I mean, you don’t have a duty to entertain me if you don’t want to.” The Dancer was a little confused but still went with whatever the Fairest was saying.

Finally, he said his name. “Good to meet you Finn. L’aire was the only name I knew to call myself for a while. My former name is well, taken. It was known in many circles of dance and, uh well, you know how it goes.” But did he know? Or would he suddenly think that was a stupid reason.

Ciara Maskelyne

"I didn't say you were. Merely... advancing possibilities is all." He answered the woman's statement with an a mused shrug, letting the point die away without another thought.

His amusement quickly turned to confusion at the Dancer's next words; the Fairest's brow furrowing ever so slightly. "What? Uhh, no I didn't mean that kind of... Never mind, it's not important. What is important, at least tonight, is that everyone has a chance to enjoy themselves. That's sort of the point of the festivities after all. So it's not really my duty to entertain, so much as my pleasure.

Besides, there's plenty of booze in the world; but there are only so many enchanting women to speak to. And I might not have much, but I'd like to think I have my priorities straight."
    The Incubus is soon back to his previous joviality; nodding his head slightly as L'aire explains her nom de guerre.

"I can understand that; you're not the first of our kind I've meet that found themselves in a similar situation after coming back from Over There. I guess I'm lucky I popped out on this side of the Atlantic rather than back home. That could have been a difficult situation to explain..." If Finn had understood the woman's words correctly, it probably wasn't a happy event to change her name and identity. Thankfully, a musical interlude provided a natural change of topic; and Finn turns towards Kyle Ferlen and gives the other Emerald Courtier his full attention.

He wasn't sure if the bare-chested performance was meant to be a display of vulnerability or simply the natural showmanship of a performer; either way the boy had a set of pipes on him. As the song drew to a close, Finn offered his sincere if respectfully subdued applause in the other Fairest's direction, then slowly turned his attention back to L'aire.

"So, have you decided to partake in tonight's lottery? I'm eager to see what desires the Freehold's members are willing to submit for consideration. I haven't been around long, so it should be enlightening to see what motivates everyone."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer grinned apologetically. Meeting people was always hard for her. How they didn’t realize she didn’t connect things at first. “Well, I’m sure I will enjoy myself. It may not look it, but I generally do at these gatherings.”

Shaking her head, she looked down smiling at his compliment. Returning her violet eyes to the Fairest’s face. “Well, I’m glad you have them straight.”

When Finn said where he came out, L’aire nodded. “You just have to ‘figure out’ something in that situation. Sometimes the realization of your real life is gone, can be just as frightening as Arcadia was for some.” The Dancer had just finished talking when she saw a particular Spring walking to perform.

Having never seen him with his shirt off before, her violet eyes studied his bare torso. The vines and foliage were not entirely new, they were on his hands. He was lucky that was all they did to him in the hedge. Others had had far worse changes. Of course, L’aire’s attention was fully on Kyle Ferlen when he sang. It sent shivers down her spine. The Minstrel’s voice rang through her ears and captivating her attention. Not only was he a great singer, but the Dancer heard every word.

Every… single… word…

She wasn’t exactly sure how to feel. Not about you. Was he singing this to her? Was this merely a coincidence? Not about you. The Fairest hadn’t noticed that she may have been stand-offish with him, until now. Then again, maybe it wasn’t about her. Not about you. It suddenly felt conceded to think he’d focus anything on her with the entire Freehold watching. It was a Winter’s thought. One she dealt with any time she danced. Maybe it was about conquering their Keepers or, something. L’aire had to believe it wasn’t about her. Because it wasn’t, it was about Spring.

Applauding with everyone else, in a normal fashion, the Dancer’s face may have still been perplexed unknowingly. Quickly she snapped back into focus and processed what Finn had just said. “Oh, uh, yes, I did. Earlier tonight. I’m uh, not sure it can happen. And I understand if it doesn’t. I’m not greedy. Besides, there are probably more fun ones to fulfill I’m sure.”

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn can only nod at the other Fairest's words. "I'm glad to hear it. I've learned people can have very different ways of finding enjoyment."

He let his words trail off, letting the woman enjoy the performance that seemed to transfix her.He couldn't bring himself to interrupt another's enjoyment of a show; but there seemed to be more to her single-minded focus on the song. Perhaps it spoke to something inside her; the musician in him hoped Kyle knew how much his song had touched at least one member of the Freehold. Finn could think of no better compliment.

He waits patiently until L'aire comes out of her entrancement. "You know, I'm a little perplexed by the whole thing. I've never actually partaken in one; either as a submitter or a participant. Should be an interesting experience either way." He cocks an amused eyebrow up at her words, wondering what the woman had asked for.

"Ahh, don't be so hard on yourself lass; you're as deserving as anyone else. Besides, who doesn't like a challenge, especially when it's for a fellow member of the Freehold. Unless you asked for the impossible; like being a better cook than Ms Rosemary..."

S
    Sasha

L’aire, for a while, forced herself to enjoy whatever she encountered. Finding actual happiness after she returned was not an easy task. There were moments she had to fool herself into thinking she was. Of course, there were surprises along the way. Those surprises had no tricks, but actually made her smile... and then some.

Gently shaking her head. “I’ve never witnessed it either. I didn’t know it was a thing.” Looking to Finn with curious violet eyes. “So, you haven’t decided if you will submit yourself?” The man’s charisma didn’t seem like he would want for anything that would require someone else’s aid.

“Well, I may have asked for the impossible.” L’aire shrugged her shoulders gently. “But, nothing that drastic.” Chuckling softly, the Fairest replied. “I don’t know if whishing to be like someone else is ever a good idea.”

The Fairytales that had those notes in were more like legends to her. A story to remind them all the dangers of wishing like that.

Ciara Maskelyne

"From what I understand, it's sort of... our way of giving back to the community I suppose? Besides, everyone could use a little bit of happiness in their life." Finn could think of one or two members of the Freehold that could do with more than a little, but decides not to mention any particular opinions to the other Fairest. When the topic turned to if Finn put his name in, the man shakes his head to the negative.

"No, I didn't. It didn't seem right for me to compete in my own Court's contest. Besides, what self-respecting Spring will admit to not being able to get what they want?" He shot the Winter Courtier a playful wink, nodding softly at her words. "Always better to be yourself, you're right. Lord knows I have enough trouble managing my own life; I wouldn't want someone else's problems.

And who knows, even if your desire isn't granted tonight, there might ye be hope. The Emerald Court is always willing to help those who seek to fulfill their desires..."

S
    Sasha

“Oh, I guess I can see that.” Nodding to Finn’s description of what his Court was actually doing. There was a first time for everything, she thought.

“Well, that’s a fair point, I think.” She returned his wink with a light grin. Pausing her everything, L’aire froze. She didn’t realize it was a… what? “Wait, contest? This was a competition?” Suddenly unsettled with the way she phrased her submission, even if she spent hours rewriting it.

The Dancer then shook her head. “No, I wouldn’t look at it that way Finn. We all need to help one another after dealing with Them. Sure, be yourself, but if you need help or need anything, you shouldn’t feel like you can’t ask.” The Winter didn’t really understand his logic, but, it may have been Fairest logic as well. Something she also didn’t quite grasp at times.

“Hope…” A curious smirk on her lips. “But, it depends on what those desires are, right?” Her blonde head tilted slightly toward the Irish Fairest.

In her gaze, she saw Kyle Ferlen for a moment, talking to the fiddle player. It was doubtful he could see her, but L’aire couldn’t help but wonder if he submitted anything.

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn can't help but notice the pause in the woman's words and hint of concern in her voice. He realized he had chosen the wrong phrasing for what was to come, but he can't resist egging the other Fairest on just a little longer. "Oh yes, didn't they explain the rules when they called for submissions? The night goes to whoever can conquer that most sacred of Spring Court rituals: clothing-optional jello wrestling; last pin wins.

I hope you're not allergic to artificial lime flavor?"
    Finn isn't sure if the Winter Courtier was going to laugh or slap him; either way he considered it worth it as he tried his best to keep from breaking down into laughter at the end. He quickly returns to being serious, or at least as serious as he could manage, nodding his head. "I didn't mean I wasn't willing to help others with their problems, just... better the devil you know than the one you don't; if that makes any sense. A sort of "the grass is always greener" conundrum..."

He raises a curious eyebrow at her next remark, wondering just what the woman was smirking about. "Well, it's true we're better at granting some desires than others; I suppose it all depends on what you long for?" He watches as, not for the first time, her eyes move to Kyle. "Shall we go say hello? I'm sure you're not the only one that wants to talk to our latest performer..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.