Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris listens to Vivian and Josephine, and he cannot deny that he is impressed. The one comes with valuable information, and the other has already set a plan in motion.

'From what I gather, Khan can thus only come back if there are people to say those words. "Mustache man" suggests we kill her other servants? That seems like a logical step. Indeed, in open combat she appears too strong. But we will slowly strip her of her allies.'

'We have contact with this Society of Penelope then. Inflaming a conflict seems like a good way to start, however, we cannot simply hope that the Society is victorious, or that they will even do serious harm to each other.'
    Chris is not going to wait and see if he betted on the right horse. 'As soon as we've made both parties believe that they are actively working against each other, we can start assassinating Nefertiti's servants. Only she is under constant protection, after all.'

'Priscus Sterling, you and Priscus Regan can keep manipulating the Society of Penelope, meanwhile you have your contact in Khan's inner circle,' he turns from Josephine to Vivian as he says that. 'Together with Priscus Ducard's investigative skills we should be able to find out more about the servants' whereabouts. Then I kill them. A solid sketch of the plan so far?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

“I say, this is ingenious, if we can get this to work. Pitting one against another.”

“So, essentially, we’re going to make them strip each other down to nothing. When that is done, and they have no other ties, we will then take them out in some fashion.” A note of slight question, but she was positive she knew what the plan was.

Vivian slightly gagged, but this time verbally. “So… this means I must rendezvous with the Mustached man again.” If a Kindred looked like they may vomit due to something other than purging after eating Kine food, now was that moment.

“I’m certain I’ll have no trouble reconnecting with him. Hopefully he wasn’t so stupid as to say anything to Kahn.” About their ‘love affair that wasn’t there’. “Oh and by the by, I have a new phone number.” Jotting it down on the paper since there was no time for new cards. “I had to expend the other giving it to him. The number still works, but I won't have it with me every where.” The Daeva knew the tracing game rather well, it wasn't even on her person currently

Should I bother getting this bloke’s name next time?

PRE

"Well, if you are feeling so impatient and blood thirsty, Reeve, then I would suggest an alteration to your strategy. Perhaps to further inflame the conflict between these two organizations, organizations which are both enemies of the Domain as it were, if you posed as a traitor to Khan. That is to say, if you posed as one who has sided with the Society of Penelope against her. Such would doubtlessly incense her, and would not harm our plan if you are discovered as the assassin," Josephine suggested, black eyes studying the pagan across from her. That is, until Vivian's expression stole the Ventrue's attention away.

"Did he do something untoward, Vivian, or is this man merely as unsavory as his appearance?" Josephine inquired, her pale brow creasing.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris nods to reaffirm what Vivian said. 'Yes, so basically you'll be teaming up with Khan. Her Mustachioed friend can inform us, and give her the information we want. We should write down the details of our plan, but at some point you could tell him that some Kindred are working with the Society against her.'

He takes the piece of paper with her number, before turning to Josephine.

'I'm not sure where I was impatient, Priscus. Waiting until there is a conflict, so that every now and then we can take someone out without drawing attention to ourselves, sounds like a rather slow approach.' How on earth could they work together if she kept making such unfounded accusations.

Her next plan, he's curious to hear what exactly she's thinking. 'Would that not direct her attention towards the Domain again, instead of the Society? She has already caused trouble in the Chapter House, I wouldn't want her to destroy the farm, or even worse, an Elysium.' His office is here after all. If Khan finds him with a small army...
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

"The only reason why Khan would have knowledge of the Domain is because you alerted her to our society with your failed stunt at your precious farm," Josephine spat back, her dark eyes narrowing at the Shadow.

"After the failure of that plan, I severely doubt that you would be able to assassinate any of Khan's people without out alerting her and her apparatus to yourself and your murderous intentions. Then, by associations, you would doom the rest of us, and our part in the plan, as we have clearly demonstrated to her that we are part of the same community of worshipers. If you, however, distanced yourself from us, and instead connected yourself to her enemy, then it would not matter what you do. She would still trust us. Our cover, if you will, would remain intact. If you did not fake aligning yourself with the Society then you would risk us as well as yourself whenever you attempted to strike at Khan and her apparatus. Do you truly wish to do that, Reeve? I think it would be a most unnecessary risk." The hint of fang appeared as the Ventrue uttered the last words, changing the hiss of the sibilants which she spoke.

V
    Vivian York

Tension…

Who has the knife…

Vivian realized she’d eventually come to this rock and a hard place.

The Daeva had nothing to say, the look on her face to the both of them was clear. ‘Don’t let me bloody stop you.’

This was rubbish. They both had different views of the situation. Maybe they would see it, if not, then she would step in.

Neutral Zone, at least for the moment.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

At this point, Chris is not even offended anymore. In Court he was, just moments ago, he was. But slowly he starts to realize that this might be the rambling speech of a mad Ventrue. Or she's 'just' unreasonable.

The Reeve stares at Josephine and her venomous expression. Then, after a moment, he sighs. When a Kindred does that, it's just to show a loss of patience.

'I don't know why I continue to argue, but let me say a few things. Khan started investigating our society after you and some others raided her property in Mather. Before I even knew that this woman was threatening the Domain, she was already looking for Peter Baldwin. Then secondly, all I did was draw her out to a location as far away from the Domain center as possible. Only to learn from her, and make sure she doesn't see us as her enemy, for the time being. That doesn't sound as 'failed' at all.'

And even that assassination plan, they planned it together. Now he might be head-responsible as Reeve, but all these accusations are clear bullshit. And he will not tolerate them.

With a serious expression, he continues, 'Now, before you start arguing that I personally invited Nefertiti Khan to come to the Domain in the first place, can we please continue this conversation politely, without any nonsense. Like the adult Kindred officials we are.' Please is not an indication of kindness.

PRE

"Baldwin does not a gathering of kindred make, but that is beside the point," Josephine continued, blatantly ignoring the Reeve's taunt. "What I am speaking of now is your seeming disregard for the safety of the Kindred who fight against Khan as your allies. If you go about assassinating people left and right, while still maintaining a connection to us and the facade of loyalty to Khan, then you endanger all of us. Do you understand? It is far safer for everyone involved, as well as the fiction we wish to tell, if you distanced yourself from us. Because, as we saw with Baldwin's safe house, Khan is surprisingly good at uncovering information and I doubt that your murders would go unsolved, or unnoticed, for long."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian nearly spoke. Still, there was much to be said between the two of them. Who was right? Who was wrong?

She still said nothing. She couldn’t. One or the other would think she was siding with the other. Which wasn’t it at all, they were past the point of logic it seemed. And she was getting dreadfully irritated.

What was that American thing I saw. Fuck this shit o’clock? Yes, that would be fitting right now.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris mentally cringes. The only way to have a reasonable conversation with Josephine would be after someone cut her tongue out. And he's here for everyone's safety, so that's not an option.

He looks at Vivian, she's quite silent. How nice of her. But he wouldn't want her to have the Ventrue Priscus as an enemy as well.

'Very well.' The Shadow says calmly. He requested them to be polite, so someone would have to start. 'Shall I accompany Priscus Regan then, as he plans to give the amulet of Sekhmet to the Society. If I pretend to side with Ehtar, I might as well meet him.'

To be fair, Chris doesn't mind distancing himself from Josephine.

'Meanwhile, Vivian, you could contact your friend again, and ask about the whereabouts of Nefertiti's other allies. We need to know as much about them as possible.'

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.