Ended
Watch

(Noir) What Kahn We Do

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    V
    Vivian York

I hope to both of your Gods this is resolved.

Chris was right, she had done all she could do with this situation. A slow blink with a sage nod was all that was needed on the matter for now.

“Thank you, I will await word from you.” Hopefully in my ear while we’re busy…

Vivian’s eyes suddenly shot to Josephine. She wondered how long the list of ‘people I like’ was. The Lady probably had a good reason to think that. Yet because Angel was a Haunt, she probably felt the need to try harder. The Daeva wouldn’t fault her for that. Women were just as cutthroat as men in some respects.

“Infiltrating. Ah, a woman after my own heart.” Grinning, her shoulders and body made a squelching movement.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Very well,' Chris replies to Vivian with a smile, confident she'll be able to handle him.

Then, he is mildly surprised to hear Josephine's opinion on the Haunt Priscus. And it concerns him. For all he knows Angel Ducard is an intelligent woman. But maybe in some respects the two women are too similar to be able to work together.

'Oh really? Admittedly, I have not worked with her a lot. I just thought it would be better not to let anyone go to Nefertiti alone, and there are not so many familiar faces to accompany you.' That being only everyone who went to the farm.

'You can take someone else with you, if you prefer?' Surely Angel would not be offended, apparently the woman is quite busy. Chris is just not going to let Josephine go alone, to have her turn Nefertiti against him.

That'll be one easy way to dispose of me.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

"She appeared at the last planning session for this affair, knowing entirely nothing about it, and then only what had been said, having no first hand experience, and yet set out immediately to 'investigate' on her own. Such is an incredibly arrogant action, and I believe that it is endemic of her character," Josephine explained with an oddly stiff shrug. "Alas, she's all we have to work with, so work with her I will. Perhaps she will prove me wrong. As for taking someone else, I see no reason to involve any others in this matter. If you know of anyone, feel free, of course, to recruit them, but I know of none."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva needlessly sighed. “I dare ask what your first impression of myself was, Josephine.” Chuckling softly the question completely rhetorical. “Nonetheless, ambition can sometimes be confused with arrogance.” Her hand palmed upward and she shrugged a suggestion. Eventually it would come to fruition, but she wasn’t about to change her friend’s opinion. The Haunt would need to do that herself.

“Kindred can surprise us sometimes…” Her yes moved from Josephine to Chris. Still in disbelief that their distaste was temporarily settled.

“Speaking of accompanying people, perhaps you should suggest to Gerald Baker that he could be close by at the Sterling. Considering he was offering an olive branch the other night…”

Or his personal Carthian ‘member’, Vivian was fairly positive it was either. Perhaps he needed a little taste of Carthians, the Shaming. The poor bloke was trying to hard. She could relate to Josephine's thoughts about Angel, but until he was blatant about his arrogance, he would be amusing to observe.

PRE

"My first impression of you, Vivian, was that you were in over your head but were committed to helping nonetheless. Thankfully, I was quite wrong about the first supposition," Josephine divulged, hoping that, in this case, the honesty wouldn't harm their relationship.

"And as far as Baker goes, perhaps," she added simply.

Note: Baker is involved on the Penelope side of things already, I believe.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

While Josephine further explains why she thinks of Angel the way she does, Chris only listens and nods. He has to agree that it always annoys him when relatively new arrivals seem to think they can take matters in their own hands, as if they know this city. But now that the woman is also a Priscus, she should no longer be condemned for running things.

'Oh my only reason to look for someone else was if Priscus Ducard could no longer be involved. I don't there's a need to involve Gerald Baker in this. I'll let her know she will be working with you.'

Then it seems all plans are worked out. Josephine and Vivian seem to get along quite well. It's something he'd have to inform himself about later.

'Is there anything else to discuss?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Softly chuckling, “It’s quite possible I’m always in over my head. But sometimes you just have to try.” Smiling ear to ear looking at both the Lady and the Shadow. Risk was a factor in any Requiem. Tonight she’d taken a risk and made the two talk out their differences. Hopefully, they would go in the right direction, she wasn’t their bloody mother or sire after all.

Nodding to Chris, she raised a finger. “As long as you alert the Carthians I will be attending on an evening soon, I would be grateful. You never know if something went awry with my contact.”

Her hand then palmed away from here. “Hmm, I don’t believe I have anything else to discuss.”

All she could do now was hope and pray to one of their Gods. Or just yell God enough in bed, that would do the trick.

PRE

"I am quite satisfied," Josephine answered simply, "and I am glad that we were able to speak tonight. I wish you both bloody nights until we meet again."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I will.' He reassures Vivian.

Then Chris nods to Josephine, clearly agreeing with her statement. 'Let's keep each other updated then. Have a good night.'

Sorry for the delay. End scene then! Thanks

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.