Watch

(1504) Rina & Twist

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina looks up from the her silent observation of the room, surprised by the sudden descent of the Duchess. She looks her up and down, noting her appearance, and the fact that her Beast is stilled. Rina appreciates that - she has no desire to flee from the Elysium in a frenzy.

The Shadow bows deeply. "Your Grace, it is a pleasure. The evening has been as always, in the beginning, calm and uneventful." She pauses to take another look around, before returning her gaze to Twist. "How does the night find you?"
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist dips her head slightly in response to the bow. Nothing extravagant, but an acknowledgement of the other woman's action. "Such a beginning is not necessarily a bad thing and never does a start promise a similar end."

"For myself, not much different I will confess. And so it is that I have come here, seeking some interaction and excitement for the evening. If there is any to be had that is. If not, I will have to make do with finding pleasant company and continuing my work at discovering the state of the city,"
    she ends with a smile.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"Of course, Your Grace. A pleasant beginning can come to a less-than-pleasant end." Rina nods politely, restating things that were already said. "I am not entirely certain who, that is present tonight, you may find exciting to interact with, so I must leave that for yourself to decide." She takes a look around. Rina, of course, had no interest in talking to anyone there. They would probably just say something to make her want to hurt them. "If you wish more information as to the state of the city, as I stated previously, I am more than willing to assist."
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Gerald's ears catch a snippet of their conversation as he approaches. Something about information on the 'state of the city'. Now the desire to know begins to eat at him. Keeping the competitive nature of his Beast under control - thanks in part to his previous encounters with Rina - he announces his presence.

"Rina. You sound so helpful! Maybe you will be giving tours soon, like little Martha?" His eyes search for those of the other as he speaks: the delicate beauty who's Beast is conveniently hidden. "But how rude of me! I am Gerald Baker. A new, but not-so-new representative for the Movement in Sacramento." All smiles now, as his curiosity fixes on Twist. "What might your name be?"

PRE

"I suspect it is a dire mistake to compare the errant Villiers to Madame Yui," Josephine chided, striding into the conversation. "Do not let your enthusiasm overcome your sensibility Mr. Baker. It would be a shame to lose one of my family to Monomacy. Speaking of which, congratulations Madame. I am sorry that I missed it," the Priscus imparted with a bow of her head. "And I apologize for interrupting your conversation," she continued, this time turning her dark eyes upon Twist. "I simply did not wish to lose the opportunity to impart my congratulations to the victor, here, or to fail to make your acquaintance."

A
    Angel Ducard

"Gerald, sooner or later your Roguishness will get you into trouble."

I sway into the conversation slowly, keeping a polite distance as I do. More for Gil's benefit then my own. I know how quickly I wanted to drive a heal into his throat, I cannot imagine how quickly those who are not accustomed to the curse of the haunted ones will want to exterminate him.

"Good Evening to you all." I say politely as I approach, making sure to not interrupt anyone's conversation, but announce myself during a pause. "Congratulations on your victory Ms. Yui. Hello Priscus Sterling." This returned one, her grace, she seems revered by Ms. Yui judging by the bow and all. She seems so delicate, as if to be kept in a display case for she may break. And yet I have trouble removing my eyes from her. "I do not believe we have been properly introduced, for I am sure I would remember. Priscus Angel Ducard of Clan Nosferatu." I introduce myself to her. She is not the point of entering the conversation, but one must always remain polite. After all, she is the Prince's Archon.

"Oh, and this is Kenneth Gilroy , also of my Clan, a recent arrival and member of the Lancea Sanctum." Gil is almost an after thought at this point. Which is rude of me I know, but hard not to when he is so base. I give a quick look to one Priscus Josephine Sterling, hoping she will take note.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

As more and more important people begin to fill the space around her, Rina retreats into herself. Twist alone was already intimidating, but now there were two other Priscii? There is a moment of complete dejected silence from the Shadow, before she resorts to her favorite tactic in situations like this. She lashes out.

A glare turns on Gerald. "Mind your tongue. This is Her Grace, Alder Twist, Duchess of Sacramento and Archon to the Prince." Of course, she didn't expect him to make the appropriate genuflections. One could not expect such things from a Carthian.

The look turns to Josephine next, softening slightly. Rina offers her a polite nod. "Thank you. Mr. Bobcat fought as well as could be expected." Or at least as well as she expected. Rina was mildly surprised that the Sanctified was offering her congratulations. Didn't they have something against Monomacy?

She nods lightly to the Priscus of Nosferatu, acknowledging her. "Thank you as well." Her eyes turn on Kenneth, and in a moment the glare she had given to Gerald returns. Who was this, and what right did a man as disgusting as him have to be in the presence of such important personages?
    Aspect of the Predator

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist makes a small tsk'ing sound and opens her mouth to comment about how she already has found somebody exciting but instead finds a single eyebrow arching in almost incredulous surprise as Gerald slides in not only a comparison of Rina to Martha but... "little Martha".

Saved from having to comment directly by the arrival of even more Kindred, Twist takes a moment to again sooth a suddenly rankled beast. Smoothing her face, hiding her (and her beasts) reaction to the arrivals, she steps back gracefully, to make room.

As the others introduce themselves she turns to each in turn, taking the time to acknowledge them with her gaze.

The first, Gerald, well... his looks certainly matched the quick words that were his first impression upon her. That he was Carthian only seemed to make sense.

The second, no more or less potent than the first, had a much smoother entrance. Though perhaps Twist was just partial to the dress. She gave it an admiring once over as Josephine spoke briefly to Gerald, finishing by the time the woman turned to her. Dipping her head in respect to the Priscus of a Clan she glanced to the remaining two arriving. The ones who received no reaction from her beast.

Another Priscus, and of the Nosferatu clan. Well that surely explained her interesting appearance and his... well, she couldn't quite name what it was, but it wasn't pleasant. To Angel another dip of the head to match that which Josephine had received. For him, she simply called upon her years of training to keep her face smooth. No doubt his lack of Beast was the only reason he still existed.

Inwardly chuckling at Rina's verbal lashing, Twist made the mental note that despite Gerald's informal use of Rina's name, it was most clear they were not actually intimate. Well... he was Carthian.

A grateful smile was given to Rina for the introduction and defense of her honor and she turned back to the group, "Indeed, Madame Yui has named me correctly. While I have no need of a tour of the city she has offered to aid me in rediscovering who is still around and who is new since I was last at Court. It has been some time," she explains with another wry smile. Some time... only years... but to a Kindred, that could be as short as weeks or even days. "Already she has helped me immensely. I look forward to continuing to work with her, especially after her impressive display at the Monomacy event."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes West, Cabochard liked this post

PRE

Before the object of his fascination can answer, a familiar Beast with a familiar face chimes in - with an almost matronly admonition. Being fond of her since their wonderful conversation in French, Gerald acquiesces with a polite nod.

"As you say." He had admired Rina's victory in his own way, though he had also secretly hoped the unaligned Savage would have come out on top. Wasted opportunity, that one. Poor, brash, simple Bobcat. Dark humor laces his thoughts, caring only enough for the deceased as a once potential ally. C'est la vie.

A second arrival prolongs the mystery, though it is again a welcomed face. An attractive face, at that.

"Don't worry about this old devil, Angel. He can handle himself." A grin and a wink in her direction - Gerald ever amusing himself. His eyes find her companion, soon after, though he isn't pleased by what he sees. No Beast to detect, though he can only imagine the man must be weak. A Haunt, then. With a rather unfortunate curse, it would seem.

"Hello, Kenneth." He conjures up a winning smile, despite how very beneath him the Haunt seems; Gerald is not one to waste an opportunity.

Not once, not twice, but thrice Gerald is scolded before finally being enlightened on the identity of the apparent Duchess of Sacramento. My my... This time the admonition comes from Rina, and none too politely. Mindful of Josephine's warning, he does his best to look wounded. "My apologies to both of you, then. Perhaps I do get carried away."

Eyes again finally coming to rest on Twist, who finally speaks up for herself, Gerald smiles once more.

"Might I say 'welcome back' then, your Grace? I am sure, if Rina's recent victory is any notion, that you will be pleased with the state of the Domain." Gerald, on the other hand, is not. But that isn't something he needs to share with an Invictus Duchess.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Without changing his bowed posture, Gilroy seemed to shrink further from the formidable predators before him. His mind whirred as he tried to take in all the details while every instinct told him to flee. He caught among the names given were Gerald, Yui, Bobcat, and Alder Twist on approach. Yui used titles, likely a part of the Invictus. She’d had victory over Bobcat; whatever that meant. Twist’s Beast was hidden. Possibly a friend to his Clan to be taught Obfuscation to that level? Though the Nosferatu had lost several of their number lately. Gerald… Gerald? He knew he’d heard the name before but it took a little while to remember. A ‘highish’ ranking member of the Carthian Movement if memory served right. While he gave each a bow that was all elbows and knees (and oddly reminiscent of a cringe), it was Josephine’s eyes that he met for slightly more than half a second. Like a fanged maggot meeting the gaze of a noble woman towering over him. He broke it before she could view it as an affront.

“It is an honor to meet you all Madams and Sir,” Gilroy said. He straightened from his inclined stance, though his shoulders and head still hung low. "It is a pleasure to meet you all."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread