Ended
Watch

(1504) David and Velma

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Mysterious or miserable, it's amazing how similar those two words are. David's beast reacts and snarls with derision at the arrival of others – other competitors and the generally weak. Anger at having to share the same space with them vie with wanting to destroy them all and litter the ground with their ash. He's thankful that he's come early, able to smash each impulse individually and control it.

Small nods of greeting are given to Vivian York , Hildegarde , Josephine , and Angel Ducard but smiles are alien to David in these nights.

To Velma Star, David may just be a simple name on a sheet of paper. Nothing more and nothing less. If David is honest, he would be content if that's all he ever is to her. The woman is beautiful and that is precisely why that makes her frightening. She reminds David of the head-cheerleader who only dates the captains of Varsity football teams; who only comes down from on-high to ask for notes from a class. But, the social circles of Kindred make for strange overlaps.

David supposes he's lucky he has lasted this long outside of the woman's cross-hairs.

Lady Star,” David greets politely, paired with a gentle inclination of his head, “good evening to you.” His voice, a soft-spoken tenor that doesn't strive to command. Of course he knows who she is. One doesn't stay in Sacramento for over a year and a half and not know who the Succubus is.

Velma Star

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

There is a raised eyebrow, enough to convey surprise but without being too embarrassing. Not because he recognized Velma, who wouldn’t, but maybe because it was the first time the Succubus heard the man talking.

Dismissing the raised eyebrow the former harpy smiles and chuckles lightly.

”Priscus Regan!”

“Apologies!”
    The Ravager resumes composure and steps in closer into the man's private space invading it with quiet confidence and a brush of tease in her grey blue eyes. Velma inclines her head to his ear, one of her delicate hands gently touches the man’s elbow.

”Amazing… all this time and the first time I hear your voice I’m no longer Harpy and you are no longer just a shadow in Elysium.” By just a shadow the songstress obviously means a kindred without a title.

She steps back and there is the hint of a coy swimming in her red lips.

”I can only wonder if you haven’t been evading me on purpose all this time…” One of her perfectly manicured fingers rolls a hank of her blond hair as her smile widens.

”Come we should grab a drink… we are being social…” Her head moves as if pointing towards the bar. It was David’s choice to accept the invitation or deny her and keep to himself some more.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

C
    Casitive

Movement comes in small motions: a shift of his feet and slow and deliberate adjustments to the cloth at his wrist. Standing next to the former Harpy – though is any Harpy truly ever a 'former' Harpy? – David feels under-dressed. Again, David wonders if he should find his tie, coiled in a pocket. It's a thought that is discarded. Not because the thought is wrong but because it might be too late to follow-through on it.

Velma's comments about the relative change in power in the Court brings about a small nod. David knows full-well he remained beneath the notice of anyone of importance for a long time. Would Velma appreciate the somewhat ruthless way David took his positions, if she knew? The only thing the Mortician knows for sure, is that the Perception of his Ascension might be called 'meteoric.'

Sometimes, Perception is a bit more important than the truth.

As you say,” David's pastoral cadence dances around the words, “I was merely a shadow in Elysium.” The circumspect Shadow turns around a reason for them to have never spoken before, one that absolves both, but Velma first and foremost – David was beneath her notice and he knows it.

Unfortunately, Miss Alexandrovna and I found that I don't have the,” David looks for the right phrase, “taste for alcohol. But, lead the way.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”A taste for alcohol?” The Succubus repeats somewhat amused.

”Well… neither do I!” She confides, her smile widening for a moment.

As they reach the counter for the drinks Velma orders:

”A Corpse Reviver for him and a Cosmo for me.” Eventually the blue colored drink served in a cocktail glass arrives for David and shortly after the typical red of the Cosmopolitan joins it.

Apparently the name and the color of the drink weren’t lost on the Succubus.

”I think the blue suits you Priscus Regan…” The Daeva picks the short straw of her drink and idly mixes it.

”Well, merely a shadow seems to have worked out for you.” The Ravager finally takes her glass and wets her lips with its contents, her eyes though seem to never leave David.

”…so far.”
    The songstress shakes her head and smiles again casually.

”So… I’m slightly behind my duties and I have to make up for lost time, I should know more about you Priscus Regan.” Her voice tone while melodic is simple and free floating.

”So what used to be your interests when you still drew breath?” Her head coks to the side, it could have been any other question but she had to start somewhere.
    Velma Star*

C
    Casitive

Delicate fingers move the glass mere millimeters, peering at the blue-colored liquid; examining it like one would a strange new thing; the glass sparkling in the Elysium's low lighting. David is a bit of a conundrum. He's tall, thin, spindly and very much an introvert who is so banal, that he's overshadowed by the overwhelming presence of Velma Star. Certainly, David does not have the glamor that Daniella Sage has nor is he the hard-nosed presence of Max Heinz.

David is the very picture of milquetoast.

Thank you, Lady Star.” Gratitude split between the compliment and the drink.

I'm afraid there isn't much for me to tell,” David apologizes – something that comes so naturally. “When I was younger,” code for his living days, “I skipped rocks on nearby lakes. I saw movies. I read. Nothing too glamorous, Lady Star.” He largely kept to himself as much as that may be stereotypical of him. “Minneapolis-St. Paul isn't what one first thinks of as a major cultural capital.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

So bland it hurts.

”Oh! I’m sorry!” Velma excuses herself for some unperceived faux pas.

”Sounds dreadfully boring…” She ends chuckling good naturedly, her head shaking in disbelief. And yet there was a method to her questions.

”Have you ever tried to change your routine after the embrace?” There is a subtle shift in the conversation, David would probably get the tangential.

”I mean the rocks, the movies and the books.”
    Velma Star*

7. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Why are people brought into the Embrace? For some it is to take and have something, someone beautiful or even strong. But, then, the definition of strength varies from person to person, from Kindred to Kindred. Beneath the bland, nebbish exterior of a man there has to be something for him to have been given the Embrace.

My Embrace, brought quite a few changes to that routine,” the Shadow Priscus explains cryptically. “The Danse demands, as it does. Arriving here brought about even more.” David isn't the same man who arrived, skittish and reticent and fresh from the upper-Midwest. The intensity that has always been there beneath the surface, honed.

I suppose, then, I haven't had to try to change my old routines. It's probably better to say they've evolved. Moving here being the start of that evolution.” David's head moves vaguely to the side as he considers Velma's question. It is all because of a cryptic phrase Johan muttered when he rose last.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Succubus seems glued to David’s explanation, eyes and ears attentive like a kid might be before the TV and its favorite show.

”Does that mean you no longer do the rocks, movies and books routine?” She asked curiously. The topic was of precious interest to her because if Regan evolved why did she felt like she devolved? At least in artistic terms and endeavors.
    Velma Star*

C
    Casitive

Not in the same way,” the man answers distantly as he slowly turns the drink with his forefinger and thumb. It's amazing what a single change, a single tragedy, does to routines. “I still read,” David says glancing towards the Daeva. “I still see an occasional movie.” The words carefully delivered, “I still skip rocks but they no longer fill my time. I've duties to fulfill.

A common thread emerges with David Regan: careful and dutiful. No impulsiveness. Patience and practicality are watchwords for the bland, spindly figure.

I couldn't remain just another shadow on the walls of Elysium,” something had to give. Someone had to step up.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”So you are a committed man.” Her blue eyes seem fixed into David’s. The Succubus nods appreciatively as if giving her silent approval about what she saw and heard. She now had a glimpse of what lay beneath the milketoast.

Careful, dutiful, patient and practical. Committed.

Velma had a moral dilemma, she knew how dangerous a highly motivated kindred could become. Use a wrecking ball and destroy his motivation or piggyback on it providing guidance... Both had challenges and risks.

”I wonder, why just now? You could have easily convinced miss Sage to hand Priscidom to you, you have been here for a long while.” Of course Velma actually meant that David could have wrested it from the previous Priscus’ hands but she wasn’t just going to state that in court… alas the difference between both couldn’t be more abysmal, Regan and Sage shared the same family but were worlds apart, and now Velma knew the difference lied not just in their demeanor. Besides if David had wrested control of his family from Sage he would have sent a more powerful message.
    Velma Star*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.