Ended
Watch

(1503) Councilor Meeting - Provost Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, well that's a relief then. Yes, fortunately everyone is remaining civil for the most part. I still don't understand why there are some who try to solve matters through violence. I don't mean the Free Council though, in this case. Do you know any of the details regarding Striker's trial and why he attacked Councilor Avis? I'm sure the trial will reveal most of the details. I've met the man briefly and he doesn't seem the loose cannon I imagined him to be. Mostly inquisitive actually." The topic change is rather sudden but Truce's thoughts drift to the most potent example of discord he's heard of since his arrival. Considering that the Council is discussing the trial currently, it isn't really a stretch.

E
    Ermac

"I honestly don't know. I didn't even know Striker attacked Avis until she went public with it. I've only heard what everyone else has been saying about him." Ermac shrugged. "He more-or-less asked to join The Wave. He even volunteered to be Doorwarden. It's going to be interesting to see how all this unfolds."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"I see," says Truce again. "I suppose I'm rather curious from a psychological standpoint, wondering the reasons and emotions behind the way some men behave the way they do. I suppose it's possible there may not be another chance to speak with Striker about it unless I were somehow to pass the Factotum examination before the trial. I doubt it though. I wonder if his punishment might require some sort of counseling and maybe I could offer my services in that regard." Truce speculates aloud, voicing the suggestion as he considers the possibility for the first time.

Emrys

PRE

Moments passed, and eventually the slow shuffle of feet could be heard at the stairway. Slow, because the Enchanter took enough time to cool off, which on the way down made him dread returning to the bridge he had just tried to set ablaze. Still, Emrys eventually entered the room, looking between his fellow Provosts.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeey." He starts as he finally enters the room, plopping down in a chair opposite the couch. "On the topic of the trial, it might be another month or two. Apparently no one talked to Ermon about it yet, and he needs to get his case together for Striker's defense."

E
    Ermac

Upon hearing the Acanthus's return, Ermac's eyes snapped toward Emrys. "Really?" he inquires with exasperation followed by placing a hand up to his face. A muffled voice was heard asking, "Why am I not surprised?" Shaking his head slowly and lowering his hand, "Alright...looks like we gotta get Ermon up to speed."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce looks to Emrys as he returns, his demeanor vastly different than the one he had left with. Truce finds it much more agreeable though as Emrys takes a seat with them and making an effort to relax. Perhaps whatever tiff he had with Pepper had been resolved during his brief revisit to the Councilor meeting, or perhaps his being called upon had fulfilled whatever need for self-importance he possessed.

"Hey, welcome back," starts off Truce politely, showing no signs of holding a grudge for Emrys's earlier remarks. It seems even a brief apology had been appreciated by the Moros Provost. "A month or two? Well, I suppose that should be plenty of time for a fair defense."

Truce looks to Ermac for his response. "Get him up to speed? Will Ermon be interviewing witnesses to the crime and taking testimony before the trial?" he asks curiously. Truce wonders why Ermac feels inclined to have a hand in influencing Striker's defense. Perhaps he only meant the 'we' as a loose substitute for the remainder of the Consilium. Perhaps.

7. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Emrys

PRE

Emrys smiled and nodded to Truce, but looked nervously to Ermac.

Um, I'm not sure we should be doing anything." Emrys said almost apologetically to Ermac. "Striker is our cabalmate, and our cabalmate is the defense. If you or I do anything it could look like the Wave tampering with evidence to turn the trial in Striker's favor. Let's just trust the Ladders to Ladder on this one and see how the trial goes. Especially since I'll be judging for the Enchanters."

The Provost shrugs. It really shouldn't be a surprise given there were only two factotums in the city, and one was the Councilor of Acanthi.

"Any who, it's definitely enough time to form a defense, but I'm kind of concerned how long it's taken for this to be resolved." The Syndic's expression went back to a more neutral expression as he looked between the other two. "It's been months since the crime, and Striker's recognition was stripped on the spot from what I hear. While I understand that's within the lawful authority of the Sentinels, it leaves Striker unprotected with no legal recourse until his trial which at first had to happen within three months and now can take as much as a year. Given the Charter says people are innocent until proven guilty* that's kind of a big problem for me."

E
    Ermac

He nodded to Emrys, "I misunderstood and misspoke. Is Ermon aware he's representing Striker? That was what I had meant by getting Ermon up to speed." The Theurge sighed, "As unfortunate as it is, The Wave should step back. Let the Factotums do their work."

Looking back to Emrys, a very serious tone, "As I mentioned earlier tonight, know your role and adapt to it. I've tried to educate you as best as I can. It may not appear as such and I may not have been as effective as I had hoped. However, that time is gone. This is an occasion when one's character tested. All eyes will be on you and the Councilors. Every word you say will be disected and scrutinized. This is now your crucible."

A momentary pause followed, "Remember your duty to the Consilium."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce listens with interest to what Emrys has to share and nods his understanding, reserving any comment he might be thinking. He spares a glance to Ermac, wondering if his stern lecture to his Cabalmate is the result of his building stress and disapproval. Truce is still uncertain of how the Free Council consider authority for one to wield it's semblance against another, but Truce cannot help but agree with the content of the message.

"Let us finish our refreshments and await any further need from the Council. Emrys, did you get the sense that they are nearing an end to a private discussion?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

With the Councilor Meeting wrapping up, the Provosts too finish their conversation and return to the gathering to socialize and make merry, or leave as they see fit.

Scene End

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread