Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1503) Mace and Avis

THREADID
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Um, well," Avis said, leading Mace away from the throng of other mages, towards the far wall. "I was wanting to, uh, to apologize. To you...I'm sorry for what I said after the last Consilium meeting. I was having a hard time processing my anger, part of it directed at myself, part of it at what was happening, and in the end I didn't really process it at all. Instead of that, instead of funneling it into something constructive, I lashed out at you and at Nous and the others. I'm not saying that's an excuse, by the way, I know that I fucked up. I'm just, ya know, trying to explain why I said what I said. And I'm sorry I did. You didn't deserve it."

The Warlock paused, waiting to see what the Necromancer would say. Avis' thoughts were fluttering and fleeting inside her skull, and far less eloquent than when she'd spoken to Pepper, maybe because the injury was less in that instance, so Avis was hesitant to go much further without getting some sort of response to guide her next foray into repairing what had been a budding friendship before she'd taken a claw hammer to it.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Mace

Mace just looked at Avis for a moment. "I um... I'm not sure what you're apologizing for," she said. "To be honest, I kind of took a break from the world after that meeting. I wasn't really paying attention to what people were saying." It was more than that, of course. She didn't mention the swath of broken projects she'd left in her wake.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well, basically I talked shit about you, and I'm sorry. After the path meetings I realized that I wasn't even right about what I'd been arguing for, not all the ways anyway, and that I really wasn't any different from anyone else, not even the people I'd accused of making the problems. Basically, I realized that I dishonored myself, saying what I did, and that I was listening to lies that I was telling myself and not Truth," Avis admitted, eyes falling to the ground.

"I'm sorry that I abused the trust that you'd given me, even if you didn't notice what I was doing. I just want you to know that, and that I'd like to try and rebuild that trust. If you want to, that is,"
    she finished lamely, eyes still on the ground, wishing that more powerful words would come to her mind.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Mace

Mace hesitated when she saw the other Arrow look down. "Avis..." she started, and stopped, trying to figure out what to say. "That night was a mess," she said at last. "I can't speak for the others, but I know I said things that shamed me too." She let out a sigh. "But yes, I'm willing to put that aside, whatever it was, and keep trying." She offered a hand, hoping that Avis would meet her gaze.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

A well of air was drawn into the Warlock's lungs, buoying her gaze upward and able to meet Mace's own again. As she let the breath begin to escape through her nose, she brought her hand up to clasp the Necromancer's proffered grip, her free hand coming to rest on top of their joined hands.

"Thank you,"
    Avis said sincerely, giving a gentle squeeze before releasing her grip. "I also wanted to let you know, I'm going to experiment with some Astral exploration. If it goes well, and I learn enough, I'll be more than willing to guide you sometime. If you'd like. It might be a month or two, though."

M
    Mace

Mace nodded. "You're... welcome I guess?" She wasn't sure what to say, but it was nice that they were still moving forward. As.. friends? "I'd like that," she said. "Whatever you can share would be helpful, but you know, no pressure." She shrugged. "I was uh, about to get some food. If you want to join us?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"'Us' being Ermac and Fluke?" Avis asked, giving an idle scratch at the back of her neck. "Um, sure. Yeah. That sounds good. I'll see if Star wants to..." She trailed off, noting her Cabalmates sudden absence.

"Nevermind," she continued, a light scowl appearing on her lips. "Lead the way, I'll follow you. Just gotta send a quick text."

The Warlcok's burner appeared from within the depths of her pockets and her fingers went to work tapping out a quick message.

M
    Mace

"Sure thing," Mace said. She waited while Avis sent the text. "Last couple times, I didn't get a chance to eat at one of these things," she said forlornly. "Maybe this time I'll have more luck?" She added as she walked over to join Ermac by the buffet.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I'll run interference for you," Avis replied, with the ghost of a smile as she looked up from the furious tapping she'd been doing on her phone's keypad.

Closed Thread