Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(CoD2015) Spring Pledge Swearing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Violet sat wondering who would be the first to approach. She also was curious as to whom submitted their desires. To any who came to pledge for the singular season, she would recite words to entwine the Wyrd with the Freehold’s pledge.

"Do you promise and swear not to knowingly aid the Gentry and their agents, to keep secret our Freehold for a year and a day, and in doing so to assist others with a small gesture of faith, yes? In doing so, you shall be booned, blessed until such time as this pledge lasts. Failure, however, will be swift, and you will not only be banished but also be cursed for the gift you once coveted with turn against you. Do you swear it?"

To those who were springs, she would make an addition to the Sacramento pledge.

“For any who wish to pledge their lotaly to our freehold by both word and deed for the turning of a year, additionally, you must declare your talent or service you vow to provide for our community. For such dedication, you will see the benefits of your commendation for as long as you seek to work toward the good of the Freehold.”

With a impeccable smile, once completed and sworn, the next may take their pledge.

Please post to swear the pledge and indicate the Skill so sworn
    Make sure to deduct your WP as well

Lynn Mills

Lynn was the first to cross over to pledge her loyalty to her Sovereign. Taking a deep breath, she squared her shoulders and faced the Spring Lady. Then she stepped forwards and made a gracious bow, pulling the CD from her case and holding it out.

"A token of my esteem, my Lady." She stood up straight again. "I do swear, by word and deed to prove my loyalty to this Freehold and it's citizens. I will show this with my skills with word and song, either directly or by using the proceeds to better the lives of others. I shall hold true to this, for a year and a day."

Lynn swallowed and took another breath. Time for the leap. "I would serve you further, My Lady, if you would have me. Let me serve as your Emissary, your voice among the Freehold."

Minus 1 Willpower for swearing the pledge

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Violet wasn’t surprised that Lynn was the first to Pledge for the year from the Court of Springs. She took the disc from the Nightsinger with a grin. “Why thank you Lynn, I appreciate good music, especially if its personal.” They both shared the same Kith, it was natural she’d be drawn to the melodic sound of her fiddle.

Slowly nodding, in acceptance of the Darkling’s pledge, the next step was a leap for the fiddling Verdant woman. Her bewitching eyes danced a smile before speaking, she thought back to the meeting and that she’d already was swayed toward the woman previously. Considering the last one didn’t even know what it meant.

“Lynn, I think you would do a splendid job as our Sylvan Emissary. It is not only for me, but your fellow Springs. Your offer is accepted.” The Flowering Queen leaned forward slightly, a hushed voice. “We shall speak more on this later this week, oui?”

Make sure to pick a skill to help you as Emissary

Lynn Mills

A broad grin crossed Lynn's face before she was able to achieve something suiting the more formal tone of the moment. She bowed her head again and nodded.

"Yes my Lady. I look forward to it."

Violet didn't know it, but she had just helped Lynn do something she'd been working towards since she arrived here in Sacramento; putting down roots and really belonging somewhere. With this and one other thing, she'd have what she'd been searching for ever since she'd stepped foot outside of the Thorns for the first time.

Lynn leaves this thread and heads back to her previous conversation.

m
    magiuspendragon

Andrea slowly approached the queen, uncertainty following her discussion with Sasha. This was supposed to be a new start, not more of the same. She hastily sketched a bow, and looked up at the queen and... froze. For the second time that night, she found herself looking into the face of startling beauty. It must be something in the water. She'd have to drink more of the water. "Umm. Hello, I'm Andrea. Andrea Ward. New in town." She stumbled over her words for a moment, before pausing to regain her composure. "I would like to pledge myself to the freehold."

Dipping a nod of acknowledgment for the Elemental’s bow, Violet grinned gently. “Thank you Ms. Ward.” The shimmering heat from her Mantle let some of the flowers of her dress open their blossoms a little further.

“You will swear for the Verdant Season. Then when Summer comes upon us, you will swear for a years time to your Sovereign.”

“With that, you may recite in your own manner:”

"Do you promise and swear not to knowingly aid the Gentry and their agents, to keep secret our Freehold for a year and a day, and in doing so to assist others with a small gesture of faith, yes? In doing so, you shall be booned, blessed until such time as this pledge lasts. Failure, however, will be swift, and you will not only be banished but also be cursed for the gift you once coveted with turn against you. Do you swear it?"

She sat poised in wait for the woman's response. Although Violet was friendly, it perplexed her when nerves surfaced when people spoke to her.

OOC - For Everyone: It's okay to post the pledge of your character and then leave. But if you want a little interaction, that's okay too!

m
    magiuspendragon

"Of course," she said as Violet outlined the rules. "For a season then, I swear to not knowingly aid the Gentry and their agents, to keep secret the Freehold for the season, and to assist with a small gesture of faith." She mirrored the words, substituting the requisite season. "I understand the benefits and consequences," she added. "Thank you for your time." She sketched a bow, before hastily backing away and rejoining the party.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa approached the flowery Flowering Fairest, a gasp catching in her throat. This was her first time seeing the Spring Sovereign so she was quite surprised by her beauty. Well, that and the dress. There had to be some Fae magic woven in to that thing, there was no way that was natural. She cleared her throat to get her mind straight.

"I swear not to knowingly help the Gentry and keep the Freehold a secret for a year and a day. But... I have one more request as well. I'm currently not part of any of the Courts, though I take it this isn't news. I'd like to change that. I don't know exactly how that works but if you would allow me, I'd like to join the Court of Desire."

I figured since she wasn't currently Spring, Violet wouldn't give her the second part immediately.

The Queen sat and listened to the Beast to walked toward her. Her eyes held a smile that was contagious to some. Leaning forward slightly, she listened to the quick pledge from the woman.

“Indeed.” She smiled, resting her arms on her lap. “For this there are two things I must know.” The Nightsinger's accent danced off her tongue.

Her tone was searching for information, no tricks held within nor any reason to cause suspicion. “Why is it your desire to be a member of the Verdant Court?”

“And secondly, you have not given me a name.” Grinning widely.

Things like this were not something done on a whim. Most often it was with time and exploration.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Oh, right. Sorry, the name's Tessa. So anyways, here's how I figure things. Before I got taken, I was petty thief getting by one day at a time. I stole for a living and didn't have an actual place to call home. Then it got worse when I was literally dropped in to a living nightmare. I wasn't just running to stay out of jail, I was running to keep my skin on me. They permanently scarred me, made me into some half animal creature, and now I can't think straight without some feral side of me having its own suggestions. But guess what? I still somehow came out on top. I actually live somewhere now and I no longer have to steal for a living. And that's because they introduced me to a world where everyone else got just as fucked up. And what better way to give the True Fae the finger than by flaunting how much better off you are now that they've had their way with you?"

Originally Tessa had thought about joining the Summer Court because she wanted to fight back, but Duncan made her realize that her version of fighting back was petty and far removed from the Court of Wrath's version of fighting back. Spring, however, seemed like the perfect fit afterwards. Because by indulging in whatever passing fancy she had at the moment, she could show the True Fae that what they did didn't just not affect her, it empowered her. At least, she hoped it would. She couldn't say how one of the Gentry would react but she liked to think living in the now rankled them. It had taken her some consideration but seeing as she couldn't see her as Fall or Winter, getting denied by the Summer was all she needed to make up her mind. And she didn't mind saying why, hell, maybe saying it all the louder would throw off the Others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread