Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1503) Star and Striker

THREADID
    T

Continued from here.

After stepping a few paces away Striker turned to Star and gave him a serious look.

"So first up I wanted to let you know I did what you wanted and thought about the Guardians and stuff. I even had a chat with Bishop about it. He was real helpful." Striker began before glancing around the room looking for the older fella. Not seeing him he continued, "Huh. Anyway, apparently a few of us Arrows might be hitting up the uni some time soon.*" Striker said before his brows furrowed. "I'm just a bit worried 'cause I haven't done a whole lotta undercover sorta missions an' if I get questioned or caught or somethin' I dunno if I'll be able to lie convincin'ly." he began, then waited to see Star's reaction. Would he be helpful? Would he care? Striker usually found it hard to read the Guardian, but he had to hope that the other mage wouldn't shut him out.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah, he kind of left."

No need to look around. Got a letter to prove it. Santa took his toys and went North. They all did. Assuming that's who Striker had been looking for. Side note? That would have been a great fly on the wall talk to listen to.

Eyes skittered about, but listening.

"Ummm. Okay?"

Wow, Sac U was going to get crowded. Fast. Who's Great Idea was that? Eyes found Striker again, and a single brow raised upward to meet the mop.

What's that got to do with favors, yo?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

T

Striker's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Left? Bugger. I liked that old bloke. Anyway. To get to the point I was wonderin' if you might be able to gimme some tips on, ya know, how ta convince people what you're sayin' is true when it's not. Or just generally sorta deflecting attention maybe, if you're good at that too." he paused for a second. "I guess I just want to be able to get in an' out without them knowing we're investigating ya know?" he said plainly.

He shifted uncomfortably. "Um. Avis said you were good at lyin'. That's why I'm askin'." he said with a little uncertainty.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Say what?

Couldn't help it. He looked over at his Warlock. Ouch, yo. Sure, there's Arrowraderie, but still.

"Uh. She did?"

Really, what do you say to that? We need to talk.

"Ummm. Sure. I guess. I mean, like, you know. Guardians usually do, like, cover stories? Like, here. Check this out. Give me your wallet."

A hand flopped out, palm up. See that hand? That's where you put the wallet.
    - Roald Dahl

T

Striker gave a short laugh and smile. "Hah. Yeah I'd rather not mate. It's not that I don't trust you or anything, but I don't trust you anymore than anyone else here. I don't wan't be rude ay, but I try not to go round handing out wads of sympathy to people." he said, maintaining a friendly demeanor.

"Especially since I'm pretty sure the consilium won't have my back if, ya'know something happens. Not sayin' I think you'll do anything. I'm just bein' cautious ay." he said a little more seriously, but he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a worn leather-looking wallet and flipped it open in his hand. "What'd ya want from it anyway?" he asked curiously. And how does my wallet help me lie convincingly?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Bang, you're dead.

With a finger gun, even.

"Is that what you're gonna say when you get carded on campus?"
    Right, that's a thing. "Dollar gets a dime you don't have a fake ID. Double down that you don't have a student ID. So what are you doing on campus? It's never If, it's When. Especially you, because, you know...," Eyes flickered to the missing appendage. Highly. Recognizable. "Unless you can, like..." Fingers waggled. Grow it back, yo. But if he could? Split that bet he would have already.

Thin shoulders shrugged.

"Sorry, man. Can't help. Especially if, you know, you can't, like, go with what I'm saying. You know? Just sayin'. You want my wallet? I can hand you my wallet, right now."
    Fingers plucked a ratty velcro wallet from a pocket. "I'm not just saying that stuff to, you know, be a jerk. That's legit. Just. Ummm. Look. Why don't you, like, stay off campus. I mean, seriously, if you get busted and finger the rest of us, man, you know? That's not cool. And, you will, because, you're, like..."

Soft? Overly Excitable? Not the sharpest spoon in the drawer?

A slow runner?

Another shrug.

This isn't a game, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

T

Was it hot in here when I walked in? Why's my palm sweaty? Striker's eyes just looked at Star's for a few seconds. Thinking. Mulling it over.

"You've done this sorta thing before ay?" He said finally, seriously. "'Kay. Thank's for your help mate. 'Preciate it." Star telling him why he needed help. Helped.

He wanted to take offence at the fact that Star thought he'd finger the rest of them. But he knew he didn't have to say anything to give everything away. It wasn't anything personal, it's what would happen if the Banishers were half as organised as they seemed to be.

The wallet flipped closed and went back into his pocket.

"I might ah. Grab a drink or something." He waited for a second to see if the Guardian had anything else to say.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Done what before?

This? Whipping out wallets and comparing them? Velcro and vinyl, yo. Legendary. Greenish-blue eyes bounced around, settling back when One Armed Bandit spoke again. Some Guardians are the secret police. Some go Cold War style. Ask Smiley's People. Or don't. Others?

What others?

"Ummm, sure."
    Super. Helpful. "Oh, there's a bar? Or just drinks? If there's a bar, try some, hmmmm, vodka, splashed with orange juice and apple juice. That's totally like a screwdriver with a twist. A twist of apple. But, get it. Screwdriver. Twist?" A hand made a cranking motion. Demonstration. That's the finger gun hand. Guns. Screwdrivers.

It's all about being versatile.

Because Super Helpful.
    - Roald Dahl

T

Striker just looked at Star for a few seconds, considering the other mage. "Yeah I don't think they've got a bar in this place mate." he offered before he rejoined the others.

OOC

Striker returns to here.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Starzzles returns to the main thread.
    - Roald Dahl

Closed Thread