Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1305) Try the grey stuff, its delicious

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel help up a chocolate cake that had some sort of grey frosting on it with edible sphere shaped accents by way of greeting. “Hey Alex . I’ve been doing alright. I don’t know exactly what’s in it so it might not be for you but the frosting on this is really good. Need to ask Mrs. Rosemary but if you can you should try it.” Daniel nodded at Ramona to make sure she knew she was included in the conversation as well. And how could she not be with how striking she looked in her sundress. It almost made Daniel ashamed he hadn’t put more though in to what he wore today.

The Darkling was a little taken aback when the Spring courtier asked their opinion on what should be put in the box of desires. Daniel hardly knew the man and it seemed a very personal question. However, if the Beast meant for light hearted conversation Daniel could oblige from what he had heard before “Can’t sturdy bookshelves,” he answered with a partial grin.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Lynn Mills

"Excuse me." Lynn reached around and grabbed a plate, then started filling it with anything that looked good. And since it was all made by Mrs. Rosemary, it all looked good. "It's good to see you both again, Daniel, Ramona." She smiled at them both and took a bite of a delicious and flaky pastry and mmm'd in pleasure.

Grinning, she glanced around at the other party goers. "Are you all finding everything ok? I suppose that since we're hosting this get together, I should at least make sure that everybody is comfortable before I start," she glance down at the half eaten pastry, "finish stuffing my face."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex eyed the cake, then flashed a grin to Daniel. "Yeah, cake usually doesn't, but some chefs use lard to make them minister. I see cheesecake though, and that's always safe."

With that the windwing got himself a slice of sweet creamy cheesecake and tucked a fork in it, though he didn't take a bite just yet. "Hey Lynn, do you think we can put our own desires into the box? Daniel just reminded me of my chronic lack of shelves, but that seems, I don't know… a bit something."

Lynn Mills

Lynn finished off her own treat neatly, obviously thinking over Alex's question. "I don't see any reason why we would be exempt from adding anything to the box ourselves," she said, gesturing at the other Spring Courtiers. "And it might make some of the other people feel more comfortable, if they saw us taking a leap of faith as well. Just make sure it's something you really want, before the rest of us put a lot of effort into it." She grinned teasingly at Alex, knowing that he wouldn't ask for something frivolous.

She gives Alex a curious look as he mentions helping him figure out what to put in the box. She had enough trouble figuring out what to put in the box herself, and she's still unsure about it. Besides, it's supposed to be secret. How could she possibly know what secret desire might be in his head? Maybe a nice steak dinner. She quickly squashes an internal chuckle at the thought, funny but unkind. Thankfully, the conversation has moved on, at least a little.

Instead of answering, she turns to the buffet table. It's an exercise in restraint to not just load a plate with layers of delicious goodies, though she does come away with a little more than she first intended. She takes her first few bites carefully as she listens to the others, plate held under her chin to avoid letting anything fall onto her dress.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

The Fork pops from Alex's lips and points to Lynn, then the Windwing swallows and adds words to his gesture. "Frivolous, yes. That of Materialistic was what I was thinking of about the bookcases. As much as I really could use some.... I could use new roommates more. There was a kind of explosion recently when it was confirmed that one of them was stealing more then special food set aside for me and Jen." Yeah, like bracelets. Yeesh.

"Or maybe a broader spectrum of like, Hey, I want to know I'll always have food available that fits with my religion. Or possibly how to cook. That would help." And Alex... sort of wanted to learn how to cook. Not just the usual stuff either, but he wanted to try his hands at the stuff his mom and the family's housekeeper used to make. He missed that sort of food.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shifted her weight as she thought. "Well, personally, it sounds like the thing that's making you unhappy would be your room mates. That's what I would want to change if I were you. So if you were to ask for a new place to stay, you would get both a reduction of stress and possibly more storage space!" She grinned cheerfully. "But if you really want to learn to cook, I'm sure that Mrs. Rosemary would be willing to give lessons."

Lynn Mills

Lynn had just finished speaking to Alex when Violet appeared and swept across the patio. The colors of Spring followed her like a glorious train train as she walked. Lynn had to simply admire the sheer style of the movement; this was how things were done!

"Excuse me please," Lynn nodded to the others as she found a small table to set her plate on. "I'll be right back." Squaring her shoulders, Lynn took a deep breath. This was the moment where she'd be taking a leap of faith of her own.

Lynn leaves this thread and enters the Pledge Swearing Thread

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel listened to the others as he moved from cake to the plethora of fruit available for sampling. The display of Violet's arrival was enough to distract him from even the smorgasbord. He had thought last year the Spring Queen was amazing. This year was something else entirely, with her dress and the change in the patio. Truely stunning. Almost enough to forget how quickly Spring flowers faded and died.

He gave a nod to Lynn as she left and rejoined the conversation.

"I'll agree with her. Cooking lessons are normally pretty easy to find, at least for the basics. Might be a touch harder with a special diet. Can't go wrong with asking the local expert chef though," he said, as the Ogress herself approached the buffet. Daniel raised a plate to Mrs. Rosemary in something that was part toast and part salute.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

"Good evening, my dears. Happy Spring!" Mrs Rosemary bellows with the exuberance of a woman half her size but with lungs twice the girth. The drink in her hand, sparkling and swirling with golden flakes, shimmered as her smile beamed across her round face. "I do sincerely hope and trust you are savouring every morsel on offer? I will expect each and every one of you to wobble out of here this evening full to bursting!" she gaffaws.

Seems like someone has been at the alcohol prior to arriving. Although, the part-Brewer knew her liquor. Her blood was made of sterner stuff.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread