Catching Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony had texted Chuck a place and time. If placed in a GPS, the address brought the Elodoth to William Chorley Park south of even the old Shadow Seeker turf. At the time, an Ithauer lay in wait for the Bone Shadow.

Tony hadn't bothered hiding his presence within the area, and the white and grey of Tony's urhan form clashed with the shadows near the streets. Normally he'd have been more cautious and hidden, but tonight he needed to be found. The streets and houses provided a buffer against the more feral Pure, and the rest were, to his knowledge, held up north in the old turfs, so caution was flung to the wind for a meeting with a new wolf.

Now the new wolf just had to show up.

Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

T

Anticipation epitomized Chuck's mood as he drove at night. Tony Ward, whom he knew little about, other than that he seemed to have a key role in some of the events that had obviously shaped Sacramento in the past few years. Those who don't not know the past are doomed to repeat it and knowledge is power. Hopefully Chuck would be able to find out more about what had gone on and what his pack could do to help in the future. Maybe he would make a new ally tonight, maybe Tony wouldn't be so friendly. He didn't know, but the anticipation of finding out drove him.

The GPS in the SUV brought him to the park and he brought the vehicle to a stop in one of the designated areas. He opened the door and stepped out in slacks and a button up shirt, his leather shoes quietly crunching the grit underfoot. He looked around before leaning back into the vehicle to pull out, then shoulder his backpack. Satisfied that it was sitting comfortably he shut the door and locked it then stepped away to get a good look around and to take a deep breath of the night air.

Finally his eyes spotted the white and grey pelt of an unfamiliar wolf. He could only assume it was Tony. If it were an Anshega well, he wasn't entirely defenseless. He began walking over purposefully, but at a casual pace with a welcoming smile.

Xander

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Chuck exited his vehicle, the wolf simply watches. Watches and does a chin up in an obviously not canine greeting. It looks around for a moment, and trots behind a tree before reemerging as the man Chuck came to meet.

Knowing someone had to close the distance, Tony walked over to the Alpha's vehicle.

"Yo." Was all he had to start with before extending his hand to shake. "Tony Ward, Ritemaster of the Granite Watchtower. You wanted to talk?"

T

Chuck relaxed as he saw it was indeed Tony emerging from behind the tree. He let the Ritemaster meet him at his SUV and shook Tony's hand confidently as he gave him a friendly smile. "Chuck. Chuck Preston. Alpha of Aegis of the Gauntlet. We're a new pack but I hope we can do some good for Sacramento as we find our place. It's good to meet you in... a less tense circumstance." He began as he lent back against the car.

"I've already spoken to Kevin about what Sacramento has been through these last few years but, I was hoping to get another perspective to help give a frame of reference to what I'm hearing and now seeing for myself. I'm afraid I've already given the wrong impression to Slick when the Alphas met at the Tur, and I'm hoping to avoid another faux pas by becoming more familiar with The People in the area as well." he explained.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony nodded along with the first part, but eyebrows raised at the mention of Kevin Swift.

"Oh." Tony started. "Well I'm sure he made some marginally helpful words for you.

The Iron Master shrugged. "As for Slick, I wouldn't sweat that to bad. Things were a bit tense for us all after a night of Oathbreaking. I'm sure it'll blow over, unless you said something really fuckin' dumb."

He rolled his eyes and almost laughed. Chuck didn't seem the sort to be that dumb.

"Anyhow, were you looking for specifics or just a general recap? Cause we could really sit here all night talking about this."

T

"It wasn't unhelpful." Chuck replied to Tony's comment regarding Kevin. "And with Slick it was... A misunderstanding. I realize tensions were high and you'd all been through a lot, but if she'd taken a second to listen..." he began before relenting. "Nevermind. It would be good to know what happened that night. It seemed a lot of you came straight from a fight with the Pure and I only heard snippets of what happened. Do you know anymore about that Bullrush fellow? He seemed to have some interesting." Chuck gave the word air quotes, "Ideas."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes narrowed as Chuck explained the misunderstanding. While he hadn't known Slick for very long compared to some of the others, he had come to respect her and the shear variety of skills she brought to the Granite Watchtower. As Chuck started to explain he had also started to dig, but fortunately for him that grave could wait for a night when a member of Aegis didn't have the sense to change the subject.

"I lead a different group of wolves from a battle at an old Tur to the dog park and sent out a howl." Tony started as his arms folded in front of him. "We gathered there and discussed our options. It was actually at that meeting me and Slick joined the Granite Watchtower with another wolf named Alicia."

A shrug as Tony shook his head. "Anyway, somehow the Granite Watchtower had come across a phone with a gps straight to the head of the Pure. Firebringer recruited Chantay and I joined as well. From there Skull Splitter, that other Alpha that was with you at the meeting, joined us for the attack. Slick and Aeneas scouted ahead, and finally we attacked. Stuff happened, and finally we were able to kill the Grandfather and get away. That's when we arrived at Tur, with what's his face. You guys came in about there."

T

Chuck was glad he'd pulled himself up. His suggestion that Slick could have done something to help the situation didn't seem to sit well with Tony. The Elodoth reminded himself that he was the one new to the area and that the wolves here had gone through a lot and deserved respect, even if they jumped to conclusions so easily.

Chuck tried to glean as much as he could from Tony's description of the events, cringing internally at the words 'Stuff happened'. At least Kevin was good enough to elucidate some of the details as much as he knew them.

"So no-one knows where this 'Grandfather' came from or what he was doing in Sacramento? Or if the rest of the Pure are intending to continue that goal? And you don't know anything else about Bullrush and Slick's history, do you? I don't mean to pry into anything personal, I just want some context so I know where I can direct the efforts of my pack. Whether that means keeping an eye on Bullrush or patrolling the Hisil. We're still settling ourselves, but we hope to be able to start helping restore the balance of the Gauntlet soon." he said assuming Tony had seen the state of the Hisil recently.

rolls

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No Chuck, I don't know." Tony's tone switched as anger slipped in. "We don't have secret double agents running with the Anshega to monitor their motives and behaviors, and I didn't think to drill the woman I met the night of the attack on her entire life story. An established Alpha vouched for her integrity and we had shit to do, so I've been taking things as they come and trying not to get murdered by Anshega."

His hands clenched into fists under his folded arms as his eyes narrowed on the Bone Shadow. "Maybe if you want to know about Bull Rush you should grow a pair and schedule a meeting with the one who actually knows him. I have my own shit to take care of, and if you want more information you should go to the source, either Slick or the Anshega themselves."

T

A flicker of annoyance passed over Chuck's face as Tony raised the tensions.
    "Hey! No need to get all pissy just because you don't know the answer alright? So you don't know. Fine. But I'm not going to apologize for asking questions that make you uncomfortable. I'm working my way towards the source, so maybe you can get me in contact with Slick then I can get out of your hair and let you deal with whatever it is you need to take care of." he said with a hard stare.

There are two types of people. Those who want to get things done, and those who want to complain about the way people want to get things done.

"I'm trying to help here and if all you can do is tell me why you can't help then maybe I'm wasting my time here." he said flatly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last