The Rite Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony sat at Tur with his Rite bag fully stocked. He had promised someone training in Rites, and while he lacked her contact information, he knew a place the Urdaga frequented. In truth he had never intended for the dog park to be a long term Tur, but with a lack of better options, it seemed the people were content to reuse it.

And so Tony sat, with a book and a bag in the middle of the night. Thankfully he had little else to do with himself lately.

Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

E
    Enoich

Jacqueline had learned quickly that in Urdaga social circles, people generally hung out around the Tur. It was indeed a neutral ground, but also buzzed with activity whenever the herd were absent. Woe betide the nocturnal dog walker who notices feral-looking folk hanging around. Still, Jacqueline often had little to do in the night and as she shifted from a diurnal sleep pattern to one that favored being up all hours of the night, she often visited the Tur. As she observed Mother Luna's visage retreat into a mere crescent, a little knot of instinct encouraged Jacqueline to keep an eye out for ritualists, for this was the time of the Ithaeur to come to their full capabilities. This meant that rituals were going to be flying left and right like tiny birds.

In response, Jacqueline brought her own Ritual equipment to aid her however she could and the assorted salts, sands, paints, brushes, and other means of channeling for ritualism in a small but fairly dense sachel, enough so that when she walked swiftly, she huffed and puffed in exertion.

It didn't take all that long to find Tony Ward, sitting in a particularly grassy patch of dog park with a book and presumedly his own supplies. Even in the starry night, Jacqueline's grin almost shone in her excitement, "I figured that I'd run into you eventually, especially on a night like tonight. It is an honor, Ritemaster Ward. I am Jacqueline Navarre, a Cahalith of the Hirfathra Hissu and I desire your tutelage"

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyebrows raised at the formality Jacq addressed him with It was obviously a first for him, as even her Alpha had been more casual with him then that.

"Um, sure." He smiled a bit, and a huff of air that was probably a held back laugh escaped him. "And just call me Tony."

Tony slipped his book into his bag before returning his gaze to his new apprentice. "So what do you know, and what exactly are you hoping to learn?"

E
    Enoich

The first introduction was crucial, Jacqueline mused as the memories of her previous mentor flooded back into her. While there can be respect given to your packmates and your alpha, the direct teacher under you, especially a ritemaster had to be treated with considerable respect, even if they were deemed unworthy of it. They were imparting knowledge that was hidden, that not every Uratha knew but could know under proper tutelage.

Tony seemed a bit nonplussed by this treatment however, so as a soul of adaptation, Jacqueline eased back a bit on the formality and set her own ritual bag on the ground, nodding in response, "I appreciate it Tony. While I have developed some Ritual knowledge, I currently am only an apprentice, with two rites practiced; The Rite of Dedication, which is a staple, and the Rite of the Spirit Brand. I figured that the last meeting at the Tur would have a recognition of our fellow's renown, but that whole business with the Reclaimers... Likely soured the situation."

A few moments of silence passed as worry crept down Jacqui's spine. She might not be the greatest Ritualist, but she was willing to learn. To some teachers, her very auspice would get her laughed out. "I know I am not the most advanced and that Mother Luna did not bless me with the Ithaeur's swiftness of knowledge... However, I am determined to learn, to advance my pack and the cause in Sacramento."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

They were a random addition to the Tur meet, and not a welcome one at that." His mind flashed back to his Alpha's response to the scenario. While Tony didn't care much one way or the other, he couldn't help but wonder if Slick's history with the pack meant he'd have to deal with the Reclaimers at some point with the rest of his pack.

As Jacq professed her newness the Ithaeur simply shrugged and crossed his arms. "Everyone starts somewhere. Were you looking to learn any specific rites?"

E
    Enoich

With a faint smile, Jacqueline nods in regards to the Reclaimers. She didn't have all that much fondness for their intrusion, but it certainly broke up the monotony. Still, it seemed as if Tony wasn't all that eager to discuss them any further for good reason. A splinter group could both cause major havoc or cause dissension between the Forsaken of Sacramento. She would have to be careful for any schisms in the tumultuous whole and try to mend them as quickly as she could.

Then the question arrived. What rites did she want to learn? It was evident that she wanted to learn them all, but that would sound far too pretentious and egoistical. She had heard many famous rites being invoked and there were certainly many contenders. So with little hesitation, the artist responded, "The ritual of Binding Spirits would be extremely helpful, as my Pack is composed of a high amount of Bone Shadows. Meanwhile, the other two are well known for being rash, so eventually I would like to learn how to heal the extreme wounds that wolves cannot heal themselves... Otherwise, I am not all that picky."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ithaeur's eyebrows raised a bit as Jacq requested her Rites. Those were some involved rites for a pup, but then he wasn't much more experienced when he had picked up those rites.

"Those are some tall orders." Tony started, obviously surprised by the requests. "Fortunately I know them if you are ready to learn."

Kelreth
    How do you want to handle this? Tony explains/does the rites and Jacq can try some other time?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Tony can demonstrate the Rites though Jacqueline can not learn them until she has proper knowledge of the complexity involved (sufficient dots in Rites)

E
    Enoich

Of course she was ready, Of course she was ready,OF COURSE SHE WAS READY!

If it wasn't clear, Jacqueline felt herself entirely competent and able in handling the task ahead of her, so putting her thoughts into action, she took out a small notepad and a soft lead pencil and nodded, "Ready when you are, Ritemaster Tony."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

When the Cahalith responded Tony did something no other in Sacramento had seen him do in years. He smiled.

"Alright, first thing's first," Tony started as he reached into his bag. "Healing."

"When you do this right people need to be evenly spaced around you in a circle, think like spokes on a wheel with you at it's center." Hands pulled out the rudiments of a first aid kit, some alcohol and a cloth. "Once they're arranged you need to make a big to do about cleaning the wounds. It's part of the ritual to ceremonially clean them, but what matters is the loads of Essence you sink into it. I use these to ritually sanitize the wounds, but licking the wounds or just pouring clean water works too."

"After that you have to say a chant to the Spirits of our ancestors, and to ones of Strength and Mercy. And unlike many rites it's say, not howl." The Ithaeur indicated the difference before starting the chant.

Without a subject to heal there really wasn't that much else to the rite, and as he completed the chant he looked to his pupil. "Sound easy enough?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last