Ended
Watch

The Rite Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    E
    Enoich

As soon as the Ritemaster begins his procedure, Jacqueline's hand moves with a fluid alacrity, creating flowery and elegant cursive most appreciated in calligraphy classes and the occasional letter over anything else in life. With brief notes in shorthand and small and surprisingly detailed sketches. The procedure of it all was fascinating, the cleansing of wounds, the chanting. It all seemed very final, and for magic that could literally bring a dying wolf back to life, it was astounding.

"Chanting, I can do that... I'll be honest with you, I haven't had a major opportunity to howl and I'm sort of embarrassed to do it, so the less I have to deal with howling, the better. I sure make a great Cahalith, huh?." A moment of weakness and slight shame washed over Jacqui's face before she realized her train of thought, turned as red as a beet, and hides under her notepad.

"I'm grateful for this, by the way, I know a lot of the Uratha prefer to keep in their oral history, so learning this through books is impossible. A lot of ritemasters are a lot less approachable. Maybe it's a tradition thing... Some don't see the reason in teaching Rites to those not born under the Crescent Moon."

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony listened, and at the confession of shitty howling he could only laugh.

"I suck at it." He said as he stifled the laughter. "The last time I howled was with my last pack two and a half years ago. We had just taken down a bear in a hunt and the entire pack joined in a howl. I choked on blood while the other six in our pack howled and of those six, you only really wanted to hear two of them."

He shook his head and, sure she didn't want to hear the details of his shitty howling. "Any way, It sounds like the ritemasters you've dealt with are bigots. The ritemaster of my last pack was a Cahalith. I passed him in my first couple months here, but I have Luna to thank for that and not his lack of effort."

A shrug. It was true those who changed under the Crescent were the most capable with rites, but that by no means limited the other Auspices from learning. The only barriers were egos of the ritemasters that were available to teach.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

E
    Enoich

When Tony mentioned choking mid-howl, Jacqui giggled in mirth, trying to picture a cabal of Urhan howling in triumph while one of them was trying to cough up blood. It was nice to see Uratha who didn't put up as serious of a front, trying to act either mystical or merely gruff and pissed off. The theme was wearing slightly old. "Tell me about it. Back in Eureka, there was maybe one or two of our entire group who could pull off a half-decent howl. Some of them sounded more like bellowing than anything. Guess it's an acquired skill."

"Maybe you're right about the Ritemasters... I could have had a bad exposure and that ruined my self-esteem..." She steeled herself and continued, "I have a dedication to my pack and this community to be the best I can to handle what the Spirit World throws at us. I can't just give up on them, nor can I neglect my training. What about your Pack? I think I noticed a few of them at the meeting, but what are they all about? Or is it too secret that you can't tell me?" With a grin and a wink, she laughed off the idea. No doubt Packs had secrets, but they were all towards the same goal. There was nothing wrong with sharing information.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Iron master smiled at the tale of other poor howlers but stiffened a bit at the mention of self esteem. Like the spirits they watch so carefully, the Uratha lived in a world based on the predator prey dichotomy. The Oath defined where the People should fall, but if your not confident enough to be the predator? Well, at least she was learning.

At the mention of his pack, he merely shook his head. "No idea. I tried to join Slick and her gathering, but Firebringer assimilated her and the others into the Granite Watchtower right before the attack. We're meeting sometime soon to talk about everything, but in all honesty I haven't really gotten to know them that well."

He simply shrugged that last part off. Firebringer was scary as fuck, and Daniel was an ass, so the Ithaeur never really tried to get to know them. Aeneas was alright, and he did admire Slick even if he wouldn't admit it, but time constraints and apathy were an odd thing among Urdaga.

E
    Enoich

Tapping her chin in a bemused curiosity, Jacqueline listened but more importantly watched the Ithauer's body language. It seemed odd that an Uratha held in such high esteem in the community, as one as a rather advanced Ritemaster wouldn't know his own pack. In contrast, Jacqui had gotten to know her pack like brothers and sisters and while assuredly there were secrets held close to the vest, she could trust her life with them and honestly, she had to trust her life with them. "That's... That's so strange! I haven't been an Uratha for long, but everyone's been pretty open to me. I guess I haven't gotten to know Chuck too well, but Ary is like a sister to me. A big and kind of domineering sister, but that's besides the point!"

"I'm wasting your time really with all this talk. I'm sure you have important duties with the Granite Watchtower. I can always catch up another day to learn other rotes and pick up further things, unless you want to continue... I've always been intrigued by the Rite of the Sacred Hunt."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Bump?

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony simply sighed. So it was his sparkling personality that hindered his discussions with his pack.

"I'm here to teach, we can continue as long as we need to." He returned the bandages and things back to his bag before turning his gaze back to the Cahalith. "I can teach you that one to, and the binding as long as you have time."

Sorry for the wait! Kelreth Given I really don't know how to explain most of these rites, can we fade to black with Tony teaching Jacq whatever she wants that he knows?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Fade to black and teach her Rites she has access too works just fine with me.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2