Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1503) Arthur, Faye, Star, Striker

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    T

Pepper was obviously in Ladder-mode as she waltzed in and hijacked the conversation. Striker was ready to greet her but she seemed to be preoccupied with her path business. To preoccupied to even acknowledge his presence.

"Truce mate. Good to meetcha. I'm Striker in case ya missed it." he said maybe a little too loudly to the other new mage.

And Faye mentioned karaoke, they'd talked about going together. When'd she go before? Oh that's right. The one I didn't go to. Well that brought back memories. Meeting Faye for the first time. Having Star teach him a lesson and wanting to punch the little dweeb for it. Jeez was I really that thick? Striker shook his head a little as he looked down slightly and remembered his own stupidity.

He lifted his eyes again and looked at Star. "When you got a sec mate I need to ask you a favour ay." he said with what he hoped was a friendly smile.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce's smile widens at the warm reception he receives. Miach's stare is noted in his observation, dampening the mood slightly. It is awkward, since Truce hasn't taken the chance before now to inform Miach of his decision to join the Ladder.

"Hello, Star," he says in reply to the Guardian's greeting. Truce is surprised that Star is so open to talking about his Order considering the apparent policy for secrecy they have. Perhaps that was not consistent for all Guardians. "Oh, yes. I've given it quite a bit of thought, though I agree that making an informed decision is best. I'd be happy to listen to anything you'd like to share regarding the Guardians' philosophies. Even among the Ladder I'm sure that will allow us to work with each other with greater ease."

The brief interaction Truce has had with Bishop, Nous, & Zodiac still left much of the Guardians as a mystery to Truce and he wouldn't turn down an opportunity to form positive relations with them.

Looking to Striker next, Truce replies, "Striker, good to meet you as well." The reply is somewhat distant though as Truce is still wary of the man for his reputation.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Welp.

Clearly, this guy's mind was made up. That was the most politically correct thing said in months. Yuk. One thing the Eyes don't need? Sycophants. True story. Or, at least people with open minds. You never know until you ask, right? Asked. Answered.

Besides, recruiting? Super boring.

"Sure, yeah, maybe I'll catch you around?"
    Hopefully not at the Order Intermurals. Unless it was golf or tennis, Team Guardian was a bit light.

"Ummmm."

Brows furrowed as Striker spoke.

"Sure. What's up?"

It's always awkward when you talk to someone your caballera threw out of the Consilium. True story.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper glanced to Striker and nodded, not really sure how to explain that she'd mostly wanted to introduce Truce to the other Ladders. Then again, better to let that lie, Considering that maybe the volume didn't actually mean he was upset - After all, Star and Miach had introduced themselves just fine. Then Again, Pepper couldn't help remembering that incident with Aurum....

Though she definitely chuckled at Star asking Truce about the Guardians. "To be fair, Truce, if either Zoey or Nous had though you could walk the Guardians' life, they would have recruited you instead of asking me to meet you. From what I've seen they were spot on about you being a better fit with the Ladder. I would recommend talking to Star a bit about the Guardians' views though, they're interesting, to say the least." Not that she'd gotten anything like a good view of the whole, but she knew that interesting though they were, they equally weren't ideas she'd fight for.

She paused for a moment, glancing between Miach and Striker. "Truce, if you want to know about the Arrow, Striker's one of them, though -" She stopped, glanced around the room as a whole, and her quirked her eyebrows in confusion. "I was going to say that Asp is usually the most on top of Arrow business, but I'm not seeing her?"

As for Miach, well, he'd already said he was Mysterium, and she didn't know that much more about him, aside from his annoying tendency to not state his opinion in anything that needed a vote.

T

Pepper brought his attention back to the crowd "Uh. What? Yeah sure mate if you wanna chat later. Just gimme a tic' ay?" He said nodding at Star before taking a few steps away and hoping the Gaurdian would follow. It wasn't like he had anything super secret to say, but the conversation was clearly focused on Truce meeting the Ladders so Striker thought it best to leave them to their thing.

Striker and Star continue here.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As Striker talks with Star, her eyes turn towards Pepper and the new guys,

“So where are you guys from?” yeah, that was good.

Looking more to Truce, “I’ve recently been studying for the Exam, so if you need help or anything, let me know.” She offers with a smile.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Factotum exams?" Arthur asks with a scrunched nose. "I was studying for that back home before heading out here. I think I'm nearly there?" He shrugs. Welcome to the Silver Ladder now read these books that make bibles look small.

"I'm from the upper Midwest. It's actually fairly nice here compared to home." Not feets of snow? Yes please.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"You might find it easier here - there were issues with how the last Lex and Charter were set up, so everything got scrapped and we don't have enough new precedent yet to push things into 'Massive' territory." She chuckled at Arthur's description of Lex Magica though. "The ones I saw back in Massachusetts weren't exactly bound books.mostly they were multiple accordion folders. It was hell, because paper would always wind up in the wrong folder. I always ended up spending hours making sure that they ended up in the right folders."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

To Pepper, Truce replies, "Ah, yes. I had plans to speak with Asp regarding the Arrow but I guess your description of the Ladder resonated so well with me that it slipped my mind. Actually, I believe I had plans to speak with her anyways today if possible."

As Star and Striker slip away, Truce gives a small wave in farewell.

To Faye, Truce answers, "Arizona, actually. So it's not all that different of a climate change, moving to California. But I am interested in hearing more about this Factorum exam. I'm still a student of academia, specifically Psychology, so taking an exam seems to be a commonplace thing for me as of late. I imagine it's nothing so mundane as what I'm thinking of, is it?" He lifts a finger to brush his temple idly and with some embarrassment.

Miach

PRE

While Miach had wanted a talk with Striker too, it seemed the man was already busy with Star for now. It would have to wait for a little bit more. As the conversation moved toward the Factotum exam, the mystagogue couldn't help but wonder out loud.

"I'm sorry to ask this so naively, but what exactly does the Factotum exam entail, please ? Is it something more than merely a specialized lawyer ?" because it seemed to the Enchanter that people were making a great fuss about it for not much. Of course, Striker may disagree... admittedly.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread