DISPLAYED
(Night Lightning) Setting up a meet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Dark Passenger , Cabochard , sumthingpositiv

After two nights Chris Wooding is pretty sure he has got all he could form the book Aurora wanted stolen. The young night finds the Reeve in his office after calling for help from his fellow Kindred. Nearby, the possessed butler is snoozing peacefully, still tied to the chair from the evening before. It looks like the bonds don't bother him much as he is wheezing slightly and drooling. The haphazardly bandaged wounds have mostly closed and clotted by now and, thanks to Chris's food, colour has returned to the butler's face. The Mekhet has also noticed the night before that the weird mannerisms have almost disappeared from the man's behavior and only an old-fashioned accent remains.

Matthew, the book and the Reeve are waiting for the help to arrive before contacting the professor.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Violence has many interpretations and being that Katya focused more on kink, her term of violence had less to do with real life situations and more with play. This does not mean that it was any less painful. In her vehicle is a duffel bag with all her play session items. Leather whip and rope in different bundles that vary in length. She means to go toy shopping in the future but hasn't had the time but she doubts nipple clamps would be useful in a fight.

Respecting the rules of Elysia, Katya leaves her bag locked in her car and enters Nox, heading downstairs and looking for the Reeve. Choosing to go practical, she comes in wearing combat boots, black jeans and a hooded sweatshirt over a t-shirt in the event she needs to hide her face. Her braided hair is bunched up into a neat ponytail so it can be concealed.

Standing outside Chris' office, she knocks on the door and waits to be greeted.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The Deputy arrived, proud to finally have achieved what she wanted. It felt good to be appreciated, or at least it did until she saw who else had apparently been called. Who was this woman? The little Shadow stepped up behind her, her Beast rearing its head and snarling its displeasure. She briefly considered drawing her knife and putting it through her back, before setting that thought aside as the work of the Beast. The little Shadow had opted for her usual practical clothing - a dark blue hoodie under a leather jacket, reinforced biker pants, and her combat boots - and would have been very uncomfortable with all the heat about, had she cared about such things anymore. Her knife was planted firmly in her boot, the shadows drawn to hide it from sight. She waited silently behind the other woman for the door to open.

Knife Obfuscated, 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-17 08:43:45 Rina Yui rolls 6 to Obfuscate 1. (Wits + Larceny + Obf) (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 7, 6, 9 1 success
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Not long after the knock on the door, Chris opens it. 'Ladies,' he starts with a charming smile, 'please come in.' He's wearing his informal black suit, suitable for many occasions.

He holds the door open, 'Deputy Rina Yui, thank you for coming so soon. Please meet Katya Harding, a recent arrival to Sacramento. Katya, this is Deputy Yui, Whip of Clan Mekhet.' He closes the door behind them and makes his way to his own chair, inviting the others to sit down at the opposite side of the desk. As if it's just a normal night, with a man tied to a chair in his office.

He gives them a short moment to ask anything, or introduce themselves further. But there's also more time for that later. So, 'Shall we get straight to business then? You're both probably wondering who this man is, I will get to that later. Because more important is this book.' He puts his hand on a journal lying on his desk. 'I stole this book from a the Saunders family, a wealthy family. It gives details on research and an experiment done by Matthew Saunders, who found a way to continue to exist as a ghost, letting his mind persist beyond death. That man is currently possessed by Matthew Saunders.' He points at the bound man.

There's a small smile, the experiment succeeded.

'How did I found out that the Saunders family was in possession of this secret? Professor Aurora Hitchwick told me. This woman is hoping to start using electricity as part of a method to extend cells' lifespan. Now the link here is that Matthew used electricity to have his body die in extreme emotional and physical excitement - resulting in him becoming a ghost.'

The smile widens slightly. Chris is mostly just excited to be researching all this. 'Why are you here? We need to bring this book back to Aurora Hitchwick - and then get rid of her. Both Matthew Saunders and I would prefer it if her research is not continued. As Kindred, we have no interest in mortals living longer. And he sees how the results of his experiment is unpredictable, so no more people should die a meaningless death.'

'This was the short version, I hope clear enough. Do you have any questions before start thinking about the next step?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"A few." The Shadow gazed at the Reeve from across his desk, not an emotion showing itself on her face. Her eyes glanced at the possessed man when he was mentioned, and she stored away who and what he was. She also added a few more checks to the incompetence counter. "Why must we bring the book back to Miss Hitchwick, if we intend to kill her anyway? Why can we not just destroy the book? Why do you need two people to assist you in the murder of Kine?" Seriously, was the Reeve losing his touch already? "It seems to me that this is a simple case of catching her between home and work, and dragging her into a dark alley."
    Aspect of the Predator

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

The man in the chair stirs, waking up. Eyes pop open and momentary horror seizes them before his body violently convulses and settles into a pose that Chris has come to associate with Matthew over the last few nights. A faint rumble can be heard from behind the cloth, as the man shakes his hands attracting attention to his bound state:

"M-m-m! R-m-m!"

s
    sumthingpositiv

When Katya hears footsteps behind her, she turns and then feels her muscles tighten and looks down to conceal the sneer spread across her face while her eyes roll in the back of her head. She does not appreciate this potential threat sneaking up behind her and wants to teach it a lesson, that is until she closes her eyes and reigns in her basic instincts to recognize Rina. She gives a brief nod and says "Good evening Miss Yui."
    It's when Chris let's her in that she gives a polite nod and then she stops to notice the man tied in the chair, keeping her gaze on him as she takes a seat.

She says nothing and just listens as Chris fills her in on his reason for contacting both of them. The entire time she listens she makes occasional glances to the man tied up and then back to Chris. Once Chris is finished, Katya's mind is going a mile a minute, the psychological scientist in her is thinking about the power of emotional and physical excitement and its transformative qualities. this is the first time she's heard of it extending to kine. But is it really the emotional and physical stimuli that activates this transformation or are we looking at a form of Frankenstein's ghost?

Katya waits for Chris to answer Rina's questions before asking her own. Rina does bring up a good point, it does seem strange that he'd need both of them for help, unless of course there was more to the Professor than just being simple kine. Perhaps it was her professional ties that makes taking her out more complicated.

After Rina's questions are answered, Katya chimes in, "I also have just a few questions about Professor Hitchwick. Where does she work and is she doing this for personal gain or fto publish her findings in a medical journal?" Such research on cells would require some form of research board approval, unless of course she was doing this for herself and was doing it in secret.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris rises again to take a few slow steps in the bound man's direction. Meanwhile, he speaks, 'Well, I'm hesitant to do this alone because Aurora works at the university, with others near her. She has a lot of resources at her disposal.'

He starts to remove a rope from the man's mouth, so that he can speak. 'I want to keep this book for myself, because I want to study it more. But by giving it to her first, I can make sure that she gives us money that she promised.' He's not going to deny that an extra is always nice.

'I think her goal is to publish her work, that cannot happen. Which is also why I need you both, I think we may need to destroy some evidence, her other findings as well. Before someone simply picks up where she left off. Otherwise we could try to meet on neutral ground.'

In case the body is still possessed and in-control, Chris will offer Matthew some water.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Matthew coughs for a few seconds and gulps the water down hungrily:

"Damn this", - the voice is somewhat raspy but to the new Kindred who have never heard him speak before, it's normal, - "I can't wait to get out of this crappy body, it's not exactly something to walk around and have fun in".

He looks toward the two women, a sort of abstract curiousity in his eyes:

"There's more to that bitch than meets the eye. I sensed a shadow in my room before. That's how I knew that lighting it on fire might work. It helped get rid of the shadow. She must have hired you after her plan A got fucked up by me and my boys".

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina raised an eyebrow at Wooding. Incompetence and greed? "She cannot possibly spend all her time at the university. She is kine. They need to sleep, to eat, to go to the bathroom. She must live at home. She need to walk or drive to that home, and in any case, unless she happens to be very important to both the university and some very powerful people, nothing prevents you from taking her at her home, or outside her home." Options, there were many. "And can you not set aside a desire for money in the service of the Domain?"
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread