Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

No such thing as too much Dakka

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    T

"Ok. You should have taken the time to aim instead of just reeling them off like that." Chuck said a little deprecatingly after seeing the results. He hadn't aimed, but the results spoke volumes, clearly he didn't need to. His ego inflated as he unconsciously gave himself a 'better-than-Jacki' sticker.

"Now there's something else I've been thinking about that I wanted to try with Simon, but if you're game then we'll give it a shot." He said with a slight smile as he waited for Jacqueline's response before continuing.

E
    Enoich

"What can I say? You were blessed by Mother Luna to beat me in a shooting contest~" Jacqueline was speaking sarcastically, although she was certain luck was being tilted heavily in the favor of her Alpha. Or maybe he was just a much better shot, it was difficult to tell. Still, he wasn't being ridiculously caustic and that was impressive in and of itself. If the situation was reversed, there certainly would have been more good-natured ribbing, or even a hefty dose of taunting, but like with everything, Chuck seemed all about business. While it created a degree of distance in personality, Jacqueline could respect the man for his actions, "I couldn't rightly claim any victory if I wasn't firing at the same cadence and if the shot meant anything and I had time, sure, I'd aim for it. Of course I would."

Chuck's last comment hinted at something entertaining, if not slightly dangerous, and after the sensation of a dozen recoils, Jacqui's adrenaline was flowing quite nicely. In her excitement, she was bouncing on the balls of her feet, hair flouncing slightly in the windswept plain. After all, what was the worst that could happen? "You've got something interesting? Shoot... I meant that figuratively, not... gah, you know what I mean. What did you want to do?"

T

Chuck did nothing more than frown at Jacqueline's sarcasm, and she backed it up with a fair defense of her actions so it didn't bother him too much.

"Shoot actually." He replied with a half grin, glad she seemed up for it, even though she hadn't heard the bulk of his idea. "Look those first shots we took, taking 10 seconds to aim them, they're not going to be useful practice for real combat. So what I wanted..." He paused for a second. "...Was to practice shooting at someone who trying to hit, stab, claw or bite me." he raised his hands defensively, expecting outrage or disbelief. "Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting I actually shoot at you. I've got blanks." He lowered his hands again and looked at her with a discerning gaze trying to judge her reaction. "So what do you think? Useful or stupid?"

E
    Enoich

Arcing a brow in curiosity, Jacqui rocked on the balls of her feet while she listened to Chuck's explanation. letting the concept roll around in her head. It was true that aiming was a luxury that was generally absent in the heat of combat. Additionally, trying to deal with an enemy within twenty-one feet gave advantage to any short-ranged aggressor, as they both well knew. However to practice it was another matter.

"I'm actually a bit shocked," She mentioned with no particular tone in her voice, "Your plan is for have one of us charge at the other at full speed while the other fires a blank, possibly close enough to do damage? That has to be the most irresponsible, irrational, and overall ridiculous exercise ever." Leaving a few seconds for dramatic effect, she flashed a fiercely excitable grin and exclaimed, "Of course I want to do it, let's get it started!"

T

He had actually opened his mouth to further explain before Jacqueline grinned and made her exclamation.

"Great. Let's get started then. Just... Go for it. Don't pull your punches or whatever you're going to do." He loaded in six blanks from the box he'd acquired and held the pistol by his side ready. "Once I'm out of rounds we'll call it hey?" he confirmed. The possibility of Jacqueline taking him to the ground before he unloaded six shots didn't even occur to him.

Initiative:15
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-09 08:24:01 Chuck rolls 1 die for initiative 8

E
    Enoich

Oh... Pulling her punches? How would she put up with herself if she did something like that?

In a moment of focus, Jacqueline burst out of her clothing in a poof of furry energy, her relatively giant Urshul form leaping furiously towards her opponent. While she was still technically shorter than Chuck, most of her growth was forward, making her look like some kind of crazy ebon monstrosity and giving her a few extra feet of distance as she threw herself into combat

Initative: Actually 15
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-09 11:37:23 Jacqui rolls 1 die for initiative 8

Don't pull your punches. That phrase kept echoing in her head as a lupine fervor took over. Jacqueline always tended to feel a lot more... free whenever she was in her shifted forms and while she could still reason, the sheer amount of senses rolling in from an enhanced scent gave her sort of a limited chance to actually plan. She wasn't going to maul her alpha, but there was no point in just bumping into him like they did in Ary's basement. This was in preparation for a Pure attack! She had to go all out. Oversized claws ready, Jacqueline certainly did not pull her slash.

2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-09 12:09:03 Urshul Jacqui rolls 7 to Slashing all anger-like (STR+Brawl+Specialty+AoA) (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 4, 8, 6, 7 2 successes

T

Chuck took a breath as Jacqueline's small form shifted into the shape of a dire wolf and lunged at him. It was what he expected, what he asked for, and yet it was still intimidating.

He winced as her claws ripped through his clothes. Dammit, I should have worn something easier to replace. At least I have a change of clothes in my bag.

Thoughts rushed through his head as he pulled the pistol up directly in line with the massive wolf's muzzle in front of him and fired off the first blank he'd loaded. The proximity of the noise and the wad of paper that was fired instead of a bullet should have given an indication to Jacqueline how well Chuck's shot went off. But Chuck was still bleeding and Jacqueline would be, at best, distracted for a second if she even let it bother her.

4 suxx head shot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 10:36:17 Chuck rolls 3 to Forgotten Damage (10 Again) 8, 9, 2 2 successes
    2015-04-11 10:24:10 Chuck rolls 3 to Shoot the Wolf (Dex+Fire+Spec-3 Head shot) (10 Again) 8, 1, 10, 1 2 successes
    Chuck spends one essence to heal one Lethal reflexively and is now on -1 Essence/1 lethal damage

E
    Enoich

RIP AND TEAR! YOU'RE HUGE! YOU MUST HAVE HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAAAAAAAR! Hehehehe, I've always wanted to say that.

Jacqueline's furious lunge had been stymied by a bright flash and a disorienting blast of gunpowder right near her face. The bastard! He had actually scored a hit and her attack was ineffective. A seeping rage began to build around her as her humanoid mind calculated the information. The weapon was the concern after all. If the gun was unable to fire, she would win by default! It was clearly a foolproof plan that would only fail due to her own inability, however eventual that would be.

Turning her lupine head toward's chuck, she took a moment to stare into his face, snarling and opening her sizeable muzzle to reveal a full mouth of gnashing carnivorous teeth and a waft of bloody breath, her reddened eyes staring at her alpha with the primal ferocity of the beast. Intimidation was key to facing down a greater foe and a good healthy roar followed by a ferocious bite should do the trick something fine.

1 Suxx to intimidate Chuck
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-13 15:21:07 JacquiWolf rolls 6 to Intimidates her Alpha! (10 Again) 2, 1, 2, 9, 1, 4 1 success

3 Suxx on Arm Bite!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-13 15:09:34 JacquiWolf rolls 5 to Bite the Offending Arm (STR+Brawl+Bite+AoA-Targetted Attack: Arm (2)) (10 Again) 1, 10, 10, 6, 4, 8, 2 3 successes

The scent of blood in the air was a tempting perfume... Rend.. and tear...

T

OOC

As Jacqueline took a moment to stare Chuck down he spent that same timing lining her up down his sights. Stationary targets are so much easier to hit. Only her show of snarling and teeth reminder him that she wasn't pulling any punches his eyes widened as she leaped directly for his arm. He dodged out of the way completely, leaving her unnaturally massive jaws to snap at the air but also missing the opportunity to take another shot. He looked at the wolf before him with concern. Jacki seemed to be into this. Really into this. Chuck wondered briefly if she was still in control or if she might Kuruth on him at any moment.

Jacki does scare Chuck
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-14 10:33:42 Chuck rolls 5 to You don't scare me (Res+Com) (10 Again) 6, 4, 1, 4, 2 failure
    Chuck aims, then dodges. Also spends one essence to heal a lethal damage. Totals: -2 Essence, 0 damage

E
    Enoich

Jacqui could see as her Alpha tasted fear, or at least mild concern. It was rare to see the man hold any extreme emotion for long. As a direct contrast, Jacqui swam in emotion, especially now. The scent of the freshly clawed dirt, rich with the loam that made it fine farmland, contrasted sharply with the wafting scent of early-morning donut shops and freshly fried dough. There was also the smell of blood.

Despite the Elodoth's attempts to regenerate any lethal harm, the blood still loomed thick in her nostrils; a heady feeling for any Uratha. How could she give up yet? Chuck only fired one bullet and the contest was for six, right? Still, in the still logical and sane part of her mind, she did not desire to see him lose too much of his essence regenerating his wounds, just in case he needed to use it elsewhere. Still, the feral desires lurked not far, dreaming of terrible and delicious things ahead.

He would fire again, and with greater accuracy this time, since he didn't fire already. It was important to stay on ones guard. Jacqui reminded herself that she had the superior fighting ability, in this monster of a form, and would easily swat aside any blows if she were only... a bit more cautious. Staying in a close distance, enough to slap away a hesitant gun, Jacqueline the Urshul sent an already blood-soaked claw roaring forth towards Chuck.

Scratch Attack Missed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-15 08:49:25 Jacqueline the Urshul rolls 4 to Use Scratch Attack! (STR+Brawl+Claw+Specialty) (10 Again) 7, 6, 1, 7 failure

Her caution sent the blow wide, letting out a snuff of frustrated breath as she kept the aggression on her foe, Not ready to charge until he does.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last