Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Talking it over

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

The low murmur of conversation lay under the clinks and thocks, of cutlery against ceramics and ceramics against table top and the hiss of the steam from the barista's coffee machine and the soft sounds of milk being poured into complex pattern atop the creamed beverages.

Chuck asked Aryana to meet him at a cafe where he knew he could get a secluded booth at the back despite the mid morning coffee run of the nine to fivers. He sat sipping his espresso, a half eaten bagel on his plate next to the daily newspaper, open at the business section.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana didn't fit in at the cafe. To be fair, the tall woman didn't fit in much of anywhere. She was on the bigger side, wore combat-ready clothing, but, most of all, there was her aura. People were afraid of the Wolf inside her, even if they didn't know it enough to admit it. Whenever Ary walked by someone, they stepped away, made space, tried their best not to catch her predatory eye.

She stalked across the room and dropped into the booth, across from Chuck. Arms crossed and she leaned back into her seat, her eyes drifting across the room, checking for potential enemies. Her nose twitched as she picked out scents and associated them with specific things. Finally, she looked back at Chuck. "Hi."

T

Chuck nodded and gave a brief smile at Aryana as she entered, not realizing just how much she didn't fit in in his usual environment. "Do you want anything to eat? I'm buying." He said to her gesturing to the counter as she sat.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Did she want anything to eat? Ary always needed something to eat. Every time she ate damn near anything short of a full three-course meal, she would be starving again within the hour. Even a full meal would only tide her over for so long. Like many other animals, the Werewolf needed five meals a day rather than the standard three. And even five was pushing it. "Yeah, sure. I'll have...whatever you had. Minus the drink. Just the bagel."

T

Chuck smiled, glad to provide. He jumped up and ordered another 3 bagels from the counter. Ham, cheese and tomato. Then placed two in front of Aryana and the third in front of his seat as he sat down.

"So I wanted to talk. Get to know you better. Let you have a chance to ask questions or make any comment you want." He said seriously before taking a bite out of the bagel.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary grabbed up one of the bagels set in front of her and immediately busied herself eating it. She took huge chunks out, not particularly caring how she looked so long as she put food in her belly. She raised an eyebrow at Chuck, not saying anything - her mouth was full - but making it clear. He could start asking the questions.

T

Chuck considered his pack-mates eating as he slowly chewed his own small bite. It reflected her attitude as far as he had seen.

"So we need territory. The last endeavor obviously didn't go so well. I was wondering what your thoughts were for moving forward, or if you had any extra information that we could use. I don't want to put ourselves in an awkward situation like last time." he said before taking another small bite.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary puts her food down, picking up a napkin to wipe off her face. While she does that, she considers her answer. "I don't know anything else. No one's said anything to me." No one really wanted to talk to her. Not since that first Tur. "We need to talk to the Alpha. See what he's willing to give up."

T

Chuck paused mid bite, then swallowed. "You don't know anything?" he confirmed before looking at something unimportant in the distance. Seems I'll have to do my own running around.

"A meeting with the Alpha is on the cards. I'll let you know when it comes up." he paused, then frowned. "Look I wanted to talk about territory, but if you've got nothing to add maybe this isn't the time." he said wiping his mouth with a napkin. He shifted in his seat as though about to stand up. "Unless you've got anything else?" he questioned.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary pauses for a moment, considering, then shakes her head. "Nope, that's it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last