Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(0315) Coronation of Desires

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

A few weeks before the Coronation, a note was displayed in the various places of communal gathering for those of the Freehold.

“The Spring Court invites those of you interested to submit one Desire you wish to be fulfilled. We will try our best, within reason, to assist. However, please do not be dismayed if we are unable to do so. There will be more details during Coronation or ask a member of the Court if you have further questions. If you choose to participate, please bring your request in a sealed envelope.”

In the back of the Rose Garden, within several weeks after the Spring’s meeting, the transformation began. The smaller canopy was replaced with vibrant greens and the tiniest of colors awaiting to turn into full blossoms. Pergolas, arbors, trellis and wisteria; all awaited for the turning of the Season.

Along one side, Mrs. Rosemary had outdone herself again. Rich and decadent hors d’oeuvres, fruits, entrees, and desserts awaited neatly for the Freehold to partake in their immediate desires. Off to one side a singular small table with only two chairs held pens, envelops and small pieces of paper, just in case. The Damask box sat there, a small slot on top the lock apparent for all to see, but what was unseen was the enchantment the box also held. The Queen was serious about the anonymity and pledge that their court took.

A sign outside the Rose Garden stated Private Function, Invited Guests Only. Violet was currently unseen outside on the grounds of the patio.

This is a Sticky scene set on the evening of March 20th and will run for a month from the initial post date. Please mark your arrival here and split into conversations when necessary. At some point in the evening, it will be possible to swear the Freehold pledge. Enjoy and welcome to the start of Spring in Sacramento.

**For those of you participating in desire submissions, please send the PM to Selena, aka 'the box'.

Canopy on the Verge of Spring

Lynn Mills

Lynn slipped past the "Guests Only" sign with a slight smile. One of these days she'd have to actually come here when it was open to the public, just to see how it looked with normal people. But today was something special, the moment when Winter would yield to Spring and the Emerald court would once again rule. It was also the one year anniversary of her arrival her in Sacramento and she was feeling just a bit giddy about it. She'd never dreamed when she came here that today she'd be in the position of actually becoming known for her songs, but here she was, actually doing it. And that lead her to think of the one small wrapped package in the outside pocket of her fiddle case. It was a CD, the song on it written and recorded all in honor of the Court that had welcomed her to this new city full of chances. She hoped that Violet enjoyed it.

Making her way towards the back, Lynn looked around, searching for any sign of her sovereign or Mrs. Rosemary. She'd come as early as possible to try and help get things ready, but it looked like it was all well in hand already.

"Hello? Mrs. Rosemary ? Is there anything I can do to help set up?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex bounces in, looking around at the preparations eagerly and spotting Lynn. "Lynn! Hi! Have you seen anyone else yet? I'm glad they added the paper and envelopes, I was wondering if there'd be people who wouldn't write anything until they got here!" He beamed to her, and indicated the corner of a box sticking out of a pocket of his olive green cargo shorts.

"I'm really excited, I can't wait to find out what we can do for people!"

Lynn Mills

Lynn turned and smiled back at Alex. "Hey, no I haven't, but I just walked in myself." She glanced down at the box and then back up to the exuberant Windwing, one eyebrow arched and a sicked grin on her lips. "I'll refrain from making any jokes that involve a box and your pants; but I have to admit I'm curious as to what it's for."

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Along strolled a Claviger, smiling brighter than sunlight sparking off of the dew on an azalea's petals. Her right hand rode atop the handle of her most cherished cane, her left hand rode the stem of a freshly emptied martini glass, and on her back rode a fine cape clasped about her throat with a faux silver chain. It was merely a costume, after all, but oh, what a brilliant costume it was! She'd had to get rid of the gloves, sadly, as there were some things that just never came out, but the rest of the outfit had survived intact and the memory of the last time she'd worn it filled her with an effusive hope. A hope evident in her smile as she capered over to Lynn, and whose essence was no doubt guessed by the inquisitive Alex.

"Dear friends! Welcome to the start of the most wonderful season," Coco declared, her empty drink raised high in salute.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire had read the sign at the Blue Note for the preparation of the Spring’s coronation. The night before, there was a waste basket full of paper. Some crinkled into a ball, some with envelopes shredded and then crinkled, or scattered into the basket. Finally, she came to terms with submitting the request and the wording upon the paper. This still didn’t stop her from pacing by it in the kitchen where it laid.

The Dancer arrived and walked into the patio area. The lush greens were stifling at first to the Onyx Courtier. The true sign that her season was over and a time for happiness and a time for renewal. However, would the results of her desire give her what she wanted.

The dress L’aire had borrowed from someone at work. Well, more like permanently on loan. The woman thought the dress too busy. The Dancer seemed to fit into it like it was made for her. Hemmed just enough so she didn’t have a repeat from the Valentine’s party.

Timidly and hesitant, the Onyx Dancer gracefully walked toward the box. There were already Spring’s present, she finally remembered to smile at them. She was nervous about it as it was. Stepping to the box, L’aire slipped the letter in the slot. It didn’t seem to want to go completely in, so the Fairest leaned forward and gently blew it further in.

Popping her head up quickly, the Fairest pivoted around and waved. “Hi, hello. I was just trying to get it in further. I had to blow it.”

L'aire's Dress

*Desire sent to Springs.

Lynn Mills

Turning away from Alex, Lynn grinned at Coco and waggled her fingers in a quick hello. The Claviger was as effervescent as usual and dressed to kill; hopefully not literally. "Hello there Coco."

She would have said more, but she was a bit distracted by the slim dancer who slipped in behind her. She was obviously nervious, but none the less she crossed the yard to place her request in the box that Violet had prepared for it. Lynn wanted to grin in triumph that their they would be able to help at least one person but suppressed it, not wanting to give the dancer any reason to think she was being mocked. Instead she stepped forwards and smiled warmly. "Hello. Thank you for trusting us with your Desire. We truly hope that we can help you achieve it."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex laughed and rubbed his neck a bit in embarrassment, but breathed a sigh as Coco and Sasha provided a quick distraction. He grinned to Coco and nodded enthusiastically, then took a closer look to the dancer.

"Oh! You danced with Kyle on Valentines! That was beautiful, by the way. I'm Alexander Addler - shorten it as you wish." He offered her a hand, then gave a nod to Lynn.

"The box is just some envelopes, paper and pens. I wasn't sure if we'd have any here."

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Man... it's too soon for this. The Coronation was just a footnote in Kyle's mind only a few days ago. A place for a plan and all sorts of ambitious ideas. He had spent nights up late thinking of ways to make his first Spring Court function memorable and time had flown. Now here he is, at the Rose Garden. Again. At least most of the place is still green. Green Kyle can deal with.

He's even looking green.

Favoring a with no undershirt and some cargo shorts, Kyle might look like a total freakin hippie to the mundane eye. It's not the real reason behind it, though; the Minstrel wants to make an impression. His Woodstock-worthy vest will eventually be shed to reveal the form that he's had to accept as his own. Scars, horns, green body hair and all. And, like Lynn, he's also got a disk with him. A two dollar CD-RW with 'Spring Coronation' scrawled in Kyle's shorthand. With a Sharpie, of course.

Kyle's eyes find the table that his Queen had set up for depositing 'the desires' and he smiles. He really can't wait to see the thing fill up. And who should be dropping in a request but a girl who had to be Sasha. The body language alone is enough to tell, but Kyle recognizes her glow.

"Hey guys." Smiles and waves, all around. People are becoming easier to recognize. Lynn with her fiddle. Cosima with the antennae. Alex cut a certain profile with those feathers and almost-wings.

"Hey, Sasha." A particularly special smile for her.

S
    Sasha

Oh please tell me I won’t be the only one to submit anything tonight. L’aire looked around, there weren’t many there yet. But, it was still pretty early.

Shaking her head at the Darkling, her hand waved a little to the side. “It’s really okay if you don’t.” Because I honestly don’t know if anyone can.

Pivoting quickly the chirping sound of the Verdant Windwing caught her attention as much as his voice. L’aire gently nodded. “Yeah, that was me. And thank you kindly, Alex.” Extending her hand with nimble grace. Her glow volumizing slightly, a timid and modest smile crept on her face. “I really didn’t think many were watching.” She said quietly.

With that, she heard the sound of leaves. The Dancer hardly turned around to find the Minstrel arriving. L’aire’s smile sweetened further. “Hello Kyle.”

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread