Ended
Watch

What do you call this?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Sasha

“Malcolm, yes, he and I know each other well. We’ve had coffee a few times.” They were both Onyx, bound to speak to one another. There were so few remaining.

“Oh yes… and Nathan.” A tremor of apprehension. “He really caught me off guard at the party.” L’aire admitted to the Minstrel. “You uh, didn’t make him do that, did you?” Gently wondering, but not accusing. Pausing to look at him, before getting into the truck and unlocking the door. Popping a mint into her mouth as she rounded the truck.

More things he said played in her mind. “Business and pleasure?” Curiously questioning the word. The woman seemed a little off kilter. Considering Terri had pointed out some strange things, if she was interested in Kyle, or they had a history, she wasn’t about to get involved in…

“Oh, what? Girlfriend?” L’aire’s head jut back as she looked to him from the driver’s seat. Maybe she didn’t have to worry about her after all.

Turning over the truck, she leaned over more than necessary and playfully whispered. “So, where to now?” The Dancer had nothing to worry about with Coco it seemed. It was less to do with jealousy but more the warning she got from her squirrely friend.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"He... what? No, I didn't know he was gonna do that. I came over to tell you I was leavin soon and saw him all dour and serious lookin." Kyle sounds more surprised than anything. Did he mention my name? That why she thinks it was me? The Emerald and Onyx still haven't really talked about what happened that day. He didn't pry then, but he might have to today.

Once inside the truck, Kyle does a quick once over to make sure he doesn't have salad dressing down the front of his shirt. Satisfied, he looks back up at Sasha. "Yeah. What was her name?. Uh..." he looks off into a corner, lightly snapping his fingers and trying to jar his memory. "Catherine! That was it. Well, anyways, I did talk to Nathan and Coco a little before I went to go sing." Thinking back on the moment that made him walk away in the first place puts a small frown on his face. He sighs a little as he tries to shake the negative vibe.

"Oh. Um... if you could bring me back to my place? At some point I gotta start workin on that new material. Can't really give you a preview before it's finished." He smiles playfully. As his gaze shifts to the view through the windshield, he continues on "Anyway, Coco suggested we talk about a sorrow that we were leavin behind. Guess it was like a transition from the previous season. Or somethin. She didn't really tell us hers directly... I just got a feelin it had somethin to do with Catherine bein gone. She was all backwards about it, talkin about Nathan's--" The Minstrel stops mid-sentence, mouth hung slightly but noticeably open. That's what is was... He turns to look Sasha in the eye again. "Nathan was talkin about how he made a bad first impression on you. Is that what you guys were talkin about?"

S
    Sasha

“Oh, god, no. I shouldn’t have asked if you had anything to do with it.” L’aire winced, feeling quite guilty. Shaking her head, her thoughts bled over into her voice. “I just saw you all talking earlier, then he came over… I guess I assumed. I’m really sorry.”

The Fairest’s eyes averted to the side, trying to recall the Catherine person. “Oh, I think I saw her once at some antique fair thing when I was first around.” Shrugging, not knowing that she and Coco were friends.

“Oh, now that all makes sense.” The revelation about what happened before the Autumn came to speak with her was now clear. L’aire breathed out when the Minstrel reiterated Nathan’s plea. “Yes. That’s what he came over to talk to me about. His apology was sincere. I don’t know if he understood what I meant by helping someone else.” But the Onyx would ask for a favor from him one day, she didn’t know when.

“I had a lot of… difficulties that night.” The Fairest shrugged, glad it was over. It was just one night of yuckiness she could put past her. “I sort of wanted to…”

There went my feeble attempt to flirt, or be cute. Or try something...

“Um… but yes… I can take you home.” L’aire was a little saddened that Kyle was blowing her off, or at least that’s what it sounded like. Finally she backed the truck out of the spot. As she drove through the lot, she turned onto the road toward the Minstrel’s.

“That night, I sort of wanted to…” L’aire’s cheeks went red, her lips and face froze momentarily, but she was still focused on the road. “never mind, it was cheesy anyway.”

Frustrated with herself, more than usual, she continued driving and sighed heavily, a whisper on her breath. "I just wanted to be held." Not realizing quite yet that it was aloud, she often talked to herself while driving.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"Its cool. Guess I didn't put two and two together on that one. You could easy have thought I sent him over, I guess." he responds, more calmly.

Relief washes over him. Nathan stepped up, huh? Good for him. Kyle had expected something worse. With that matter settled, he focuses on what she says afterward. His relief turns to disappointment in the span of seconds. Now he's certain he's messed up. First leaving the Coronation they way they did, and now here. She wants attention and I'm playin cool. Good job, Kyle. Smiling now would just feel out of place, so he sits and listens, watching her as she drives. His curiosity piques when her face goes red. He catches the quiet murmur under her breath.

"I... I'll do better." he says, eyes looking a little sad. He hadn't expected things to go so well with her, the way they have. She'd wanted to be comforted - by him - and he'd missed his opportunity. "I'm glad we did this. Went out and had fun. I know I've enjoyed your company." He smiles now, hoping she could see how much he wants to see her happy.

5. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire finally pulled up in the parking lot of Kyle’s. “Kyle, you’re doing the best you can. I’m surprised you’ve even wanted to be around me. Lord knows I am beyond difficult.” She paused, debating whether or not to shut off the truck, her hand fiddling with the keys in the ignition.

“I’m only good when I’m dancing, or um… a few other things.” Skating by the ‘other’ part, L’aire didn’t really want to get into that. “I wish I could verbally express myself better.” Her fingers still moved over the key ring, unsure of what to do next.

“You need to do work tonight. I understand. I had fun too. I really do enjoy your company and I appreciate you putting up with me.” Talking to him was so much easier when she didn’t have to look him in the eye.

Then the Onyx had a moment of spontaneity. L’aire unfastened her seatbelt, placed one hand on the seat and the other pulled Kyle’s face toward hers and softly kissed his lips.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

As the vehicle comes to a stop and Sasha expresses her feelings about the situation - their situation - Kyle tries to find the right words. For all her self-deprecating comments on her inability to communicate, Kyle feels like the one who can't really express himself. He can't just say nothing, nor can he risk saying the wrong thing and scaring her away. "You express yourself just fine." He's immediately dissatisfied with his response. It feels, for him, like a cop-out. A placeholder for what he really wants to say.

"Thanks." It still doesn't feel like the right thing to say. How am I going to come up with a new song if I can't even open up with this girl? He tries to catch her eye, wondering what she's thinking. Her next move takes him by surprise - which doesn't stop him from answering in kind. He holds the kiss for a moment, finally falling back to look her in the eyes. Kyle traces the edge of her hair to behind her ear with his finger. In the span on that brief moment, the words come to him almost unbidden. "I like the way you are. You're beautiful and complicated. And pure." He closes the gap again to kiss her again, more deeply this time.

S
    Sasha

Pure… the word that made ice slip through the veins of her body, it may have even went to her lips without her knowledge. While she’d done some things that were questionable, she didn’t have regrets to a few. Others… she certainly did. Things she’d never forgive herself for.

So sweet.

It felt strange to kiss in His truck, at least for a few seconds before L’aire just let go of thinking about anything. The Dancer’s kiss reciprocated the Minstrel’s, passionate and deep something inside fought at the ice teeming in her blood. The way Kyle’s hand slipped upon her face in such a caring manner made something inside clench. The Winter was aware she at odds with herself; being ready, leftover emotions, how to feel, what to feel other things and her Season.

When it came to that moment where breathing was necessary, she withdrew a little; her face leaned into his hand. In the quietest of whispers, her lips moved words onto his. “I suppose I should let you go do your composing…” A definite ‘or’ hung in the air. L’aire didn’t want to give him one impression when all she really wanted today and since a few weeks ago was a singular thing.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Hook, line and sinker. "I..." The corner of his lips turn up in a smile. The space of a breath later, his thought finishes itself. "I'm not in an hurry. You wanna come inside for a bit?" It's an innocent suggestion - at least if he puts enough spin on the thought. Its a little more comfortable there, right?

He cements the idea as an actual offer by turning his eyes in the direction of the apartment complex. This might be an opportunity to make up for his apparent failing from the Coronation event, if he has any say. He's probably always been a little thick headed - he's a guy - but second chances don't come every day.

S
    Sasha

Her shoulder’s scrunched delighted as the smile on her face. “Sure, if you’re not in a hurry.” L’aire leaned back and shut off the ignition. She squeezed his hand, then got out of the truck. Walking around as Kyle got out himself.

“So… do you have movies, or something?” Shrugging a little and slipping her hand into his. “Or, we could talk… but, um, we both know how that goes.” An apologetic smile. The Dancer was a little anxious, worrying about giving him some wrong impressions. She just needed a little more time. More concerned with emotional investments than anything.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

If he could get that kind of reaction out of her every day, he wouldn't get tired of it. He wastes no time in scuttling his way out of the seat to meet with Sasha. "Sure. Got a few classics remade on DVD. You feelin somethin by Mel Brooks?" He pushes the door open and leads her upstairs.

This thread has been going on longer than some plot threads. If you have anything else to add... go for it. I'm ready to wrap it up.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.