Ended
Watch

What do you call this?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Sasha

Her grin widened when he blushed. L’aire knew it was pretty rare for men to do so. It was ridiculously cute.

“Uh, I think I may have said that wrong.” Which wasn’t surprising, and it was completely starting to frustrate her. This was probably the first time the Dancer explained went on in her head. “I guess maybe it is passion. I connect with the song, feel its words, let it drift into my core. Sometimes it becomes me, and I let it flow through every vein.” A song played in her head for a moment. “The emotions from the song, or how it pulls from my memory. It starts from the core,” Indicating her diaphragm. “then releases all the way through my fingertips.” In a tiny motion, yet graceful, her fingers flicked away toward the wall. “Like I have to let it go before it tears me apart.” Her words becoming jagged, liquid welling on the edge of her eyelids, as she whispered. “Or I’ll turn to…” L’aire nearly said ice, but stopped herself short, realizing she was a little carried away.

Blinking several times, trying to shake off what she just did. L’aire looked down and twirled her spaghetti again. “Does it have to be that complicated to be good? I mean, look at Louie Louie. Sure, that’s not how music is anymore, but if you feel it, someone else may?” Looking up from her plate, she smiled. “I like what I heard so far. Apparently so do iTune people.”

“I already worry enough about letting people down. So, I don’t want to worry about it this time.” L’aire grinned encouragingly, popping another bite of food in her mouth.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The brown eyes of Kyle's Mask grow a little wider. To him, her words are the soul-bearing stuff inspiration is born from. He's almost mesmerized by her movements - however subtle - and the gravity of what she's sharing. That's... that's intense. Even up to the point where she almost looks like she could cry, Kyle can't look away. As far as he's concerned, she has passion enough for her entire Court. "Wow." he softly says, when she seems to move on from the moment.

Seeing her toying with her own food, he realizes he's barely touched his own. Not to be dissuaded from enjoying a perfectly good meal, he stabs a hunk of feta and stacks a generous amount of lettuce onto the end of his fork - as if he's making up for lost time. He pops the whole ordeal in his mouth and chews, nodding and trying to keep up. She's got a point. Just wish I could be grouped together with some of 'the greats'. He holds up one finger and turns his head slightly away to swallow his over-sized bite before answering. "Thanks. Well, if I have any say, there will be more stuff for people to enjoy. And soon." Conscious of the possible faux pas of smiling with lettuce in his teeth, he gives her a lopsided half-grin.

"I, uh... don't see you lettin me down any time soon. Believe me, you're one of the first people I met in Sacramento and I've yet to feel let down." He drizzles a little more dressing on his salad before lining up another bite. Before he eats it, he pauses a moment and gives her an inquisitive look. "I haven't let you down recently, have I?" He doesn't sound nervous. Just curious, maybe. And hopeful that he'll hear her say that he hasn't.

S
    Sasha

Oh, yeah that was a little too much, in public.

L’aire cringed just a tiny bit, twirling the noodles again. Her thoughts that she over did it quickly dissipated as she watched him take a huge forkful of food and try to negotiate it in his mouth. A breathy chuckle, she took another bite of food. She hadn’t been amused in a while about eating, not since another case of noodles a while ago.

It was bound to happen, and she wasn’t going to hope or promise Kyle she’d never let him down. L’aire had reasons for that, but for another time. Quickly shaking her head to his question. “No, not at all. In fact, I commend you. I know I’m hard to uh, put up with.” She knew fully well she’d never be ‘the Fairest one of all’, she had no talent for having a way with words… at all.

“So this more stuff you speak of. With you’re music…” Her lips smiling sweetly, “Do I get a sample before it goes live?”

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

When she laughs at him amid his aggressive tackling of the salad, he blinks a few times in confusion, but finally smiles - with his mouth closed, of course. He hadn't been trying to make her laugh, but it's pleasant added bonus.

Making things work with Sasha hadn't been especially easy, so far. The Minstrel really hadn't minded the challenge. He wants to say something about it, to reassure her; an overtly idealistic and reassuring comment comes to mind, but Kyle holds it back. It would probably just come off as cheesy and possibly spoil the moment. Instead, he reaches across the table and gives her hand a little squeeze. "It's been my pleasure."

Sample? He experiences the briefest moment of panic - which is drowned out by her smile. How can he say no? "I'll... well..." He covers his mouth with a hand and pretends to clear his throat. "When I've got something ready, you'll be the first to know."

He sets his fork down over his plate and tries to spot their server, squinting and looking for a familiar shape with the right color clothes. When he spots her, he pulls out his wallet and holds it up for a second until he receives a nod.

"I'm not rushin you on your food, just figure I would get paying out of the way."

S
    Sasha

L’aire may have looked radiant right now. If not for her Mask, her glow would be a brighter. “Are we… um…” It had partially come out at the spur of the moment, only stopped by her worry of the past. The Onyx was feeling trapped between whatever lay ahead and the road behind her. Not knowing if some day, someone unexpected would walk through a door.

Taking a bite and chewing while she apparently caught him off guard, it was very adorable to see him stammer. Even if she didn’t mean it. “It’s okay Chris. I’d actually like to hear more of whatever you have right now. Like whatever is on the iTunes?” Shrugging gently, unsure if he’d make her just listen to the track or he’d actually play.

Sagely nodding, L’aire didn’t feel rushed. She had been wondering something, considering it would eventually need to come up in conversation. “Have you ever spoken to Rick and Terri?” L’aire paused for a moment, trying to think if he was around when she was speaking to them at any sort of functions.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

He tilts his head slightly to the side, waiting to hear more. Are we what? When she chooses not to elaborate, a dozen possibilities run through his mind. Are we... leaving soon? Are we... safe here? Are we becoming a couple? The uncertainty burns at him, but he can't just blurt something out and be wrong. He just can't. So he looks down at his plate and begins arranging another forkful of Greek salad.

Kyle breathes a little sigh of relief. Then he furrows his brow, realizing he should explain. "I'm not against showin you the new stuff, it's just still bein written. Hopefully not by me... I've been workin on findin a writer for a while." He shrugs. "We'll see how that turns out. As far as my older stuff goes, I'd be happy to show it to you some time. Any time." His smile comes back now, in full force.

"Terri I've met. Real nice lady. The warm and inviting type. But Rick? I don't think so. Why?" he says, looking a little curious.

S
    Sasha

“You know, Gregory is kind of poetic at times.” He spoke a lot in rhyming, but L’aire wasn’t entirely sure that was what Kyle was particularly looking for. “I’m not saying to um, well, uh, I don’t know what I’m saying. He’s good with rhyming? He’s a nice guy.” Her slender hand moved to her temple and rubbed it. “I shouldn’t begin to offer assistance with your music. That would be like you telling me to krump. Not that I can’t do it, but not my personal thing… does that make sense?”

Another one of those times she could thank her Keeper for messing with her ability to formulate thoughts into words.

L’aire had put herself in an awkward situation. The Terri Nutkins and Rick Pereg were family. She wasn’t sure of what was going on with herself and the Minstrel, but it was like a weird meeting of… relatives. “Um, well, maybe we should, double date with them sometime? Some place that’s hmmm easier for conversation.” Smiling, her eyes widened, hoping he’d understand her meaning.

Why do I feel like I just invited him to meet my parents?

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle laughs lightly. "Yeah, completely. It's OK, though. I mean... who knows? He rhymes so often when he's talkin normally. He might have a whole repertoire of lyrical genius locked away somewhere. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to have a talk with him. He is a nice guy." The way Kyle says it almost suggests that he could talk to Gregory for his sake.

"Double date? Sure. Terri's seems nice enough. I'm sure her..." he starts to gesture but it turns into an awkward shrug. Boyfriend? Husband? Boy toy? "Well, I'm sure Rick is cool too. Sounds fun."

As the check arrives, Kyle smiles friendly and offers a decent tip. More than he probably should tip, with the budget he's on, but whatever - he doesn't want to come off as stingy. Business finished, he looks back at Sasha.

"But really... I'd like that. It'll be good to spend time with some of your friends." I already know how you feel about mine. It's not a particularly bitter thought, but still unavoidable. Nathan is probably Kyle's closest male friend.

S
    Sasha

Grinning sweetly, glad he understood what she meant. A small revelation that he was finally understanding her in general. Personal situations were always difficult, it was getting easier though. “Yeah, he is a nice guy. Not what you’d expect.” For a Gargoyle that is.

“Um… boyfriend…. Ex-husband.” L’aire’s smile pulled back with a strange facial expression. “Uh, hard to explain that…right now…” They were Lost things she couldn’t go into detail about currently.

The Dancer watched him finish with the bill. She oculdn’t help but notice the tip. It was nice of him all things considered. When he went back to her prior invitation, she grinned. “Good, I’ll figure out how to arrange something, probably at The Rose Garden.” Although that may be hard for her motley mate. Furrowing a brow for a moment. “Well, hopefully that will be okay with Terri.”

L’aire took the last bite, then dabbed her mouth with the napkin. She tidied up her plates neatly for the table busser. “So, at the last function, I saw you talking to a bunch of people by the bar, I think. Do you pal around with any of them outside of… functions?” She smiled curiously.

“We can go when you’re finished.” Although she wasn’t sure of one thing. “Wherever you’d like…”

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

"Complicated? I get it." he raises a brow at first then ends with an understanding nod.

Rose Garden. Of course. I'm gonna have to 'pre-game'. Kyle catches the fact that he's cringed at the thought a little late. He quickly smooths it over with a half-believable smile. I shoulda been an Autumn. My Court just loves its flowers. "Right. Well, wherever they want to go is fine."

Seeing Sasha finish with her food, Kyle glances down at the remnants of his salad, notices he's already picked out all the 'fun' parts and pushes his plate forward a bit. "Well, you already know about Nathan. Malcolm came with us to that light show back in December... Coco is just as much business as pleasure, I guess. She's always proposin some toast at functions. I think we could be friends if I tried." He pauses for a moment, a more pensive look crossing his face. "Come to think of it, she looked kinda sad the last time I saw her. Whatever happened to her girlfriend?"

"I think I'm done too." he says, pulling himself up from his seat and eyeing the door. "We can finish talkin in the car, anyways." He heads out ahead of her to get the door, waving and giving a polite smile to the hostess at the door. Eyeing the truck Sasha drove them over in, he makes his way over to the passenger side and waits for her to unlock it - unaware that his side is the only side that was actually locked.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.